Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

28,521 to 28,540 of 37,208 messages
13/07/2013 at 08:10
Great photos Slokey, is that a tcr you're on? I have one in black.

Lorenzo- are you still riding the Newbury magnificat tomorrow? I'm meeting up with a couple of work colleagues at about 7ish for approx 7.15-7.30 start. If you fancy some company let me know as it would be great to meet up.
13/07/2013 at 08:34

Love the cheeky off the shoulder wetsuit look SJ. 

Looking forward to reading the report of: 'When Ant met AR'.

Good mileage Gul. You're building up nicely.

I have a Giant as well Moof. Great value bikes. 

Loving the Tour this year. There have been very few boring Tours (since Indurain retired) but I can't remember one being quite so good by this stage.

13/07/2013 at 09:29

Nice figures for the week Gul, unlucky on the 10k GM.

Off to sunny Lytham presently - Are you going to be wearing a carnation Frazer? Or just let me know your bib number maybe and I will catch up with you tomorrow!

Good luck to all runners and racers this weekend.

Edited: 13/07/2013 at 09:29
13/07/2013 at 09:52

Great photos SJ

Agree with you re the tour Keir - no shortage of incidents and intrigue.

Moof - yes, I'm still on for tomorrow. Was going to drop you a line, but you got there first. I was aiming to get there for 7.15 (which means leaving the house at 6.00!) and then get away at 7.30ish but I'll see if I can get there a bit earlier as it would be great to have some company. Message me with your mobile number and I'll let you know how I'm getting on. I'll be in an orange Euskadi Euskatel top and cycling glasses that look like lab specs until they react to the sun (cue plenty of jokes at home). Looks like it'll be a warm one, but I prefer cycling to running in weather like this.

30 mins out on the bike this morning just to check that everything was in order. Managed a couple of short runs while up in Scotland. 6 miles down to the beach and back in Aberdeen and then a blast over the Tay Bridge and back the the following day. Always fun to run in new places.

Good luck to those out there this weekend.

TR
13/07/2013 at 10:39

great photos SJ, you looked the part, except for the run one when you looked like a runner doing a tri. Your swim time was very good for a novice, you could gain 5mins in a year easily. It takes a few years to build some bike legs too, so you could knock lots of time there too if you commit to cycling year round. I dont see why you couldnt gain 30min to 45 mins if you did the Outlaw again in 2014, if you train swim/bike/run year round. depends upon your goals and hopes really and if you want to run the best stand alone marathons that you could.

13/07/2013 at 11:17

Ah, the smell of spam on a sunny Saturday morning!

15M around parkrun marshalling duties for me this morning.

13/07/2013 at 11:52

1 fake Bolivian passport later....

Blisters    pirate
13/07/2013 at 14:04

Spam free here.

67 miles biked, over the Severn Bridge. I thought I was the dog with 2 tails, until this geezer breezed past me and nonchalantly mentioned that he was going from Cardiff to London. That's 150 miles as the carbon crow flies.

13/07/2013 at 16:51

Hurrah, spam disappeared - glad Keir saw it, too, so that my post doesn't appear totally mad!  

150M, even on the bike, is a fair old way.  Especially in this heat...

13/07/2013 at 19:53

Well spotted Moof! TCR is the ride of choice. 

Good luck to all of the racers tomorrow! Give it some beans!!

13/07/2013 at 19:57

I've persuaded the Mrs that Ecotrail de Paris is a good idea in March!!!! Yay. Flights being booked tomorrow 

13/07/2013 at 20:16

Keir/Jools. Had vaguely wondered what you two were on about there....

impressive miles from Blisters and the anonymous show off

menna. Haven't got a number yet. Will be in turquoise vest,  black shorts, shades and yellow trainers if that helps. Hopefully that helps. Do you ave any distinguishing features? Warm but not too hideous here just now 

quick work SJ. Did you use all your seductive powers of persuasion - put the  Barry White on, dim the lights and whisper sweet nothings ? 

TR.Not sure if that was a compliment or an insult that SJ looked like a runner doing a tri...

13/07/2013 at 20:42

I took it as a compliment! 

My seduction powers have indeed been applied for my evil purposes.... Bwahahaha!

13/07/2013 at 21:03

Ah, that brings back memories Blisters. Cold January Sunday mornings, grovelling on the back of the group over the lumps around Lydney, phlem landing in my face from the faster riders, just about holding on with the cross winds over the bridge, blowing up seeing stars and gobbling Mars bars and Coke at Thornbury, just about getting back to Gloucester on my knees!

When older I used to extend the ride to go via Ross, down the Wye valley and when over the bridge come back via Chipping Sodbury and Nailsworth. 

TR
13/07/2013 at 21:05

Keir - just that Sj had his running kit over his Tri-shorts, Give him 2 years and he'll have calf guards, Newtons, a tri top, visor and a fuel belt instead to go with his Tri shorts. 

13/07/2013 at 21:40

You're mixing me and Fraser up TR. I'm the one that looks like a 1 yr old, Fraser is the one that looks like a dog. 

TR
13/07/2013 at 21:46

Keir - oops, sorry.I bet you're getting nice and fit again now ? keep a lid on it, the most important thing about the days training is still being able to back it up the next day, and the next day.

13/07/2013 at 23:49

SJ - nice pics. I still need to read your report.  Don't want to skim it so will put a couple of hours aside tomorrow. 

OO - will see you at some point tomorrow. I've just been on the coast and it's cooler and damp at the moment.  Lets hope that lasts till tomorrow.... 

14/07/2013 at 09:33

Up at 6 am, read the first part of SJ's report, 13 miles along the Thames on a glorious summer morning, back home, pot of tea, almond croissant and part two now done and dusted. Great report SJ, if I ever mention doing a triathlon just kick me in the soft parts repeatedly until I concede it is a bad idea. For me pre-marathon preparation is lying down in the changing tent out of the sun and conserving energy, not swimming the channel and riding a stage of the Tour de France (Ventoux this afternoon, need to make space in the cleaning and gardening schedule).

Edited: 14/07/2013 at 09:33
14/07/2013 at 11:42

Morning all. It's been a light week for me as I have been nursing my heel niggle. I'm fairly convinced it's just bone bruising and nothing more serious, since it now only hurts when I have shoes (or trainers) on. So I'm just ignoring it. 10 miles on the treadmill on Friday (I wanted the option to get off if it was painful) and 17.5 miles yesterday morning (was meant to be 16 but we miscalculated). I did do some x-training on Thursday as well and it's only early days in the schedule, so I'm not too worried about the lost miles. 

This Wednesday is the next installment in the Notts Summer League. Currently I am top of the individual table on 6 points, and Literatin is clipping at my heels on 8 points. Dangerously close behind us is Jo from Notts AC on 11 points. She has improved mightily since race 1 (when she was ill) and beat me over 3000m last weekend. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.