Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

26,361 to 26,380 of 37,882 messages
18/04/2013 at 18:30
+nice one Joolska, good decision if you feel up to it
18/04/2013 at 18:45

OO I fell hurt my shin in a fall a week past Sunday.  It was just getting back to normal when I fell on it again last Saturday.  It was still quite painful last night.  Been for a slow run tonight and it feels better but the rest of me feels shite!  I don't feel as if I can run a marathon on Sunday.  Where's all that confidence gone.

18/04/2013 at 18:46

My number is 29044. Not whatever I had on the list.

What pen is everyone in?

Expo tomorrow for me.

18/04/2013 at 19:59

Oh dear Minni- you'd better stop falling over. I hope it eases with a few days to go.

8 miles for me tonight in 7:45 pace. So that's me done and dusted. Now it's all in the lap of the gods....

18/04/2013 at 20:20

Getting excited now.... 32 mile blast on the road bike today and last run tomorrow prob about 6 mile with a few around MP although i might just go off H/R.

Not looking forward to farting about with the expo on Saturday, just want my number then have a few beers or 6? lol

Feeling fit as a fiddle....lets get ready to rumble

JD3
18/04/2013 at 20:21

Hello everyone, 

I know I've not been posting lately- but have been lurking intermitantly. I just wanted to say that I hope that all of you at London have a good run this weekend.

JD3
18/04/2013 at 20:23

Expo tomorrow for me too, after a 14 mile MLR and some free fish and chips from BHS. 

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 20:24
18/04/2013 at 20:53

Great news Jools.  You have to go for it!!

I'm struggling with carb-loading today.  100g of porridge with jam for brekkie, 2 x cereal bars, 2 x bananas, 2 x bagels (with turkey and cheese) and half a malt loaf.  All washed down with a litre of cherry juice (like to be different) and 2 x sports drinks.  Oh... and a large bowl of pasta and fish tonight.  Stuffed!!

Scooby, Moof, I'll look out for you both at the middle baggage truck.  You might spot me easier then as from what I remember not many in fancy dress.

Pace is going to feel strange at this stage as we are all reading too much into the numbers.  We have all put the miles in over the last few months, we all know what we are capable of.  Now is the time to have confidence and believe that YOU ARE A MARATHON RUNNER AND YOU CAN DO IT

18/04/2013 at 21:02
CC2 - Speedy Goth wrote (see)

some free fish and chips from BHS.

I'm not even going to ask.

Hurrah, Jools! Go, girl!

Minni - ((())) Come on! You are the (wo)man! 

Carbloader - Are you sure 6M with some @ MP two days out is a good idea? You won't find that in any of the textbooks, I don't think.

Martin - Yum.

I now realise my plan for this week was a bit ambitious and hat there is very Little, if anything, to be gained from bashing out some 10k reps tomorrow. However, I may do some HMP stuff to get the legs turning over - if I feel like it.

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 21:03
18/04/2013 at 21:24
18/04/2013 at 21:28

I'm surprised you are all forcing down so much food, I'm eating a bit more but not much.

Also wonderd about the Expo Speedy- are you going for a look see or are you actually getting your number? Maybe you could do a Mo Farah and run half....

18/04/2013 at 21:30

I'll be at the expo tomorrow afternoon so might see one or two of you there?

18/04/2013 at 21:36
Hi folks,
just popping in to wish everyone running VLM the very best of luck and don't be sh*te.
Not been on here much lately but have lurked a few times and have been very impressed with the steady improvement of this thread.
To say I am a bit gutted in not running London this year, is a major understatement, but will look forward to next year all the more.

Take care all and most of all enjoy...
18/04/2013 at 21:41

Thanks for the supportive messages from the lurkers, we've all been there and know that missing out feeling. Your time will come.....

Cut my toe nails tonight- that was exciting 

18/04/2013 at 21:45

Good to hear from you EFC and JD3. Any plans for an Autumn marathon.

I'm going to do 3 or 4 very slow miles tomorrow then leave it till Sunday.

Martin - which bit are you struggling with. I thought that was the menu when you posted, not what you ate.

What do people do for carb loading. I'm roughly eating 8 - 10g  of carbs per Kg of body weight. Not sure where that came from, but its not much more than a normal day (my normal diet is probably unbalanced).

Carbloader "Feeling fit as a fiddle....lets get ready to rumble" - I'm liking the fighting talk

18/04/2013 at 21:55

oh yeah, forgot about that one.

Cut toe nails.

Delete Garmin history.

Turn off Auto lap.

Get hair cut.

wash kit.

Find gel belt.

Check train times.

Eat lots.

Anything else?

18/04/2013 at 22:07

Good luck to all the VLM'ers.
AVIT, Nads, Kitchen sink etc etc  
Enjoy your mini-hol, Speedy - a supporter's eye report would be good as an addition to the racers' reports which I'm already looking forward to reading!

18/04/2013 at 22:11

Hi EFC and JD3 and Birch thanks for the words of encouragement.

I went to the Expo this afternoon, splashed out on a new pair of shades (sunwise). My old pair lasted for three years and are pretty decent for under 30 quid. Good for the bike as well as for running.

I said hello to Dan A from over on the sub 3 thread as he's a sub 3 pacer and I may need to hang on to the back of his train but hopefully I'll be in front, running with perfect Gazelle like effortless form rather than the usual blowing out of me arse! (which still aches btw, have I mentioned that?)

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 22:13
18/04/2013 at 22:15

It was quite breezy in London today, with a couple of heumungus hail/rain storms in the afternoon. Could do without this on Sunday.  Disappointing lack of free beer in the goody bag too 

Col has reminded us of the most important mantra - "don't be sh*te" sums up what we  need to do, so let's try to do it.

18/04/2013 at 22:26

Speedy - Porridge on Sunday but rice works better for the carbloading as you get more grammes of carbohydrate for a similar volume.

Jools - you know it makes sense ...

Scooby - will be at the middle bagagge lorry

Moof - you could add vaseline, suncream and pace band ...

AR - I aim for 9g per kg, so 740g today.  I definately wouldn't go for more!

A trip to Wales for me tomorrow evening and back on Saturday evening - not ideal timing but should be able to work around it.  Plan to take the rice cooker with me

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 22:28
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.