Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

25,701 to 25,720 of 37,190 messages
27/03/2013 at 11:37

More of a Fleetwood Mac chap meself Jools - Off to see them in September.

Hope the foor gets better Poacher and a cracking 10k from LB.

11 with 5 x 1200 last night (at 10k pace not 5k) at just under 6mm (except the last one). Unpleasent but OK. I am hoping to squeeze an 18 with 14 at MP on Fri and a 20 on Monday. Maybe hoping for too much.

27/03/2013 at 12:16

Easter w/end running plans;

Good Friday- up early for a 15 mile+ run

Saturday- parkrun (not quite sure of the bunny outfit)

Sunday North Tyneside 10k (+4 up 4 down)

27/03/2013 at 15:18

Mennania - I'm with you there. Am I right in thinking Lindsey Buckingham is with them on their current tour? I remember seeing them with Billy Burnette once and he murdered Buckingham and Nick's Don't Let Me Down Again.  BTW Sounds like a tough few days you have coming up!
OO - can't make my mind up how to finish the week. Good luck racing.

27/03/2013 at 15:57

LB - That is an amazing 10k to have done in training, on your own. What is the matter with your foot? Maybe it's similar to what I've been starting to notice with mine...

8 miles this morning in the pouring rain, av 7:02mm. In the last mile noticed a bit of an ache in the sole my right foot, towards the heel. Hope it's not plantar fascitis. Has anyone had experience of this?

My marathon now has an official new date - 28th April. I note they haven't given the option of getting your money back. I can accept it or ask for my entry to be deferred to 2014. No way I'm doing the latter, so the 28th April it is. I wonder how many will take part in the end, as there were only 133 entered originally as it was.

27/03/2013 at 16:05

Gul - Mr Bucks is there - Should be great. The schedule is maybe too tough and am currently pondering about blending the 20 and 18. Will see how I feel on Thursday AM.

ANt - A couple of weeks reminding yourself and then back into taper?

27/03/2013 at 18:21

LB That is a stonking run, even more so when solo.

Menn Your 10k pace is quicker than my 5k pace, happy I am still only thinking about Wrexham. Blending 20 and 18, does that mean you are running 38?

First physio session today, non the wiser. 30 mins, 10 of which were with a hot towel on my shoulder sat on my own.

27/03/2013 at 20:27

Cancelled Coniston, rescheduled for 12th October. And open to new entries. I'll be there for that one.

Hope the other 20 were more rewarding Scoobs. 

27/03/2013 at 21:01
Thanks for the comments on the 10K TT

In terms of the foot, I think it's a reoccurrence of an old injury (2 years ago) which I think was probably a stress fracture. It was very painful at the time and needed quite a few weeks of complete rest to recover. It's flared up a few times since, but never seriously - so hopefully it's the same again this time. It's on the top of my left foot about half way down - though I'm also noticing a little ankle pain as well

6M recovery run tonight and foot was ok until I had to slam the brakes on at a junction! So a little sore now, but not too bad
27/03/2013 at 21:24
Great solo 10k LB70, take it a little easy if the foot is playing up as they are quite important when it comes to running.

You too Ant, I've had a painful heel before which I thought was PF (google told me so) but apparently it wasn't. Get out the golf ball for a little massage.

11.6 miles for me this evening with 5 * 4.5 mins reps which should be about 1200 metres. Don't know how fast/slow I was as my Garmin is in the post.

Keep up the good training.

The wurzels!!!
27/03/2013 at 21:30
OO it's years since I've done Coniston but it was always one of my favourites. I might head there in October.

Ant - good news about the new date. How will you find that with so few runners? The Town Moor has about the same amount but because its laps there's always someone up ahead to target.
27/03/2013 at 22:03

Minni - I have actually thought about using my MP3, if allowed, but I think it's heresy to do that. The answer will be to keep as many behind me as possible!

Yes, the bloody Wurzels, if you please!

27/03/2013 at 22:08
Ant - one of the things I like about the TM is being able to listen to music. You can completely get in the zone.
27/03/2013 at 22:10
Meanwhile my confidence has taken a nose dive and its going to take a lot of wine to get it back on track.
27/03/2013 at 23:06
Minni wrote (see)
Meanwhile my confidence has taken a nose dive and its going to take a lot of wine to get it back on track.

Why - what's happened?

28/03/2013 at 01:18

Must admit I've never run with an iPod - what's it like?

What's knocked your confidence Minni?

Put my mansuit on tonight along with double gloves and a few other layers determined not to be benched by a cold/cough/snot/negative attitutde. Started off steady and crept down to 7.30 pace, then 7.10 pace. felt okay so pressed on and did 3 miles at 6.30 and then a few at 6.5x pace to get a 1.25.58 time for 12 miles. Hopefully I've knocked it out of my system or it's gonig to bite me back?

28/03/2013 at 06:22

LB Go carefully on the foot

Minni What has happened? You seem to have been flying recently

KR What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

14 this morning at 8:06 in pretty much perfect running conditions, even had a very light shower on my uphiill section.

28/03/2013 at 07:46

excellent pace KR.

What's up Minni- did the shandy work?

I used to enjoy the ipod when I ran alone in Paris but rarely use it these days. The nano (which can clip on your clothing) is easy to use.

Missed a session last night ans possibly today also- not too bothered as my back is a bit sore and heavy running w/end planned starting tomorrow. And the holiday begins....

28/03/2013 at 08:45

SD - strange physio.
Moof - good session.
KR - speedy 12 miler - looks promising.
SD - sounds like a very enjoyable MLR.
Decided to do the 5k TT in the end, but at 10k pace. So did 12 miles in total including a 20:06 5k. Hard going, so a little way to go yet to nail that sub 40.

28/03/2013 at 08:51

Whats happened Minni to knock the confidence. You've had an amazing build up of training. If we could put you in hibernation for 3 weeks, I still reckon you will have done more than enough. Hope everything is OK and it is just pre-pre-pre eve of taper madness!

Sore right hip flexor today. Massage booked as a massive over reaction to the mildest of niggles.

28/03/2013 at 08:57
OO - Coniston sounds interesting and it's in such a great part of the country. What's the official website for entries? Am looking for a good off-road marathon in the autumn with Snowdonia and Beachy Head top of the pops at the moment.

KR - Impressive progressive run; can't beat the "Kill or Cure" approach to training.

Jools - thanks for the reference to the Little Stoke run. My sister-in-law lives near Stoke Bishop so this might be a better (and flatter!) option than Ashton Court. Will let you know what it's like.

Good to hear you're back in good form Gul - have you got a 10K in mind?

4.5 miles with 3 at 6:5x yesterday; 6.5 pleasant hilly miles this morning. Still cold but at least the sun's out at the moment.

I read this morning that the cold spell may last until the end of the month; at least it'll stop me fretting about overheating at VLM but the thought of running it in a long sleeved top and gloves seems a bit odd.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.