Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

28,241 to 28,260 of 38,697 messages
28/06/2013 at 18:15
Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)

Rob, are those Assembly races open or closed to just a collectionof clubs?

PMJ, they're open to most clubs in east and south-east London. There isn't a main website, but there are more details here http://www.serpentine.org.uk/pages/race_assembly.html

It's a very good standard and I tend to get much quicker times in those races than most others.

Edited: 28/06/2013 at 18:18
28/06/2013 at 19:59

PMJ - 'Nuff respect to your daughter, you must be rightly proud.

Gerard - As I'm spending the month of July in Southport, Lancashire (actually it's part of Maaiirseyside now) I'm doing the Southport HM on 7th July and the Lytham HM a week later, with Fraser and Mennania. Nothing special expected from me although I do seem to be slowly getting into some sort of form, so hoping at least for a season's best of sub 1:28:5x.

28/06/2013 at 21:33

Excellent PMJ! Congratulations to her and you

Edited: 28/06/2013 at 21:33
28/06/2013 at 22:28

Congrats to your daughter PMJ

I'm off to Keswick in the morning- expecting rain....nice w/end running to all.

Blisters    pirate
28/06/2013 at 23:00

PMJ: cock to all this running lark, they don't dish out firsts from Cambridge because you've collected the attendance tokens. That's absolutely brilliant. The elite of the elite.

Then again, I have this suspicion that you're a light blue yourself. I'm red brick, but wife and little bro are dark blue.

29/06/2013 at 13:29
http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/76130/gallery/p1020743.jpg?width=350

45C in the (non existent) shade today, might not go outside for a run. Hope you're all enjoying cool weather. Off to brave the treadmill-in-the-sauna thing now 

Congrats to PMJette, you must be a proud dad. Perhaps she could sign up for a PhD and live off the Bank of Mum and Dad for a few more years...

Edited: 29/06/2013 at 13:31
29/06/2013 at 13:51

Congratulations to PMJ and family!

29/06/2013 at 14:00

Bike is back from the shop today - new race tyres, new bottom bracket bearings and lubed up to within an inch of its life. Taper twitchiness has taken hold. Must start accumulating my race day snacks into a giant sack....

2hr ride planned for this afternoon (including bottle exchange practice with SJjrs) followed by 30min run. 

29/06/2013 at 16:49

Congrats to young PMJ - what's the next step for her now?

Hope you're enjoying the ride this afternoon SJ and having more luck than the boys in Corsica.

Poacher - looks lovely out there. Don't know what you're waiting for you lightweight!

Parkrun for me this morning with the new Mushas getting their first run out. They felt as light as a feather and I decided to follow PMJ's advice of going out fast and trying to hold on. First K in 3:37 (whoops) and the rest were all safely in the 3:5x zone so ended up with 6th place and a final time of 19:09.

It's not quite a PB but as the course was a tad more undulating than the course I set the PB on, I'm happy with that.

Re-ranking the results based on age grade, I came third, so I'm treating it as a sort of podium finish! 

29/06/2013 at 16:57

PMJ -  congrats to daughter #2!
Lorenzo - great parkrun and virtual podium place!
PB at parkrun today for me - official result was 19:05. 1st mile-ish lap in 5:55 - so much for reigning it in! Didn't fade too much over 2nd lap - 6:09. Lost 2 places in the 3rd lap - 6:18. But managed to rally to do the last bit in 0:40. Not feeling 100% so really chuffed with the result. 7th place and 1st VM45-49

29/06/2013 at 17:34

Nice parkrunning fellas!

29/06/2013 at 19:24

That's brilliant Gul well done! 

And you too lozza. 

Bike it - thanks for your Comrades link. Really enjoyed it.  I want to pick your brains a bit more but I'll do it on the comrades thread.

So another successful week almost over. Getting right back into it and feeling good. Did a bit of a brick today with 7 @ 7:36, 14.5 on the bike then 3.5 slow (with Mr Minni - seriously we're talking 11 m/m!!). 14 planned for the morning. 

29/06/2013 at 20:34

Woo hoo, super parkruns, that bit of speed will pay off big time when you go up to "proper" distances later in the year

Dreadmill double today, 10k AM then 8k PM, absolute purgatory, literally dripping as if in a rainstorm due to humidity.

29/06/2013 at 20:57

Some top notch park running. Horrible but mercifully short Aren't they

Good to see you're getting in the groove again Minni

Rubbish attempt at an MP session from me today. One of thiose days the legs just wouldn't play nicely. Oh well - move on

Looking forward to catching up with Ant and Mennania in a couple of weeks

Week off next week - huzzah!!

29/06/2013 at 21:02

Are you here for your week off Fraser?  There's a 20m fell race on Saturday if you fancy it? 

I'm off up to the West of Scotland next week for a week of mountaineering, climbing, abseiling, kayaking, gorge walking etc. Should be fun.  Ah yes apart from the 68 kids I'm going with. 

29/06/2013 at 21:33

68 kids?  Is that some kind of punishment?

29/06/2013 at 21:39

Well done, Gul.

Cotswold Way Relay for me today.  Female stage win in 1.35 for the 12 miles (course record is 1.28).  Think I could probably have pushed a bit more on the ascents, but didn't want to blow up in the heat (3pm start...).  We were 2nd team, but hopefully by more than a few minutes, or I'll be kicking myself!

29/06/2013 at 22:12

Congrats to PMJ junior, I had a proud Dad moment myself yesterday when my son came first in all three of his year two sports day races, he is a right little speed merchant. My wife did give me  an elbow in the ribs for my over enthusiastic celebration.

Nice park running from Gul and Lorenzo.

Well done Jools.

Got my bike back yesterday all fixed but unfortunately no new frame, took it for a spin this morning and managed 82 miles, I'll get in a decent long run tomorrow morning, maybe about 17 miles.

Lorenzo- I rode the short route of the Newbury magnificat as the first part of my ride this morning. Make sure you bring a couple of spare inner tubes as some of  roads aren't up to much, a lot of the single track country lanes are pretty dirty and there is a 3 mile stretch between Whitchurch and Kingsclere which has just had the surface re-layed (as in a load of loose stones sprayed over the road)

Blisters    pirate
29/06/2013 at 23:02

Well done Jools, I did wonder when that race was due, clearly I've missed it! Brilliant result BTW, you should be justifiably proud. Which was your leg?

Moof, you are incorrigible. Or encouragable. However you think it should be spelled. Not spelt, that's a kind of flour. 

29/06/2013 at 23:11

Good advice Mennania - cheers. Impressive distance today.

Great running Gul - 18:xx beckons before long I reckon.

Good luck next week Minni - which part of the west coast will you be on?

Hats off to Jools.

Poacher - was there a big queue to go on the dreadmill after you?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.