Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

24,361 to 24,380 of 38,224 messages
10/02/2013 at 18:52

Great PBs from Moof and AR. What was it like running without checking the Garmin?

Jools Very nice MP as well

Minni Great report

Speedy Hope it is nothing to serious.

SBD Greart pace on the back of a long week

10/02/2013 at 19:19
Cracking week all round it seems. Superb long running amid serious mileage (Speedy's tumble excepted) Excellent cross countrying and MP runs and smashing new PBs!

Things picking up here too. Busy weekend with a couple of hours in A&E with son's broken ankle on Friday followed by 2.5hours of run, bike, swim then 2 hrs of spinning yesterday (didn't know a human could sweat so much) that's 2 runs of 30mins each this week followed by a 40 minute run today at 8mm and foot not grumbling much worse than normal which I'm taking as a sign to crack on.

Everyone else's exploits are a clear sign of how far behind I am but I will be happy just to be able to get back to running regularly. Fingers crossed.
10/02/2013 at 19:49

Jools - That's an impressive MP, thought it was you that passed me at about 5 miles and you pulled away, and I finished 2 places behind you, don't worry not stalking you,  recognised the vest from your avatar and the results confirmed that.  Well done to the other Wokingham racers -  very impressive times from Moof and AR.

10/02/2013 at 19:54

Excellent PBs Moof & AR.  Potential sub-3 form there.

Well done Jools & SBD.  Solid results from high mileage weeks.

Looks like that would ahve been so much more fun RFJ had it not been wet & windy.  Well done.

Good to get you back running again DS2.  Fingers crossed for your Dad.

Well done on your 20 milers Minni & Speedy (sure a few questions will be asked at work tomorrow)!!!

10/02/2013 at 20:38
Nice MP effort from Joolska and SBD on a full mileage week.

Scooby, "what's it like running without checking the Garmin?" Panicky! I kept thinking, am I running fast enough. And when running with others I asked myself am I trying too hard to keep the pace or can I run faster?
I think I like the comfort blanket that is the Garmin, but in saying that I achieved a PB.
Not sure I'd be brave enough in VLM to just go on feel. 3 hours is too long to think.
10/02/2013 at 21:07

Not going to do a Gul, but I have read everones posts. Special well done to Moof and AR. PBing in todays conditions if very impressive and those times are quick!. 

Good decision Jools. Sub 3 awaits. 

Nice racing Minni.

Some very good LSRs. Particularly encouraging from Ant and SBD amongst others. Hope those lumps settle down Speedy. Good to see you back here Barry as well. 

Late start for me today which made avoiding breakfast a challenge, but I left the house unfueled, without any food, drink or money in my pockets and got round 22m on a new loop at 7.31m/m ave. Almost tempted to do the extra 4.2m just to claim an unfueled, unwatered marathon on a horrible day, but lunch beckoned. 72m for the week.

10/02/2013 at 21:09
SBD ... wrote (see)

It can only get better

Nice to see you on you feet and a number on your vest. As you say, can only go one way from there.

10/02/2013 at 21:43

Blimey, some real quick times in those HMs moof and AR, and good stuff all round in the wind and the rain. I was pushed for time so got in 14M at 7:30 mm with the last 4 at about 6:50. Felt strong - I'm crediting the the brioche and marmalade bread and butter pudding from last night. Think I've found my Marathon eve menu...

10/02/2013 at 21:49

I must make a mental note not to run downwind of you Lumbu

10/02/2013 at 22:13

SBD - Apologies for missing out your Wokingham performance, good time off a big mileage week.  Sounds like you are coming back from injury, that's the only way I would be ahead of you in a race.

10/02/2013 at 22:36

Keir - yes, wise words. Best to stay upwind of me whatever I've eaten to be honest. My runs are frequently jet powered.

Oh, and thanks DS2 for the foot advice. I do a bit of foot tennis ball rolling, so I've upped that a bit and seems to have sorted it for time being.

And regarding the shoes, thanks for the input all. I'm gonna get me some DS Racers for all those superfast 10 k's I'm gonna do this summer, and stick with the plodders for the biggy. Probably.

10/02/2013 at 23:57

Great PB's moof and AR @ Wokingham, and good result too Jools with a big weekly mileage.

Impressive 20 miler Martin

Well done on the XC race Minni and the 20 miler too.

Dodgy sweetcorn Ant, indeed! But a great 20 miler.

