Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

25,521 to 25,540 of 38,961 messages
23/03/2013 at 07:10

Moof - I'd say you're on course to smash your goal! And yes, it's the VLM 2010 fridge magnet I have - 6:20:04 I made the schoolboy error of running with an injury and had a disaster.
AR - good 20 miler. The end is in sight!
OO - take care of that hip.
Lorenzo - good luck in Cranleigh. Sorry to say it's freezing here in Norfolk too, though no snow as of yet. Can't help with running routes in or around Hethersett where I've only been once for the wedding of a cousin who used to live there. Wave as you pass King's Lynn on Monday evening.
Bike It - hope the new shoes help your feet.
Blisters - well done on the PB.
Mennania - lovely weather.
Ant - that's terrible. Now you'll have to carb-load all over again!
Martin - hope the long run is not as bad as you fear.
Speedy - sounds like you might need to rest up for a few days. Get well soon.
Minni - great MLR.
8 very easy miles this morning. That'll do nicely. Now got to decide how to play next week. Probably just easy and steady miles, but should I ditch the 5k TT for Marchvellous?

23/03/2013 at 07:42

Ant: what a complete mess!  Hope you can make the most of the next few weeks (or however long it is...!) and get a cracking spring marathon out of it at some point.

Speedy: hope you feel better soon.  Having the cold now is probably the best timing - more than enough time to recover fully before the big day.

23/03/2013 at 09:32

Commiserations Ant - I just hope the new date fits and you can train well in the mean time.

Thanks for the tips on the shoes Blisters - I've tried the Mizuno Wave in the shop before and liked it.  I'm probably much to heavy for the DS though.  Still one thing about paying full price at Sweatshop is I can return them within a month for a different pair, so I'll have to do that if I'm still not getting on with them.

13 miles for me yesterday at 8:16 pace. Rest day today - my wife normally works on Saturdays but is off today so we are going over to the Living Rainforest in the snow and then for pub lunch

23/03/2013 at 09:37

Ant - I'd be raging !

About a foot of snow here, and it is still coming down . . . . .

23/03/2013 at 09:44

Ant - total downer. Get on the hunt for your next one.

Birch - I will take your foot and raise you one. I havent seen snow like this since I was a nipper! No chance of anything for me

KR - It is over you wellies in the normal bits, in a drift its waist deep. I also live a mile from the nearest B road which hasnt been ploughed. I am stuffed for running but will do an hour on the spinner.

23/03/2013 at 09:55

Speedy, as others say, lurgy looses to training. I did my all time PR (too much marathontalk) at Loughborough, easily under 70 minutes in the days before GPS only to find out there was a crash on course and they diverted the route and cut a chunk off.

Poacher, is this really your choice and if so can you swing me a few crates as part of your concession?

http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/997%5C5010548002997%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Edited: 23/03/2013 at 09:55
23/03/2013 at 10:14

That's outrageous Ant although at least you get to Carbo Load twice

Nice MP miles Minni.

So where is home Mennania?

Only a couple of inches of snow here but it is still coming down.  Will hopefully get the 5mile recovery in later ...  but not sure about tomorrow's planned 20 miles ..

The SOH is in Arizona on a business trip at the moment where it is Sunny and 27 deg C

23/03/2013 at 10:17

Ashton Court parkrun for me in lieu of Midlands Road Relays.  Course pb by about 30 seconds with the usual wonky splits to allow for the hill on the way out and downhill on the way back: 7.07, 6.42, 5.35 and then not quite enough of a sprint finish to end under 20 dead.  I fear 20.01...

23/03/2013 at 10:40

Minni Impressive 12 miles, which ever way you look at them

BikeIt Sounds like a really enjoyable day ahead. Good solid 13 as well.

Jools Nice PB

Gul Looking good, you know you need to be sensible

After a few too many last night I decided to swap days around, so a very leisurely 17.5 miles at 8:20 mm, HR 65%. Which means the dreaded 10k time trial is waiting for tomorrow.

