Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

29,041 to 29,060 of 38,239 messages
17/08/2013 at 13:56

Fantastic pb Jools. 1-1  for the gender pb split so far this wkend then. 

Um, yes. As we teachers like to say, well done on spotting my deliberate mistake! 18.08 was the actual Garmin time. 

17/08/2013 at 16:38

congratulations to Gul and Jools on very impressive PBs  

17/08/2013 at 20:07

Great stuff from Jools, Gul and Keir

Happy days all round

Hoping I can pull something half decent out of the bag at Fleetwood HM next Sun. Just need the wind to stay away...

Blisters    pirate
17/08/2013 at 20:47

Fantastic PB Jools, like you say, you're on a roll. Some of us have known that. More to come.

17/08/2013 at 21:00

What's the target Fraser? Something starting with a 7? Seems as if M. has knocked you into pretty good shape (or is it all the Grand Design building work you have been doing this year?). I liked the look of the 2 sessions you posted up this week. Seems as if we are currently training at the same target paces, so just to keep things interesting next week I might swap one of my planned sessions for one of yours. 

I take it you don't fancy joining me at the race then Blisters?

I dug out the pair of boxed Adidas Tempos earlier which I had purchased back in March ready for VLM (not to be used), only to find that I had bought a 9 instead of a 9 1/2.  But every cloud has a silver lining and I've found a pair online in a nicer colour scheme, so that will make all the difference at mile 24 at Abo.  

17/08/2013 at 21:34

Keir. Yep I spy with my little eye anything starting with 7 would be great. Not sure what sessions will be next week but will post them up in advance if you want a peek. They'll prob be a bit lighter since I'm such a cissy I need an easy week pre race 

17/08/2013 at 21:50

Thanks. That would be good. I have a HM targeted at the end of September, so will have a similar easier week then. Is this your A race or is there something else in the diary?

17/08/2013 at 22:55

Amsterdam mara in Oct is the planned "glorious peak" Keir 

17/08/2013 at 23:16
Who'da thought just across the solent on sunny Isle of Wight my phone internet has been pretty much feck all. They need to spoil the picturesque skyline with a few phone masts.
Anyway now I'm down in rainy Devon I can check out how you are all getting along.

Great smackdown reports from Lit and Speedy, hope your injury is getting better.

Excellent PBs from Gul and Jools.

Nice parkrunning debut keir. If you want your size 9 (UK?) to go to a decent home bring em along to Abo and I'll take them off your hands for whatever the going rate is. Are they they girlie looking red and blue combo?

Apologies to anyone else as I've only had a quick skim read but great training going on as always.

Who mentioned the IM? It's starting to nag me.

I've managed to run most days but only for about an hour and one 90 mins, so no long runs but have compensated with plenty of Speed work and hitting the hills hard. They do hurt a bit.
Plenty of hill work this week in Devon and a few more beers to take the edge off the shitty weather.
18/08/2013 at 05:41

Keir - nice parkrun debut and typo.
Jools - congrats on the PB - that's a stonking 10k. You are on a roll!
Moof - sorry to hear about the weather - hope it's not spoiling the holiday too much. Whereabouts in Devon are you? We're off to Sennen Cove in Cornwall on Thursday.
Parkrun results finally in (email came after midnight) and the inevitable adjustment went the wrong way to give me a 19:01. Still it was a 3 second PB and 1st getting even older git.

18/08/2013 at 07:34

Brilliant pbs jools (you are flying!) and gul (that pesky second, they do it every time)

Great racing from lit and speedy and nice medals too.

speedy - how is the niggle feeling now? 

18/08/2013 at 09:40
Gul- we are staying in Paignton. Shame about the second but you'll crack it next time.

Only 8 miles this morning but they were very hilly.
18/08/2013 at 11:21

Seems you've all got a little quicker since I've been away, very quick racing from Keir, Gul and Jools - Congrats to the PB'ers.

Fraser - That's a very tasty PMP.

Good start for the year for me, managed 1:28 at Wokingham then all went downhill with a calf injury leading to a bad but enjoyable experience at VLM.  Change of shoes from support to neutral has sorted my calf out and have managed a decent training build up to Berlin, so far.

18/08/2013 at 11:45

21M for me to finish the week.  Legs felt relatively ok after yesterday's efforts although they grizzled a bit when I tackled a reasonably tough hill at 18M.

18/08/2013 at 13:13

Sadly the niggle is definitely an injury now. I am benched. I still can't walk properly, so running may be a while off. I'm torn between resting it properly or doing some cross training to retain fitness but risk prolonging the recovery. The GNR is only 4 weeks away.

18/08/2013 at 14:11

Speedy: that's bad news, sorry to hear that.  If you can find cross-training which doesn't require any weight bearing and doesn't hurt then I'd say cross-train.

18/08/2013 at 15:49

I can walk normally today, that's a bonus!

18/08/2013 at 18:07

Keeping up with the ladies I got a 2nd V40 in a 5k today.  It was horrific.  I am shit.  Nuff said.

18/08/2013 at 18:34

Another great PB Jools, and also from Gul (that 18:xx is there for the taking).

Oh dear Minni - not sure if I should congratulate you or commiserate (5k = nasty distance I avoid at all cost)

Decided on running Burnham Beeches HM today as some kind of training MP effort. Fridays 20m run was still sitting heavy in the legs, and a day standing in a wet field listening to crap 80s music provided interesting preparation.

5 easy miles before the start and then completed the HM in 1:23:47 which I was pleased with as that is bang on my VLM pace (6:24) on what is an undulating course. Heavy legged, but comfortable breathing. Irritated those around me by chatting away which isn't like me.

Really surprised by how small the field was this year, 365 finishers, compared to 710 on a scorching hot day last year.

18/08/2013 at 19:35

Also-ran, if I am ever fast enough to run a HM at 6:24 pace, I will be pissed off if anyone starts chatting.

Well done to Jools and Gul on PBs...

and Minni, you're not shit, you were 2nd V40. You can only race who's there. If it is any consolation, my 5k PB is slower-paced than my 5 mile pace. Let's just call ourselves 'endurance runners'.

Speedy, sorry to hear about injury but sounds like it's improving? Hopefully?

I ran the Belper Rugby Rover 30k today for a longer-than-ideal training run and to get club championship points. It had some massive bastard hills in which I mainly 'ran' up because I'm bloody-minded, though might as well have walked to be honest. I was meant to be sticking to easy pace and the average came out looking sensible though actually ranged from MP to 'going up a bloody massive hill' pace. I was 3rd senior lady in 2:34:17 so won a large co-op bag full of strange and wonderful things.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.