Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

26,961 to 26,980 of 38,667 messages
04/05/2013 at 11:00

Feeling very confident for Gul for this weekend.

Go easy AR - remember your body is still in recvoery mode.

FINgers wrote (see)

Lorenzo - I went and asked some of my fans who were out on the course... I'm sur you heard their cheers?! 

For anyone with an inferiority complex, my strong advice is never to run a big city marathon with FINgers. I've certainly never had my name called out as many times as his was (mainly by the female contingent in the crowd) a couple of weeks ago, and that was without him even taking his top off!!! I'd even grown some stubble to try and compete with his chiselled looks put clearly fell a long way short.

Suspect I'll be able to report a shiny PB from this morning's parkrun when the results come out. My previous best was 19:09 and I stopped my watch at a rather agonising 19:00.38 so will be interesting to see what the final score on the door is.

04/05/2013 at 14:26

Hi All, have been lurking past week or so and taking it fairly easy on the running front. Done about 4 runs since London, 10k being the longest at 7:40 pace except for a swift 3 miler last night. Hadn't intended to try a fast one but the 1st mile was 6:21 and decided that was a bit too fast, did the next two miles at 7:20 average and that felt very comfortable. Legs seem to be fine and will do another 10k tomorrow. Opting out of a 10 mile race tomorrow as the course is a mix of road/cliff path and trail and didn't enjoy it last year although the conditions were soggy to say the least. Did it last year in 65 mins so don't think I would get near that sort of time at the mo. Am being patient in terms of recovery and enjoying just being able to run whenever I feel like it.

Brilliant report FINgers, how you can remember each mile is beyond me and a testament to your mental focus and a well deserved PB! I also feel that I didn't do enough 20 milers and that will be my focus for the Jersey marathon in October. Awaiting the Summer race fixtures here but will be aiming to get my 5k and 10k times down. Sub 19 and sub 40 will be the target.

Lorenzo - sounds like you ran a blinder in your 5k. Would be sweet if you went under the 19 mins but a new PB by the sound of it.

What race is Gul doing this weekend?

Speedy - Sounds like you are running really well!

04/05/2013 at 14:45

Nice one Lorenzo. Lets hope they don't add the usual second on. 

Goof luck tomorrow Gul. Go smash it! 

Not much to report here. Ran Thursday night and my calf was a little sore so taken two days off. 

Been asked to go and recce a possible new parkrun tomorrow.  Closer to me than Newcastle but still not close enough to be convenient.  

04/05/2013 at 15:01

Lorenzo congratulations on a new PB.

Gul Good luck tomorrow

5 miles recovery today. I had forgotten how much I dislike tourists. Very warm and no breeze here. Planning a long 8 miler tomorrow.

04/05/2013 at 18:36

Official time of 19:01 - sub-19 is literally just round the corner...

... and the mighty Maidstone Utd secured promotion today to the Ryman League Premier Division...

... and I'm just about to make a super-duper paella!

Happy days 

ssc
04/05/2013 at 19:33
Minni wrote (see)

Fingers - great report! I can never remember mile for mile. 

Ssc - I followed P&d up to 55 in 2011. I did 3 x 20m plus a few 18s and ran 3:28.  In 2012  I did about the same mileage but ran 9 x 20m or more and finished in 3:20.  Later in 2012, off a similar mileage, I ran 2 x 20m and finished in 3:25. Then in 2013 I ran a slightly higher mileage plus 9 x 20 or more miles and finished in 3:15. 

Thanks Minni. Does this mean that you followed the plann and simply added an extra few miles onto the long runs of the 17-18 range or did you run long and drop some of the others during the week?

04/05/2013 at 19:44

FINgers - epic report - well done!
Speedy - pleased to hear the form is coming back - should peak just in time for Edinburgh!
AR - good luck in MK on Monday.
OO - hope you can grab that 1st place on the podium tomorrow.
GM - 10k tomorrow (Grand East Anglia Run in King's Lynn).
Lorenzo - fantastic parkrun! Sub 19 next time for sure.
Thanks for all the best wishes, folks. I've just had a nice relaxing bath (don't worry, no pics!), reading some Zola. Great way to unwind. Feeling totally relaxed and ready for tomorrow. Bring it on!

04/05/2013 at 19:50

Great report, FIN
Make them have it, Gul  . . . . .approve of the literature; unwinding here (although no racing planned) is Sauvignon Blanc whilst enjoying Mr Cave & the Bad Seeds  . . . .
btw, AR, I'm at MK on Monday (supporting, not running) . . . .

Edited: 04/05/2013 at 19:52
04/05/2013 at 19:53
Gul Darr wrote (see)

reading some Zola

Which Zola? Émile, Budd, or Gianfranco?

Edited: 04/05/2013 at 19:53
04/05/2013 at 20:01

Budd, Gianfranco or Emile? Good luck tomorrow Gul!

Nice one Lorenzo 

Super reporting FINgers. Felt like I was there!

smash it at MK AR.

new trainers, shorts and socks purchased today, followed by 70mile bike ride.

04/05/2013 at 20:01

Damn you for being faster at posting PMJ!

04/05/2013 at 20:03

But you have an excellent sense of humour 

04/05/2013 at 20:24

Gul - Emile or Gianfranco?! Any time predictions for tomorrow?

04/05/2013 at 20:26

Bother. Far, far too slow!

04/05/2013 at 20:29

Seems we are all a bit predictable.

any recommendations for a good value, quality treadmill capable of handling interval work?

04/05/2013 at 20:49

Keswick here we come. See you Monday folks.

04/05/2013 at 20:52
SlokeyJoe wrote (see)

But you have an excellent sense of humour 

Yours is most excellent as well

04/05/2013 at 20:56

Gul - One of my favourite authors - which one are you reading?

Blisters    pirate
04/05/2013 at 21:41

Slokey, what's up with the great outdoors?

I only use dreadmills when in a hotel, or if they have a deal with the local health club. It's never more than £3 a night. Call me cheap (go on...) but there's a lot of £3-00s in the cost of a dreadmill.

Training for me today? Nowt. Busy painting. Previously I've needed to go out for a run to clear the solvents from my head, but all the paints seem to be water based this time. I reckon that it's coffee and bed!

04/05/2013 at 23:02

Blisters, i too am an outdoor lover (sounds like I'm into some weird stuff when I read that back!) however, Wifey wants one for her rehab so thought I might as well get one that I can occasionally use as well. 

Edited: 04/05/2013 at 23:02
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.