Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

29,701 to 29,720 of 37,862 messages
13/09/2013 at 21:13

!8:50, sounds decent to me Kier.

PMJ- otherwise known as big foot. Gout must be fairly rare among elite runners?

I've taken virtually a week off too Minni. Just 5 this evening with a few speedy bits to get the legs going. Glad to hear you'll make it to the start line- you never know, might bump into you or Speedy at the GNR. I've sneaked a VIP pass for the finish area so might stop for a sherbet befort I run for the ferry

I'll settle for 1:25 but could be better with a following wind. What's your final targets girls?

13/09/2013 at 21:17

keir - a 5k is never going to suggest a marathon time. I was quite a bit off my pb when I raced a 5k about a month before my marathon but still managed a 5 minute pb there. 

13/09/2013 at 21:20

I'll settle for a PB (sub 1.27.37) given the missed chunk of training and the headwind we'll have for the last mile.

How did you nobble a VIP pass OO?

13/09/2013 at 21:47

Keir: that is a 2 week taper as it's 6 weeks on Sunday.

13/09/2013 at 22:13

Good luck to the GNR runners this weekend, and to anyone else racing. 

Sounds like you are coming back well Jools

TR wrote (see)

Minni - you've got that on back to front, you need to retake it.

AR - you've done plenty do do yourself justice, make sure you taper properly in the last 2 weeks. Is that a flat mara ? how did you sell your ABo number ? how much did you get for it ?

It is a flat course,just a couple of speed bumps. Main unknown will be wind out in the second half.

Have you decided against Abo? I sold the pace by putting a thread on the Events section. £36.  If there were no takers I was going to try Abo directly as they had a reserve list in the past. I think there is a Fetch tread for Abo transfers as well.

Blisters    pirate
13/09/2013 at 22:21

11 miles for me, in the persistent rain. Like it was persisting it down.

Good news that Jools is back in the saddle.

Also Ran, I note that you are looking uphill as well as still hanging around here. Give it sone stick son.

TR
13/09/2013 at 22:21

AR - sounds good, PB potential then. I'm on 17M for the week with only tomorrow left for the week (and I'm biking and swimming tomorrow), I'll see Monday. The Abo number was intended to make me run more through the summer (just in case) and it did, so even if I dont use its been valuable. I have a sub 60 and a couple of sub 80 races in mind more than I have Abo in mind.

13/09/2013 at 22:33

Nice pose Minni, I like the t shirt and I'm gonna get one for Abo and strut my stuff.

Lovely feet PMJ, what happened to the left one? Looks like it's been smacked with a hammer.

Decent 5k time Keir.

Glad to see you're getting back on track Jools.

12 very wet miles tonight with 11 at MP which averaged about 6.40, pushed the last one up to 6.32 but this felt like way too hard to keep up. Slightly tweaked my right hammy dodging through the rush hour traffic, an easy 6 planned for tomorrow but I'll bin it if the hamstring feels iffy.

13/09/2013 at 22:37

Hello all.

Just popping in to pass on my best wishes for the GNR and anyone else racing this weekend.

I have still been ticking over (180 treadmill miles in August). Finally had my shoulder operation on Wed, so a few weeks off and hoping to get back on the road at the start of October.

MsE
13/09/2013 at 22:48

Hope you recover fully soon, Scooby.

Best of luck for the weekend of racing all!  Looking forward to the race reports.

14/09/2013 at 07:28

Scooby recovery, Speedy!  Seriously, good luck with that.

Best of luck to Speedy, Minni and OO up there at the GNR tomorrow, hope the weather plays the game.

Mennania - Good luck in the No Vowels HM. Looks a beautfiul part of the world.

Excellent MP session from Moof.

Keir - Yes, that's a very decent 5k time esp. if you have excuses.

Minni - What does it say on the front? Can we have a pic of that as well, please? Or is the t-shirt really that much too small?

