Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

24,161 to 24,180 of 38,241 messages
03/02/2013 at 22:08

Wow I'm impressed and truely shocked at the hard work on here and the pace most of you are running at. The long runs from Golden Eagle, Carboloader, Scooby, Speedy, DS2 and Joolska caught my eye- sorry if I missed any. And how is your poor *rse Slokey?Congrats on the pace Minni ( I know you hate 10k's) and Gul a very tidy 8 miler.

Well I've had an up and down week. After pulling out of a track session on Thursday I ran a slow parkrun on Saturday. 20:13 although it was very icey. After driving most of today I sneeked out for a 10 miler at 8:02 pace this evening. Similar or worse pace than most of you are managing for much longer runs. The hip has eased a bit but still not right. I think I'm going to avoid speed work from now on- it's just too risky. On the plus side I survived the week and the sneeky 10 miler brings the week to a close with 49 miles.

If I tried those stretches Ant, I'd rip my leg off .       

04/02/2013 at 06:42

Ant - At the weekend, I usually try to time my run so that I am all finished just in time to make breakfast in bed. But yesterday I couldn't sleep and got up a bit earlier than planned.
Moof - good long run.
CL - great tempo run; steady as she goes.
SD - excellent mileage, topped off with a stonking long run.
Mennania - nice long run to start the campaign.
Ant - you never know what might happen when you're out running - never a dull moment. Good long run.
Bike It - pleased to hear this week has gone well.
SJ - well done on the cycling; hope the rest will help the foot recover.
Blisters - not sure if that list is inspiring or just plain daunting!
RFJ - great racing on a hilly course while you must still have been half asleep!
Speedy - good to hear from you; well done on fitting in the running. You must be exhausted in more ways than one. BTW I make it 6:31m/m - so even better!
DS2 - more great running; you must be pleased with reaching 57 miles.
Martin - very strong 18 miler. Hope work eases off to allow you a bit more time for running.
FW - good hilly LSR.
Jools - another good LSR.
Moof - well done on bagging a place at Abingdon - chose your moment carefully! And a cracking week too.
Minni - well done on chalking off those intervals. I have something similar planned this week!
TR - take care; hope the knee plays ball.
OO - take care of that hip; sounds like a sensible decision to steer clear of speedwork for now at least.
3 mile recovery run to start the week for me. Febulous starts today and I notice that quite a few people haven't set up their targets - I think it has to be done very soon; might even be the deadline today?

04/02/2013 at 09:14

moof wrote (see)

I've just entered the Abingdon Marathon, one minute I'm just having a quick look at the website and in a haze my credit card is on the table and I'm being congratulated on my entry. I think I'll leave it a few days before breaking the news to Mrs Moof.

I had in mind that Abo entry was the 1st March so I am now in 'marathon entry decision stress' and need to decide on the autumn entry/enteries.   There is now quite a range of mara's in October - Chester, Liverpool, Bournemouth to name a few.  Abo is just 40 minutes up the road though so I may well see you there

04/02/2013 at 10:18

Moof - well done on getting your entry sorted for Abo!

Bike it - I too am stressing about what to do in the autumn. I was thinking of not bothering because of the long cycle ride in August but think it will be good to have something running wise to aim out, even if I don't run it flat out! have family nearby to Abingdon, so will probably be my favoured one as well.

Gul - great summary as ever!

Feeling pretty good after yesterdays LSR, but a tough week ahead so will see how it goes. 9 with 5 at HMP tomorrow and 18 with 10 at MP Sunday are filling me with dread. Got to be done I suppose! Rest day today.

Just completed my second meal of the day already. I'm eating non-stop and still losing weight. Down to 11st 10lb. Lowest in years and years!

04/02/2013 at 14:44

moof/Bike it - I've bitten the bullet and entered Abingdon. I missed out last year when I intended to do it and didn't want to take the risk this time. I was going to do the 'new' York marathon but it sold out in 2 days. Feel better now.

Only worry is that my LEJOG ride is 16-26 August. I will be looking for advice on how to manage both and, more importantly, be fit enough to do myself justice in both.

I'll worry about it after my Marathon in may though!

