Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

25,521 to 25,540 of 35,763 messages
21/03/2013 at 14:10
Good news KR. You'll have to put some weight back on again!
21/03/2013 at 14:12

Well done KR - now get some sleep!

Hill reps session this morning. Legs felt truelly mashed - good feeling to complete it without ducking out of a rep or two.

In other news VLM Registration form and magazine just dropped through the door.  

21/03/2013 at 15:45

Yes got the vlm mag about 30 mins ago.

Running wise my legs are still battered from sundays H/M.........is this normal?.Managed 3 runs since sunday all felt awful after a few miles 

21/03/2013 at 15:59

I'm kind of feeling pleasantly tired at the moment. I know I am pushing as hard as last marathon campaign, but don't feel on the edge as I did last time (touch wood and all that).

Long Run tomorrow am as the weekend is looking too busy. Needs must. It will be a long slow one before something more progressive next week.

21/03/2013 at 18:01

CL - Yes, the general rule of thumb is 1 day recovery for each mile raced.  But I'm sure you'll be fine after a few more easy runs.

Good to see you've found the ring KR.  I'm going to be racing Maidehead 10 miles on Eater Friday and may even do a parkrun the following Saturday so a couple of opportunities for faster times.

Some quick miles there Martin - you're in good form.

Welcome RC - I'm hoping to get faster when I turn 50

Hope the Carbo Loading is going to plan Ant

Good news on the MRI Scooby - assuming you don't want to play tennis!

Sounds promising Gul.

5 mile recovery today.  All nice and easy and nothing complaining too much. 

Looks like the Red GFA Start for me this year.

21/03/2013 at 20:06
Blooming cutbacks, where's the bloody fridge magnet!! I'll bet there's a thread on that tomorrow.

Glad you found your ring KR, can't seem to lose my ball and chain no matter how much weight I drop.

6+4 for me today, all easy running this week as legs still knackered from Sunday. Last nights 15 miles was tough.
21/03/2013 at 20:40
VLM Mag arrived safely but I'm a bit confused! Are there 2 Good For Age categories?

Last year I started on the Red Start (Fast Good For Age) but this year I seem to be on the green start - number 29916. Does that make me Fastish, not quite as Good for Age?

Where's everyone else going off from?
21/03/2013 at 20:46

I am on the 'not quite as good as the others' good for age green start too Lorenzo so will see you there 28067. Looks cozy compared to the others though. Just the 4199 of us there. Errr, does this mean there are 4199 GFA ers trying to get as close to the start as possible?

21/03/2013 at 20:47

Lorenzo - what time did you run last year?  I'm on Green!

Bloody annoyed about not getting a fridge magnet.  Its going to ruin my ladder design on the side of my fridge.   Might have to ebay....

21/03/2013 at 20:47
Hi, sorry to butt in on the thread but I found out today that I'm starting at the Red "fast good for age" start and reckoned that a few of you guys will have started from there in previous years.
Does anyone know how much this differed from the other starts as in the magazine there isn't much detail about what's there. All of the other starts look like they have a lot more in the way of toilets etc.
Cheers.
21/03/2013 at 20:49

The Green start is cool.  The celebs start from there and they get right at the front but you soon pass them.  You'll be over the start line in seconds.   I've been on both and prefer the Green to be honest. 

21/03/2013 at 21:04
Millsy1977 wrote (see)
Hi, sorry to butt in on the thread but I found out today that I'm starting at the Red "fast good for age" start and reckoned that a few of you guys will have started from there in previous years.
Does anyone know how much this differed from the other starts as in the magazine there isn't much detail about what's there. All of the other starts look like they have a lot more in the way of toilets etc.
Cheers.

It's the equivalent of a business lounge in the airport terminal - it doesn't get any better.  Well, apart from the Champs start ...

21/03/2013 at 21:10
Thanks, sounds like all that extra training last year was all worth it!
21/03/2013 at 21:14
KR - just purple again this year.

I went off of the green start last year. Celebs are annoying but once you have trampled over the back of them then it's a good early route. I'm back on FGFA this year so will raise a few eyebrows in my tutu. Use me as a meeting point if you like!!!
21/03/2013 at 21:16
Red FGFA for me. Number 32394.
21/03/2013 at 21:29

Millsy1977, a few of us all started from the FGFA last year. It is good but it isn't that exclusive so don't get lulled into a false sense of security: if you want to get a clean start you need to be up front as there are many hundreds there: just compared to the many thousands at other starts it is bliss.

Blisters    pirate
21/03/2013 at 21:43

KR, bad news good news on the ring. It sounds like it's not an uncommon experience for us, from the straw poll of responses, primarily blokes. It happened to me too, during peak training, when it was barkingly cold. I was the office of some tinpot glazing company in Wales who didn't go in for heating. Shook my arms and hands to get some blood into the fingers and TINK TINK off went the ring.

Worse than that: this weekend we were at Wedgewood visitor centre and I felt a scratchiness on the ring finger. When I looked, the ring was broken. Major problem now.

Good news.
Managed a very pleasant, unstressed, wrapped up warm, 8 miler. Even had a chat with a 1:28 HM runner who was out for a plod.

Bad news Good news.
Bike wasn't fixed. Was fixed. Wasn't fixed. Was fixed. Eventually Specialized have replaced my wheelset with a significant upgrade. Well chuffed.

Good news.
Got a pay rise.

21/03/2013 at 22:26

I have been off the FGFA start a couple of times now.

The first time there were less runners in it and it was a real treat.

Unfortunately since then they have made it easier for the "young whippersnappers" to get GFA - they only have to do 3:10 not sub 3:00 so there are more people in the pen now.

I still think it is a privilege to start from there - almost feel like a real runner!

21/03/2013 at 22:41

OK, you all answered lots of questions for me - so FGFA sounds like it is one of the more 'comfy' places to start from, but from what PMJ has said, some 'elbow work' may be required to get into a clean starting position.

Wish I hadn't been told about fridge magnets though - I would never have known about what I wasn't getting. Did Virgin blow the fridge magnet budget on Mo?

21/03/2013 at 23:10

Big blow on the fridge magnet- I love those

I'm promoted to red this year, not been there before.

10.5 miles for me tonight, though I'm having a poor week so far and will struggle to get to 50 miles.

Also tried out my new mara shoes Asics DS racers. They fit well but I'm not as impressed as I was with the old pair- they feel a bit more rigid.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.