I was hoping to get my first 20 miler of the campaign tonight, but the bitter cold cut my run short by 2 miles. I had double gloves on but the constant rain/sleet & wind made it worse My hands were so cold I had to get my wife to undo my shoe laces! 18 miles in 2.18 with 5 miles at 7.22 - 7.04 pace.

11/02/2013 at 06:37

Ant - good MP run. And LR inc. MP too! Nice one.
Martin - excellent progressive long run.
OO - very nice podium finish parkrun.
Lorenzo - well done on the long run and nice to finish with a parkrun with Mrs L.
Minni - great XC result and well done on bagging another 20 miler.
Speedy - what a week of running! Very impressive. Not such good tumbling, though. Take care now.
Mennania - hope you're OK and not coming down with something.
SD - good end to an impressive week.
Moof - congrats - you smashed that PB!
DS2 - pleased to hear you're up and running again; sorry to hear about your dad though. Hope all is OK.
AR - nice to get a PB on an off-day!
Jools - sensible move in the conditions and a very decent HM too.
Birch - steady as she goes.
RFJ - well done - that sounds like one heck of a race.
SBD - good running and excellent mileage.
SJ - hope things are on the up.
Keir - cracking 22 miler.
Lumbu - very tidy 14 miler.
KR - sounds positively arctic. Well done on reaching 18!
Another slow 6 miles for me this morning.

11/02/2013 at 15:35

Intermittent posting from me at the moment - busy busy busy so this may seem like a bit of a selfish “blog-post” but hoping just to stay in touch with all.

I had an attempt at a read back on the train this morning but sorry I'm not going to do a Gul, and mention all, in fact I rely on Gul's morning summary to keep me vaguely in the loop! So thanks for that Gul - keep up the good work!

Suffice to say, there are some good long runs getting done now, good work all, and some good racing too - seems like a good, if cold and wet day a Wokingham and the Meon Valley, well done all!

I dashed off to the Forest of Dean last weekend and had a good couple of days, highlight was what I thought was going to be a fartlek session along a disused railway track through the forest, but actually after setting out I realised that the hill wasn't going to stop as it slowly meandered up through the trees, after 3.5 miles of continuous up hill, with some hard random efforts I decided enough was enough and turned round.... 3 pretty swift splits back of about 6:10 each! Nice.

Rest of week pretty standard some general aerobic stuff, a good set of 5x6mins with 2min recovery mid week and then 18m on Sunday which pleased me as I picked up the pace over the last 3-4miles to about PMP and it didn't seem too tough.

Total for the week 46 miles - So it seems that things are starting to come together.

6m recovery this morning.

Brighton Half on Sunday - anyone else down there for the day?

Daily Dilema - To mini-taper or not to mini-taper for Brighton.... Currently I'll probably train through as planning on sandwiching the race with some easy miles to get up to 17-18 for the day but might take Saturday off.

11/02/2013 at 16:08

FINgers - I think we all find ourselves in that place every now and then! As you say, not sure where we would be without Gul's summaries! Nice running last week - like most on here things seem to be coming together. Makes all the hard work through the winter worth it.

Thanks for the good wishes about my Dad. pleased to say things have settled back down and it seems it may have been a problem at the lab. Caused him a bit of worry but better safe than sorry, I suppose!

KR - sounds a nightmare. I think I got out just early enough. Was cold and wet but didn't feel too bad until the last mile or so. One pair of gloves sufficed! Good going to do 18 in that though!

11/02/2013 at 16:44

DS2 - Pleased to hear that about your Dad - definitely better safe than sorry.

FINgers - I would say no taper as such, just maybe squeeze an extra session in (today?) and then do little or nothing on saturday - that's my plan for this week, anyway, as I have a HM next Sunday myself, and this'll be only 5 weeks out from my marathon. 

11/02/2013 at 17:47

10 weeks to the VLM, time is flying by. Buttermere round for me next Sunday (34km). I'm debating whether to do the parkrun on Saturday the day before- I think I'll go for it.

11/02/2013 at 17:53
Sh*t, that means there's only 9 weeks to Mrs moofs 40th, better get my arse into gear and get something organized.
11/02/2013 at 19:42

I'm your man if it's jewellery moof  

Blisters    pirate
11/02/2013 at 21:47

Yeah, and I've only got 10 days to my wife's 50th. I've got some thongs (typo, THINGS) organised, but they are now starting to go a bit pear shaped.

Anyway, 8+ miles tabbed out in full, warm, winter attire. Not expecting anything, but it transpired to 7:54m/m. Nice.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.