04/02/2013 at 18:20

X train day today, 44 mile on the road bike @ 18.8 mph average massive winds too.

All this running is deffo helping the riding legs

10mi tempo again tomorrow then Wed is long run 20 mi....Bring it!!!

Ohh the joys of being a relativley young 29 yrs old lol

04/02/2013 at 18:24
Bike It - I'm tempted by either Beachy Head or Snowdonia as the autumn marathon. Both sound excellent.

6m with strides in the wind and rain along the banks of the River Ness this morning. Made a nice change from the Surrey hills. On my way down to Edinburgh as I write this, so hoping to have time for a 10+ miler tomorrow morning.
04/02/2013 at 19:38

Lozza - hate to warn you that's it's snowing here. Not really settling though so should be OK for you to get some miles in tomorrow

Enjoy Abo those that have entered. A top race for going quickly

I suspect that might just make you the thread "young lad" carbloader Good to have someone posting who brings the average age down by a decade or so

04/02/2013 at 20:30

yes let's not put off the youngsters. Talking of age, I just looked at the runbritain national ladder- they have me down as 44th V50. That cheered me up while I'm feeling down on my luck.

Rest day here. 

04/02/2013 at 20:31

I tell everyone I'm 29. Does that count ? (no one believes me anymore )

Why did I think Abo was in Scotland?

Early night as first ever double day tomorrow.

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 20:34
04/02/2013 at 20:39
OO - yes I hate 10ks but I'm going to enter Blyth again. Have you entered Blaydon? I'm organising a club block entry so don't need to bother with the online entry.

Lorenzo - I've run many times along the Ness. I really like it up there. Are you heading a bit further South after Edinburgh? I could've met you for a beetroot juice!

Carb loader is young enough to be my son! (Almost)

DS2 - I thought you'd entered York? Abo is the one to do though.

Edit: just remembered you won't be around for Blaydon OO. I think I spotted the Twaddler ran a cracking 10k at the weekend?
Edited: 04/02/2013 at 20:41
04/02/2013 at 20:53

I've entered Blyth Minni and my club are doing a block entry for Blaydon also. I'll be working in Geneva by then but it's on the weekend this year so I should make it.

Not seen the Twaddler result, do tell....I know he's making a strong comeback and you can hide quality.

04/02/2013 at 21:03
34:04 at Dewsbury. Not bad for someone who's had the best part of a year off.

Yes Blaydon is a Sunday this year. That'll not be a good start to the week with a mega hangover (which for me goes hand in hand with the race!!)
04/02/2013 at 21:11
Minni/OO - coincidentally I just entered the Blyth 10k this evening. See you there perhaps?? Is it potentially quite quick then?
04/02/2013 at 21:20
It's potentially quick if you're a quick runner Fraser. It'll be a horrible day out for me.
Blisters    pirate
04/02/2013 at 21:53

Hmm, running races?

Sounds like a good idea. When is Abingdon? October usually. I wouldn't mind another crack.

04/02/2013 at 22:50

Lol everyone yes thats why i want the 3.10 target for vlm its a GFA for a 29 year OLD.

Looks like i have years left to do with this running business, although ill always be a Mtb/roadie at heart, Marathons having only done 3 of them keep bringing me back for more pain and training.I have to keep telling myself the quicker i run the faster the pain will go away lol.

Minni- My parents are ony 46-47 respectivly so maybe you are old enough to be my Mother , no assumptions made here lol

04/02/2013 at 23:56

Good for you carboloader, the way you are going 3:10 should be achievable.

Yes we'll see you at Blyth  Fraser- where are u travelling from? It's a fairly flat course and I got my best 10k time there last year and a V45 prize. Unlikely I'll do so well this year but a good sharpener for the VLM. The awards ceremony is in a local pub after the race so good for a pint if you have time to stick around.  

05/02/2013 at 06:21

DS2 - Hope the HMP run today goes OK.
CL - I feel old!
Lorenzo - Scotland sounds appealing - apart from the snow!
OO - great ranking!
SD - Good luck with the double.
6 slow miles d&d.

05/02/2013 at 06:36

6 slow miles d&d. As we say around these parts.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.