PMJ - Nasty. That pic reminds of the joke whose punchline is "Right, I'm not showing you the big one now!"

Edited: 14/09/2013 at 07:29
14/09/2013 at 09:00

Mennania - good luck tomorrow.
GM - It's Race Jase. And yes, I'm really getting excited now. Hills - what are they?! Good luck with the 10k.
AR - sub 70!!! I couldn't even run 1 mile at that pace.
PMJ - lovely pic! Hope the foot soon returns to normal.
Minni - that looks so appetising!
SJ - nice 7:10m/m easy run!
Keir - 3rd place is not to be sniffed at and it was hardly ideal prep!
Jools - well done. Sounding promising.
Moof - very decent MLR!
Hi to Scooby and good luck to all the GNR crew!
16 easy miles this morning @ 8:13 m/m. Passed a load of runners doing the Round Norfolk Relay.

14/09/2013 at 11:43

I suppose one decent photo out of three is n't bad.

Jools - Good news on injury free running.

Keir -  Nice 5K.

Calf was pain free by Thursday but had to abort a short test run  as I could feel the left calf on every impact, I'm sure I could have run through it but don't want to risk it.  Will try again Monday after a weekend of icing etc.

Good luck to GNR'ers and Mennania.

Blisters    pirate
14/09/2013 at 12:12

Grey, overcast, threatening, but dry. I think it's forecast to stay that way until the Gods of Wrath unleash their mighty force with a vengeance tomorrow. I don't envy the GNR runners.

Training: 47 miles on the bike, 3 hours of hilly, hilly. Not bad for a gentle session. I might just skip that 5 mile race that the club are running this afternoon. It would be silly.

14/09/2013 at 12:23

Kier and Moof -- good running.

Hope the calf settles soon for you Barry.

Hi to Scoobs and go well the GNR'ers.

Cheers for the encouragement all, looking forward to racing again although am dithering about what I want to get from it. Should I run it progressive and push as hard as I can for the last six or just take it as a MP training type run or should I be doing something else completely? Finishing time is not as important as improvement is on this one. Average over 30m a week for the last 3 weeks but was 30 miles a month for June, July and August.

14/09/2013 at 12:43

Mennania - You know what sort of time you'd be happy with, considering the last few months' aggro, so start out at that target pace and kick on whenever you feel confident of pushing right through to the finish. In other words, the most important thing is you coming out of this feeling you've given it a good shot and there's hope/motivativation for improvement in the coming months.

First attempt at speedwork for months this morning...the internal dialogue would make a good film noir short, I think. Christ, it's not that much like hard work, is it? Get it done, boy, for God's sake! Anyway CNBA and sheer laziness dictated the first rep (3:12) but managed to talk myself round and got progressively less slow, the last one coming in at 2:58. Now, perversely, feeling pleased with myself for not sacking the session.

Good luck with that calf Barry, sensible to ease off if you get a twinge.

14/09/2013 at 13:35

Good luck to the GNR posse tomorrow.

14/09/2013 at 13:48

I hope those were 1000m reps Ant

Best Wishes to those at GNR and Vy..... this weekend.  Currently I'm watching the atheltics from Newcastle/Gateshed city whilst the kids are both asleep - it looks great

I cycled home last night and strangly very much enjoyed being in the rain.  Hopefully I could get out of bed early and have a few hours out tomorrow morning.

I've just put my Abo place for sale on the same thread that AR set-up.  I do now need to get a few enteries in for upcomming races

14/09/2013 at 15:11

Good to hear you are on the path back Scoobs. Good luck with it.

Good luck too to the racers for tomorrow - sounds like it might be a fast day with a healthy tail wind at GNR. Smash it up!

Make sure you allow some recovery time Blisters. How is the race afterglow going?

14/09/2013 at 15:15

Bike It - True, I forgot to say that it was 6 x 800m. But there you go, all that was wrong with it, in a nutshell.... Not upset or hurt or anything though...

Edited: 14/09/2013 at 15:35
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.