Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

25,741 to 25,760 of 37,387 messages
31/03/2013 at 14:44

Yet more fine work - things coming to the boil nicely for many  . . . .
Moof - that's a great last big week, and together with those race times, a big mara result likely  . . .
Scooby - ditto, and also Jools (campaign looks good, 21/04 beckons)
Badbark - top, top week - 100 in the diary must be very satisfying - I always fancied recording a ton, but never managed (nor was capable) of it ! 

More modest stats here, but 10 today following Friday's 15 gives me 131 for the month, and 323 for the year. Given what 2012 was like, I'll take that for now.

31/03/2013 at 14:52

x-post
Speedy - you report "Much better than I thought I'd manage given the lingering lurgy"
Really good to hear that - and the revised taper looks sound. Fwiw, I was chatting to my running pal this morn, and mentioned that looking back in my diaries, I did quite a few maras with a 2 week taper, without any obvious detriment. The final week will still be 25%, and at least you've 3 weeks to get over the bug, so maybe a good result still on cards.
Regards

31/03/2013 at 15:00
Badbark- I've been checking out your mileage stats and training log over on fetch, you've definitely put in a high amount of miles and some of your long runs have some decent quality in them. Great commitment and dedication, I hope the end result reflects this. (It will of course)

Same with you too Scooby, fantastic high mileage that will give you a great shot at achieving your goals. That's a very strong LR.

Nice 10k OO.

Great effort speedy, looks like sub 3 effort is still on.

Thanks for the praise Birch, onwards and upwards.
31/03/2013 at 15:28

Speedy: peak of 70 (I couldn't handle the miles you do without breaking down!) and so the last 3 weeks will be 58, 46, 24 + race.  It sounds like the lurgy hasn't had too much of an impact.  I would say don't try and catch up too much of the training you've missed.  A week won't have made much of a difference.

31/03/2013 at 16:46

OO Great 10k and points towards sub 3 again

Jools Nice 20 miler banked.

Speedy Hopefully the cold is behind you and the rest may actually help for the big day.

Bedbark Amazing run on the back of a very, very large and massive week.

Birch great news regarding your progression

31/03/2013 at 17:05

nice lsr jools and badbar, good to hear you are back at it speedy.

Off or a 7 or 8 miler now to bring up 240 for March and 70 for the week. march is not a bad total given i lost 7 days due to injury/snow.

Wondering what to go for tomorrow - a time on feet 3 hr run or a progressive 15 miler. Any thoughts?

Thinking about getting either some ds trainers or ds racers. Anyone got any experience of these? Using 11 series at mo.

Sorry so many questions

31/03/2013 at 17:54

Some stunning runs and March stats.

Given the recent 22 miler I would go for the 15 mile progressive Mennania.

Good monthly progress Birch.

A good confidence booster there Speedy - the 2 week taper may still get you to the line in excellent shape.

A speedy end to the 22 miles Badbark and a milestone monster mileage week. You're in the shape of your life and Sub 3 should be a breeze.

Sounds like an easy 20 miles Jools - have you decided on MP yet

Excellent final LSR Scooby and big mileage month - are you going to race before London?

Well done on toughing it out Moof and excellent stats for the month.

22.5 miles for me today at 8:10 m/m pace.  A bit of a struggle at times but I settled for a time on feet effort after I realised the return leg was in to the teeth of the wind.  At 20 miles, inspired by Moof I thought I would push it up to MP effort to see what pace came out.  It was a bit scary to cover the next kilometre in 3:59, although it was mainly downhill!  Sanity was restored when the next kilometre came out at 4:25 but that was in to the teeth of the wind.  All very bizzare!

73 miles for the week and 318 for the Month.  Quite pleased with the month and progress although a reality check tells me that 3:10 (or even 3:14:59) is going to be a more realistic target than a hoped for Sub 3:00.

Edited: 31/03/2013 at 17:55
31/03/2013 at 18:18
Speedy - sorry I didn't see you yesterday.

Mennania - I'm doing 20 tomorrow with 10 @ MP.
TR
31/03/2013 at 18:45

nice and controlled Minni, hold the pace at 3:15 pace even if you can go quicker, its not about seeing jhow fast you can run its about gaining confidence and seeing how 3:15 pace feels (doesnt have to be exact - a few seconds either side is fine).

31/03/2013 at 19:13

I have been AWOL this week as on nights and body clock is well and truley messed up, one more night tonight, then one off and back on for 6 nights....