Edited: 23/03/2013 at 10:41
23/03/2013 at 11:53

Thats a bummer Ant

Anyway popping in for my normal weekly check up.... life is well here and trg is good and hard..... 18.53m done this morning with a parkrun in the middle (tried to run it at MP but too tired today - 22:31) - Eastleigh 10k tomorow..... (will be going hard)

Nice 17.5 Scooby sould mean the head is now clear

Good new course PB Jools at parkrun

Take care

23/03/2013 at 11:53

Envious of anyone getting any miles in - Good effort Jools, minni and Bike it.

SBD - Home is Hope Mountain, Nr Wrexham.

Have tried to load a picture up but not having it at the mo.

23/03/2013 at 14:07
Minni - good MP run. It always confuses people early morning when I have a dress rehearsal of the fairy costume.

KR - it will be Sunday 14th April, quite early morning. Only 8-10 miles so can meet you on Welford Road if you are free. Will let you know.

Excellent parkrunning RFJ and Jools (congrats on PB).

Gul - nice 8 miler. Just listen to your body and if ok then have a go at the TT.

PMJ - I have a few of those in the fridge. Very nice beer!!

Get well soon Speedy.

3 hours time on feet run this morning in 2 inches of snow and driving snow in face most of the way. Managed 22.63 miles all around 7.55 pace. Mindnumbingly boring but had to be sensible due to underfoot conditions. Think that is now
6x20+ milers bagged with the best next week that includes 10m at MP. Not long now!!!
23/03/2013 at 14:15
A fair bit of slushy snow made my 5 mile plod a pretty damp and dismal affair earlier not help by a plumet in energy levels about a mile into the run.
I felt pretty light headed and a bit vacant for a couple of miles and couldn't wait for the run to be over. Managed to perk up a bit towards the end but easily the worst run I've done. That'll teach me to munch on a Cadburys chocolate boost an hour before I go out.

Nice course PB parkrun Jools.

I can tell this unseasonable weather is starting to get on your wick as well Mennania. I think we really need to keep the colder weather until after VLM otherwise no one will cope. Ok, we can lose the sleet, snow, ice rain, gale force winds, torrential downpours etc. Etc...

Gul- your 2010 marathon experience sounds less than ideal (slight understatement!) Well done for seeing it through, I would have definitely jacked it and got the tube.
Blisters    pirate
23/03/2013 at 14:17

There were two or three flakes of snow where I live, and that was enough for me to agree with anyone who wanted to cancel a bike ride outside. The garage was a nice and toasty plus 1 degree for my 3 hours on the turbo.

23/03/2013 at 14:31

Well done you lot for getting good miles in under those conditions.

Gul - I'd forgotten about that - I can still feel your pain...

Jools - As the man said, 20:01 gives you a good reason to go back there. And a PB is a PB is a PB...

Well, it transpires that my marathon was postponed because the organisers had simply neglected to check with the local authorities whether any restrictions were in place before settling on the date. The Ministry of Transport had published in the Spanish equivalent of Hansard  on 25th January that no sporting events were to take place in the área this weekend so as not to hinder the massive exodus of people escaping for their Easter holidays. This measure may well be considered excessive, and in fact it is, but the point is if you're organising a race you should first check if there are any impediments to its taking place on the date you want.

Another thing is that all this really b****rs up my Jantastic.

5.5M @ 6:57mm. Felt easy, dammit.

23/03/2013 at 14:39

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1784748149/Good_Quality_Logo.JPG

PMJ - not got any beer but can recommend the above cheese to accompany a pint.

Minni - realistic target is tba. If sub 3.15 feels feasible I will give it a go, but given the lack of training I might just have a laugh, get the fruit out and pace round a chum who is looking for something like 3.30 on debut. Got GFA time for next year anyway so no pressure.  You are looking good for a PB though.

Temperature down to 35C here, relatively arctic 

23/03/2013 at 14:59

Poacher if you decide on sub 3:15 then I might well look to get pulled along.....

23/03/2013 at 15:11

Hey, everyone- Minni wants to be pulled by Poacher!

23/03/2013 at 15:16
Or I could hang on to his fruit bowl....
23/03/2013 at 15:29

Ah well, the HM tomorrow has been cancelled so there's no danger of me going out and giving myself a chest infection. I don't feel ill, I just have a disgusting cough. I'm not so convinced as the rest of you that now is a good time to be ill. I had a cold 4 weeks out from Munich and look how that turned out. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.