Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

29,001 to 29,020 of 38,231 messages
15/08/2013 at 20:54

Yeah, the magic sticker failed to work. 

15/08/2013 at 21:27

I think I have finally identified the injury - Tibialis anterior tendonitis. Pain underneath the trans-crural ligament where it crosses over the tibialis anterior tendon. Anyone know how to fix that?

15/08/2013 at 21:46

Um, the internet says 'rest'. Not sure how well that fits in with your plans though. 

15/08/2013 at 23:01

Super thread-lady bling that. Excellent work. Speedy, get well soon.  But if it persists, cut it out with a Stanley knife and make a tasty chutney 

Edited: 15/08/2013 at 23:03
15/08/2013 at 23:08

I love Mangos.  I hate injuries - sorry to hear that Speedy.

I don't have a fix for your symptoms, but I believe the cause will be in your hip.  I suggust to try a good foam roller session at all angles of the hip and find any pain there. (My tibial perisotitis is due to one of my adductors being too tight).  If you find any pain then strech that localised muscle

15/08/2013 at 23:11

I can recommend a good local sports masseur if that would help, too.

16/08/2013 at 06:21

GM - Looking promising - just a few more days of easy running is definitely sensible.
Keir - sounds like a tough session. Well done.
Literatin / Speedy - good to see the medals on display. Congratulations to you both.
JD3 - sounds like you use the same kind of distance markers as me!
But thoughts of IM are not on my radar.
Speedy - really sorry to hear about your leg. Hope you're not on the bench too long.
3 easy miles d&d. My colleagues find out today which one of them is being made redundant but I still don't have a leaving date - looks like I might be going away on holiday next week with everything still up in the air.

16/08/2013 at 08:33

Wishing you a Speedy recovery Speedy. Hopefully your mango will have shrunk to about plum size by today.

Are you definately leaving Gul? Are you on holiday to anywhere nice?

Nice medal picture Lit and Speedy. Always nice to get medals for a competition series rather than a 1 off event.

Glad your knee is recovering Gerard. 

16/08/2013 at 08:55

You've clearly been swotting up your anatomy Speedy ! I'd suspect it's one of those annoying soft tissue things that just needs rest, anti inflammatories, stretching blah blah blah...doubt there's any particularly specific targeted intervention that's head and shoulders above conventional approaches to hasten recovery. Good luck with it

Hope life sorts itself out for you Gul

16/08/2013 at 09:46

SJ - I used the Insanity sessions to help return to running after a injury ravaged spring finished off with a PW at VLM, the sessions are tough but a very good workout.  Started off just doing the insanity sessions on a daily basis but now alternate them with my running. They've definately made my legs and core stronger which can only help improve the running.

16/08/2013 at 10:08

Early 5k run this a.m. (6:30am) well for me anyway and knee felt fine, that was until I was walking into work down a steep hill and it twitched and sort of locked. It complained all the way down the hill. I am now beginning to wonder if it's PFPS, it feels like it but not as painful as described by many published diagnostic reports. What a pain in the butt nevermind the knee!

SG - I echo Keir's comments! How does it feel today?

Lit -  We are a polite bunch on here not asking you who won your race/smackdown etc. Now stop messing and tell us what went down..... give us the details pls!!!!

Gul - Hope you are not too stressed about your situation? Enjoy your holiday.

16/08/2013 at 11:08

SG - sorry I can't help with anterior mango problems but wish you a speedy recovery

Sorry to hear things are still not resolved for you Gul

20 this morning in slow fashion, and another battle with the Geese for ownership of the Thames Path. 2-0 to the Geese.

16/08/2013 at 12:05
16/08/2013 at 12:40

Spoilsport. They don't usually get the results up that quickly.

16/08/2013 at 12:49

PMJ is a very good cyber-stalker!  Well done to both Speedy and lit on their league finishes.

AR: geese are scary.  Nearly as scary as cows (having experienced cow charges during both the Cotswold Way Relay and the Bath Running Festival 'Half' this year, there's nothing quite like a herd of cows moving at high speed to get you out of a field pronto).

16/08/2013 at 12:55

Okay, yes, so Speedy did beat me in the end though we stuck together like glue for the first 4 miles, until a steep hill proved too much for me. It seemed a fair enough result though given that she is faster than me at all distances, and it would have been a bit galling to exacerbate the mango-like swelling just for the sake of coming second in the league. Here is the actual photo with SG's double bling (gold for the individual ladies & silver for the team competition).

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/699204/gallery/img_4315_(320x239).jpg?width=350

I'll get you next year though. 

16/08/2013 at 12:56

Well done PMJ for ending the news blackout! Congrats to both of you. Fine reward for an excellent season. Now, race reports please.

JD3, go on, you know you want to! There are quite a few races in the UK to choose from. Do you one in mind yet?

BarryB! Great to hear from you again. How is the training going? What's your next target race? I've only got the fit test so far, a friend said she would copy the other discs for me and I intend to follow your model. In the meantime I've been doing squats and single leg deadlifts (?) to build some strength. Seems to be helping but I've noticed my left hip flexors are really tight and painful so I'm rollering and lying on a spiky ball which is eye watering 

Hope you get some resolution soon Gul.

16/08/2013 at 15:52

8x400m at the goose shit track at lunchtime: 83, 83, 82, 81, 80, 81, 83, 80. Was aiming for 82 a lap so a little scatter due to wind, rain and general goose shit and geese problems but happy with that (enough goose related news for today?). 38 for the week so far and 14 planned for the weekend will take me over 50 miles for the first time since the start of April. I hadn't planned to do such a big week but with August having two weeks holiday it looks like I will do 13 days without a break sandwiched in-between 10 days off before and after. 

By the end of August I had hoped to be on 1333 miles to hit 2000 for the year and it looks like I will be about 80 shy of that so need close to 190 a month for the remainder of the year to hit the target.

TR
16/08/2013 at 17:35

I preferred the pictures that had boots in them, might just be me though.

JD3 - what are your swim and bike like, have you done many others Tris ?

SJ - have you settled on a 2014 IM yet ?

16/08/2013 at 18:27

I'm struggling with a brownie point deficit TR.  Severe spousal sense of humour failure occurred when I announced the dates for next year's Outlaw..... I might need to skip a year if I want to keep food privileges (etc!)  although I am plotting "operation confuse-a-wife" to subtly (ha!) manipulate her (double ha!) into thinking that 6hr training rides are a good idea. Any thread advice gratefully received on how to achieve that.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.