Biggest ever weekly milage 68.11m
Biggest ever monthly total 277m

Not bad considering I have been on nights this week too... topped of with 20.10m which inclued 5m at MP

Now its taper time....

Edited: 31/03/2013 at 19:13
31/03/2013 at 19:47

Excellent PB yesterday Moof.  And good to follow it up today with a long one.  Finishing fast on days when the legs don't want to know will help come race day.

Impressive long runs RFJ, LB70, Scooby, Jools, Badbark & SBD .  Bodes well for M-day for all of you.

A good comeback from illness Speedy.  Just look after yourself for the next couple of days.

Mennania - I use DS Trainers for short races only as I like cushioning for longer runs.  I get on well with them as have always used other Asics models.

5 miles (3 @ 6.20m/m) for me this morning to bring up 56.5m for the week.  My third longest ever. 213 for the March and 532 YTD. Nowhere near what most are doing on here but better than where I thought I'd be at the beginning of the year.  Now to dial into MP.

31/03/2013 at 19:50

Great long runs SBD, Badbark and RFJ- lots of folk showing really good form.

Speedy I did the NT 10k today- had no idea you were there. The course runs right past my house by St Georges church (the tall spire at c3 miles)

For me it was 3 miles before and after the race, then 6 mile recovery this evening at 8:35 pace. Brings up 18 for the day and 52 for the week. 

31/03/2013 at 20:09
Mennania- I have a pair of DS racers which I've worn up to HM and they are very comfy but I will be wearing my adid.as tempos for VLM as I think they have a bit more support and heals are slightly higher. The racers are fairly low for me.
I think OO is a fan of the DS racers and has worn them for VLM.
31/03/2013 at 20:15

Indeed. Just bought a new pair and will use for VLM. They are comfy enough but somehow I preferred the old pair.

31/03/2013 at 22:31
Mennania - DS Trainers are not far off the 1170s for support / cushioning. In terms of weight mine are exactly the same to the gramme. I'm going to give the DS Racers a go, but not for VLM. Sticking with the trusty 1170s. My DS Trainers are a bit worn now after lot of tempo/intervals - they never really felt much different to me compared to 1170s
31/03/2013 at 23:31
Great PB mood, nice and quick.
Great long run Martin, work is all done now, enjoy the taper.
Some great running being done with only Agee weeks to go to VLM. Great ton mileage BB.
Did my quickest 20 miler today in 2.24.51. First 8 steady then next 19 @ 6.48 pace , followed by 2 miles @ 7.2x pace. Not sue what MP will be, but hope 7 min miles will feel bearable?
01/04/2013 at 07:05

Happy Easter everyone and happy taper to all you VLM and other types.
CL - consistent reps; hope the calves have loosened up a bit.
Jools - good MLRs.
Martin - stunning fast finish LR - you are right to be pleased with that one!
AR - great 10 mile race.
Birch - pleased to hear of your progress.
SBD - good pacing in Maidenhead and good long run.
Speedy - really hope that lurgy has gone by the time you read this. Well done on running so well in Tyneside in spite of it.
OO - nice 16 miler.
Mennania - great accidental long run with fast finish!
MS - congrats on the 10M PB.
Moof - cracking parkrun PB! Well done on out sprinting the teenager.
LB - great long run with MP finish.
Lorenzo - good parkrunning.
OO - If that parkrun was 6:09 pace, then the course is nearly 5.2k!
Minni - gladf to hear you sounding more positive.
Moof - good to get that last long run in the bag!
SD - great running to round off an excellent March.
OO - good 10k.
Badbark - great long run with a parkrun to finish and well done on reaching the ton!
KR - that's a very speedy 20 miler!
Did 6 steady miles on Saturday; had a rest on Easter Sunday. Today I decided it was time to see where I am fitness wise and did McMilllan's 10k training session - 3 x 2M @ 10k pace; my target being 6:26 m/m. Tried to hold back a bit on the first of each of the miles and run the second a bit quicker.  Very pleased with the result. 6:30/6:12, 6:29/6:16, 6:31/6:12. Back to the decorating today

01/04/2013 at 07:53

Looks like the fitness is pretty much there Gul. Well spotted, the parkrun was diverted due to a fun fair on the course so it was a bit long.

01/04/2013 at 07:56
Glad I didn't come down to the Bay on Saturday then OO!

Great session there Gul.
01/04/2013 at 08:08
Excellent 20 miler KR. With 10m at 6.48 ave you have to give sub-3 a go. You never know if you will in this form again!!

I think that session proves you lost no fitness during your recent injury Gul. Cracking well controlled session.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.