Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

28,181 to 28,200 of 37,391 messages
24/06/2013 at 14:07

Surely a waste (deliberate mis-spelling pun for Jools) of a lunch hour Bike it. Here's how you could gain 53 minutes for your sandwich eating:

Edited: 24/06/2013 at 14:07
24/06/2013 at 14:09

That's me told

24/06/2013 at 14:50

Suely your run should have finished pre 3.15 Gul - or did it and I misread your post ? If not  I suggest you man up, start running at midnight or simply dispense with the tomfoolery that is a bed and sleeping, and show us what your made of

24/06/2013 at 15:03

7 minutes abs has got o be like doing a 3mi recovery run. 'Total abs' is 30 minutes long so I have the remaining 30 minutes of my lunchhour to get up off the floor and crawl back to my office in the lunch hour.  I think there is a 60 minutes 'Ultra abs' that they run at the waiting room of A&E so that medical help is on-hand.

I have the feeling that I'm not going to plateau any time soon on this one...

24/06/2013 at 16:43

Full credit Bike it - 7 min abs would suit me at the moment. Got out for a comfy 30 min jog yesterday so intend to start a HM plan today (Runners world one) taking me through to Lake Vyrnwy in September - Will still try to up the speedier stuff and improve on the 5 and 10k but everything starts to creak if I go beyond one speed session a week, which maywell have to be a parkrun.

Some nice long runs yesterday from AR and OO. Welcome back Minni. I am still nearly 70 miles short of 1000 after reaching 750 at VLM.

24/06/2013 at 16:49

Welcome back to the land of the running Minni 

Are you going to post before and after Abs pictures Bike it?

As of 7am - 1411 miles for me so far in 2013. 

24/06/2013 at 20:51

At the risk of sounding impatient and reactionary, I think it's a bit shoddy that there's still no GFA application link up on their page.

My abs are coming on nicely, thank you. I just hope that one day the fat will recede sufficiently for them to be visible. Anyway, thanks www.hundredpushups.com

Edited: 24/06/2013 at 20:58
24/06/2013 at 20:56

Gul - I'm kind of making it up too. Track on Tuesdays, grass reps on Thursdays, LSR at the weekend plus fillers. I'm concerned about the lack of tempo running, but maybe I can fit some in after the track season finishes.

Minni - yay, so pleased to hear you're back

24/06/2013 at 21:16
Keir wrote (see)

Are you going to post before and after Abs pictures Bike it?

Err, do I have to hold up an newspaper?

24/06/2013 at 21:18
!5 Miles for me tonight which was a hard, hard slog so I'm in no rush to sign up for VLM (but of course I will) and I'm glad its 10 months away, but Abingdon seems only around the corner. I couldn't get out yesterday for my 'long' run as I had to fit a new bog and basin, Oh deep joy...my wife tells me I swear too much!!

I'd better make a plan for Abo, if I ever get fixed. Glute and hip are ok now but my right Achilles is giving me grief (I'm currently resting it on a bag of peas).

Running miles for the year is about 1150 but this was very light in may/ june. Bike miles about 900 in the last 3 months and I'm wondering if ramping up the miles on the bike has aggravated my right Achilles

And just to finish off a great week, my bike has broke and has been sent back to the manufacture for assessment, lets hope I get a nice new shiny frame.
24/06/2013 at 21:20
And hope everyone is well and glad to see Minni is back on the mend, How's the foot coming along Ant?
24/06/2013 at 21:22
Oh and Gul you crazy cat, 3.15 indeed. You're mad man,...mad!
24/06/2013 at 21:23

Great to see Minni back in action - really pleased that it's all sorted out.

Glad you enjoyed the North Downs 30K Keir - I still think it's one of the most enjoyable races I've ever done.

Only 800 miles running for me so far this year, but I do have 550 on the bike to add to that.

Hilly 10 miles yesterday then joined younger Lorenzito for his athletics training session. Much to his joy, I couldn't keep up with him on the 800m loops although I did regain some pride on the shorter stuff. Not that we're competitive or anything.

4 miles incl 5 x hill sprints for me this morning.

Pushed the boat out and bought a pair of Wave Mushas today - if I don't take at least 2 mins off my 5K PB and 5 mins off my 10K PB, I'm returning them as faulty. 

24/06/2013 at 22:54

Moof - The foot is there but runnable-on, so it's business as usual round here. The words ostrich/head/sand spring to mind, but for the moment I'm getting on with it.

Curiously my twin brother went down to Dartmoor to do a cycle sportive at the weekend but before he did he took his Cannondale in for a check-up, only to be told the frame had a terminal crack in it. The lifetime guarantee means a spanking new frame (latest model) will soon come flying through his letter-box (figuratiively speaking). So that's now two of you going on about clouds and silver linings!

He had to do the sportive on a borrowed bike in howling winds and lashing rain. Fun.

25/06/2013 at 06:51

Minni - great to hear things are looking up. Nice trail HM.
JD3 - good MP.
SJ - that's an awful lot of training hours.
GM - god running.
Frazerelli - good point. Next year I'll start at midnight, run a marathon in training and finish before 3:15 am. Maybe.
Bike It - 7 secs would do for me.
Mennania - Good luck with the HM training - I've another 4 to 5 weeks before I start the speed phase of mine.
Keir - nice mileage.
Speedy - I'll be focusing on tempo later in my schedule. Looking forward to the speed work in August.
Moof - hope you get the new frame.
Lorenzo - good combination of running and cycling miles.
Another very slow 8 miles done this morning.

25/06/2013 at 07:02

Thanks for the nice words. It's sooooo good to be back!

ant - you could've sent your twin bother to Chandos last April in your absence.  

25/06/2013 at 07:05

Keir - 7 minute Abs, now there's an idea! 

25/06/2013 at 07:06

Minni - Yes, I thought of that, but when it was too late. It could have been very confusing for you lot - and for him!

25/06/2013 at 10:47
25/06/2013 at 12:13

Good spot Bike It - will sort this out later.

Deadline of 8 July folks!!!

Biked into work - the tranquility of Richmond Park followed by the usual madness going over Putney Bridge and along the Kings Road!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.