Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

26,041 to 26,060 of 35,757 messages
08/04/2013 at 17:57

Shame I missed you at Blyth Fraser. Nothing serious I hope.

Ant, I agree don't try to make up all you lose this weekend.

Rest day for me

08/04/2013 at 18:17

Fraser, for some reason I can't seem to PM you on here (it keeps saying I haven't entered a message - must be the same issue as the weird tiny font), but yes please! That would be brilliant. Are you on FB or Fetch?

Edited: 08/04/2013 at 18:20
08/04/2013 at 19:08
Speedy. You're welcome I'll try PMing you. Not on Fetch and I'm not nearly cool enough fr FB
08/04/2013 at 19:22

I received your message, but can't reply! Could you PM me your email address?

08/04/2013 at 19:59
Speedy. Got your email. Just tried to email you back but got a delivery notification failure. Not our day for tecchie shenanigans. Hopefully the PMing will get going soon. Anyway the bed is yours !
08/04/2013 at 20:46

Frazer Hope it is nothing serious.

Another physio today, more exercises. Just bought myself a foam roller for the shoulder. I am sure I will be able to use it for other body parts. I may need acupunture next week if shoulder no better.

I have 7 miles recovery and sports massage tomorrow.

08/04/2013 at 22:05

Fraser - I'm not running Edinburgh but can I come and sleep in the bed that RJ slept in...

Badbark - well done!  I love your post - so positive and upbeat. 

Ant - why do the patches have to be on so long?  My daughter has allergies (epipen and been blue lighted more than once etc) but never had to keep things on for days like that.  Perhaps you should have told them, I am a marathon runner therefore I must run.

AR - My family use Shadwell station and go to the 13.5 mile point then once they see me go through they use the underpass to the 22 mile mark. 

Mennania - great stuff.

Fraser - hope the hammy is ok.

OO - Yes I know Jo.  She has always been better at longer distance but decided to work on her shorter distances and was aiming for a sub 40 mins!    I think I need to team up with her for some speed sessions.

08/04/2013 at 22:41

Minni, that's helped with the decision, "I am a marathon runner runner and I must run", hilarious, definitely going to turn up in London. Only done 1 LR but we will see what happens. Full steam ahead.

08/04/2013 at 22:49

Great news Poacher.  Run with me!

08/04/2013 at 23:04

Ha, technology hates us! No idea why you'd get a delivery failure Fraser, I have hardly anything in my inbox and folders. Less than 10% in fact. I will email you some other email addresses.

08/04/2013 at 23:06

Might well do that Minni, obviously lacking endurance due to not training so may only last 16m or so. On the plus side I have a very s*xy fancy dress  so we could at least get a laugh before I collapse in the gutter.**

(** not as sexy as Jase, obviously)

08/04/2013 at 23:10

Love it Minni! So true, but even faced with the harshness of the mirror of truth..... I'll just crack on as normal
08/04/2013 at 23:15

Fraser, you'd better let your missus know about all these ladies coming to stop in your spare bed....

Jo ran very even paced Minni, we were 10 meters apart the whole race. Not surprised to hear he's from a distance background.

Aparaently I get a prize for 3rd Vet 50- surprising in a

09/04/2013 at 06:01

"If I do not run, I will get fat and I will lose all my fitness." My thoughts exactly - thanks for that, Minni!

The patches themselves only stay on till tomorrow morning, but I can't get the area wet until Friday.

09/04/2013 at 06:44

GM - that's good going for a 4 year old! My daughters roped me and my wife into doing sprints in the garden on Sunday afternoon - all of 10m. Then we had an "endurance" race to see who could run for the longest - there was a 15min time limit! Older daughter and wife did about 3 mins and I stopped at 14:55 to let the other daughter win.
Birch - good to hear you're still plodding on. Hope the calf is OK.
Badbark - congrats on a massive PB - that is quite an amazing 10k time.
SD / Ant - looks like I still need to learn 10k pacing!
Ant - agree that there's no point trying to "catch up" missed sessions.
SD - hope that pesky shoulder gets sorted out very soon.
8 slow miles this morning.

09/04/2013 at 08:10
Poacher - good news. Is the dress even sexier than your last outfit?! Looking forward to catching up with you again.

Badbark - cracking performance. No wonder you're chuffed.

Scoobs - hope everything's OK with your shoulder.

Up in Durham at the moment, so went for a pleasant 6 miles in the morning sunshine. Hull tonight so any suggestions of runs very welcome.

How's the latest list coming on at the moment? Everyone seems very modest!
09/04/2013 at 08:17

RJ's sheets are still on there unwashed ladies. Form an orderly queue

09/04/2013 at 09:13

Morning all!

Well, what a busy week I've just had.......

BabyBoy FINgers was born last wednesday weighing in at a full 10Lbs! Mother and baby doing great and myself and his big sister are made up. He arrived in a bit of a rush in the end - with only 40 minutes or so after getting to the hospital! And very proud of Mrs FINgers to manage to do the whole thing without pain relief (not by choice I might add, more through it being so far along that it was too late even for the gas!).

And then the next day we exchanged on our house! Baby not even a day old and we had a familly trip to the solicitors!

The only drawback is that the only day we can complete and actually move is Friday the 19th of April..... The astute among you will realise that means a complicated weekend of house move and hotel stays before the VLM on the Sunday!

Nothing like a challenge.

I can't stop and sorry for not hanging around and doing a full read back but I have removals men coming round!

Still managing to get a little running in - luckily we're into taper time - and I suppose the advantage is that I don't have time for taper madness to set in.

And finally, I'm still hoping to get on the 3:10 train and share the driving. I think that this may call for a list....

Happy days y'all.

09/04/2013 at 09:20
Congrats Fingers! But you must get the priorities right - "you are a marathon runner and you must run"
Edited: 09/04/2013 at 09:20
09/04/2013 at 09:25
Poacher wrote (see)
Congrats Fingers! But you must get the priorities right - "you are a marathon runner and you must run"

Indeed - I managed 40 miles of the 48 planned last week so I'm not doing too bad

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.