Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

26,001 to 26,020 of 38,245 messages
09/04/2013 at 09:56
Congratulations FINgers! And to Mrs F too You certainly know how to pack the action in. Mental.
09/04/2013 at 10:08
Congratulations to the whole FINger family. Sounds ever so slightly busy!

Great PB badbark - nicely rewriting the record books.

Thanks Minni forthe advice ( the mantra, plus the supporter locations)
09/04/2013 at 10:33

Not quite the traditional taper Fingers - congratulations to you and the family.  

09/04/2013 at 11:25

Well done to all FINgers. I would imagine you can look forward to race day for the break!!

09/04/2013 at 12:05
Congratulations to you and your family Fingers. A very busy few weeks for you all!

Minni- the vid made me laugh. How true, we are idiots.

My hip is still giving me problems, I think I over did it last night with the roller, stretching and glute strength exercises as I was limping this morning. It's loosened up a bit now but I'll give running a miss today.
09/04/2013 at 12:31

Huge congratulations to the FINgers family!

09/04/2013 at 13:26

Congratulations FINgers! You are going to be rather busy for the next few weeks 

09/04/2013 at 13:53

Big congratulations, FINgers! Anything to keep your mind off the marathon, eh?

09/04/2013 at 14:35

Wow FINgers - what a few days. Congratulations on all fronts.

Mrs DS2 would have been unhappy to say the least if I'd gone off to run a marathon two days after moving! Still, I'm sure she would have got over it sooner or later! Once a runner always a runner eh?

moof - be careful there. No time for heroics!

Had a sports massage this morning. I explained the tightness I felt when racing on Sunday but it seems the backs of my legs are pretty loose. However, real tightiness in outside of calves (shin area), quads and mostly the piriformis on each side (stems from an old hockey injury that sidelined me a couple of years ago for a few months). She seems to have loosened things off dramatically but suggested I miss todays run and run easy tomorrow before a track session on Thursday. i will listen to her advice!

Will no doubt feel a bit battered tomorrow!

09/04/2013 at 14:47

5 mile club GP tonight- my last blast. Oh and then there's the parkrun Saturday

09/04/2013 at 15:00

Nothing like everything coming at once Fingers!  Congratulations on the baby.

09/04/2013 at 16:35

Just had a visit from a client who is suffering from flu, the reception staff have gone down with a chest infection and I can hear several other people within airborne transmission distance coughing.   Why can't these people just stay at home ....

Edited: 09/04/2013 at 16:36
09/04/2013 at 16:46

SBD - I know what you are saying. If in the fortnight before my marathon my colleagues insist on coming in with the flu I will take the time off sick for them!!!

Selfish b*stards!

09/04/2013 at 16:49

My sister visited the other day and she came in the door complaining about feeling ill and with a hacking cough.  I opened the windows and sat as far away from her as I could.  Some people only think of themselves, eh?

09/04/2013 at 16:51

LOL SBD - I think that is the same everywhere.... and true what DS2 says

FINgers, Congratulations and hoe all goes well with the move

7.11 miles today in 50:01 - 15 mins (1.89m) 20 mins threshold (3.15m) 15 mins (2.06m) a bit windy but a great run, feeling good

My number is 5373 and starting of Blue start. Wearing all black fetch vest and fetch buff) or if going to be hot will wear Andover AC vest (Blue and white stripes) with red shorts

Edited: 09/04/2013 at 16:54
09/04/2013 at 16:54

My daughter has had the same barking cough for a week with no change. Not good.

On another note have found  a website that sells sports gels and beet it juice/shots at very competitive prices. auravita.com - have never used them before but just put my order in.

09/04/2013 at 17:19

I think half of the country has this nasty bug that I have (day 19 of coughing now). Surely you can only be contagious for so long though? If I ever find out who brought it to work in the first place I'll be invoicing them the cost of VLM, trains and accommodation!

09/04/2013 at 18:10

In the novel "I, Claudius", there is a child with a hacking cough which so annoys the Roman emperor Nero that he has the child's head cut off to shut him up.  They knew how to deal with selfish sick people in them days.

Is someone putting a list together? I'm green start 29616 and I unless I chicken out will be a Spice Girl.  MrsP is not impressed 

09/04/2013 at 18:21

FINgers Congratulations. At least you won't be bored

7 miles this morning, ditched the strides as soon as I started. Left glute very tight. Had a sports massage this afternoon, physio didn't seem overly stressed, nothing damaged, just tight at top of hamstring. I have been given yet more stretches. Foam roller arrived today.

4 miles recovery tomorrow.

09/04/2013 at 18:22

Poach Spice?   You're not wearing platforms too are you? 

When I told my daughter Margaret Thatcher had died she said, 'yes, she was beheaded'.    Turns out she thought she was one the wives of Henry VIII. 

Where is that list....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.