Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

36,601 to 36,620 of 37,215 messages
12/06/2014 at 22:01

Blistering mid-week racing from OO and PMJ. 

Enjoy your trip Poacher.

Glad to hear that you are on the mend Gul

Go Badbark, go!

12/06/2014 at 22:28

Mid week leg stretch last night at the Capernwray Sprint tri. Got there late so was straight into the cold water for my first open water swim of the season for a quick paddle before the horn went and foolishly hammered it off the line. A combination of cold water shock and going well beyond the red line is not a pleasant experience and my lungs rebelled resulting in the last 200m of a 500m swim being relegated to a miserable breast stroke. Lost several minutes.

My poor showing was compounded by my inability to get my bike shoe on, then the big ring wouldn't engage for a good 5 minutes when I got on the bike. After kicking the derailleur I was suddenly off at a decent pace and moved steadily through the field over the 20k hilly route. 

On to the run and cruised past another 15 or so people with 6:55, 6:45, 6:25 miling plus 0.1 at 6mm to cruise home. Only just warmed up and wished the run was at least another 5k in length.

1hr 10mins - plenty of lessons re-learned.

12/06/2014 at 22:30

The new bike should be here in a week or so though so I'll be closer to the hour next time 

12/06/2014 at 23:34

SJ - That sounds like a decent effort to me and when we the new wheels arrive there will be no stopping you!

Paltry 2 miles for me tonight as the blister underneath my big toe finally got the better of me. Got home and had a look and saw it was infected. Took the needle to the bugg*r and what a relief that was. Should be ok for a run in the morning before I embark on a 6 days of debauchery which will involve copious amounts of porter and will probably arrive back here with my liver in a sling but I am looking forward to running in the beautiful Phoenix park.

BB - Good luck not that you will need it!

MsE
12/06/2014 at 23:40

Go Badbark! Here's hoping you have the race you deserve after all that hard work.  

13/06/2014 at 06:36

Badbark - amazing campaign you have executed - you are on course for a stormer and it will be thoroughly deserved!
PMJ - great reps and nice improvement.
SJ - great effort, well done.
GM - take care of that big toe.
12 easy miles in the bag this morning @ 8:09 m/m.

13/06/2014 at 07:23

Just popping in to wish Badbark the best of luck.

Slokey- nice bike! 

13/06/2014 at 07:29

Best of luck, Badbark - very excited to hear how it all goes tomorrow

Club session last night: 2 x 4 mins; 2 x 3 mins; 2 x 2 mins; 2 x 1 mins.  Covered a pleasing 3.5M in the 20 mins.  Followed by 6 x 20s sprints.  Funnily enough, I was the slowest at the sprints...

13/06/2014 at 09:48

BB - Beast of a training campaign and now you can enjoy the race knowing you couldn't have done any more.

Watched the Melbourne IM night before last and someone quoted "the race is a celebation of your training" you should get your party hat on! 

13/06/2014 at 10:18

Had to cut that run short, planned 6 miler became 3. Toe bothering me and my foot strike was abnormal so did the sensible thing. Very warm out there again.

13/06/2014 at 10:23

BB - nail it!

Nice reps from PMJ & Jools, good comeback from SJ in the tri after a dodgy swim, Gul back churning out the miles and some delightful self-surgery from GM!

Poacher - looking forward to the gym fails already.

Fantastic day at Lord's yesterday, and now back at my desk wishing I was going again today! Instead I have a tempo session lined up at lunch...

13/06/2014 at 13:07

Sensible choice GM....

13/06/2014 at 14:36

6 more in the bank, 2 of them at HMP before I went back to a pace more commensurate with the weather conditions! Conserving myself a little for tomorrow morning's (relative) LSR and cricket in the afternoon.

13/06/2014 at 14:45

7.5 at 7.5 pace, back to turning the easy runs over easily and feeling good. Helped no end by the improvements in the scenery that the sun brings to Hyde Park. parkrun tomorrow am and hoping for a fastish one.

14/06/2014 at 00:38

Badbark - good luck dude - say no more, as you have trained SOOO hard and you have the right focused mentality. As they say  - Don't be shit!

Go Badbark!!!!!

14/06/2014 at 00:49

I feel like I'm in limbo at the moment. No planed marathons for the foreseeable future. Looking for an autumn half marathon PB before I consider another marathon attempt!

Any thoughts?

14/06/2014 at 07:28

Jools - good club session.
GM - hope the toe is better today.
Abbers - nice 6 miler.
KR - how about GER at Peterborough for a PB attempt? I think you've done that one before.
18 miles @ 8:36 m/m in lovely drizzle this morning. There's a nice hill near Sandringham that I spent about 30 mins running up and down. 61 miles for the week.
Come on Badbark!

14/06/2014 at 09:53

If you get the fruits of your labours Badbark will definitely go well today.

Have took the week off but taken up Pilates. Will definitely improve things me thinks.

Nice mileage Gul.

Lake Vyrnwy KR - Uphill for the first mile but flat all the way around the lake thereafter and downhill for the last mile.

14/06/2014 at 10:23

Badbark- goodluck today , the training is all done 

Gul - nice 18 'er getting back into it.

slokey -- some lessons learned so all good.

Joolska-slowest..maybe they are all fast at your club though ?, practice makes perfect.

KR-in limbo .., mee too haven't run a mile this week again , I need to get back at it soon 

Edited: 14/06/2014 at 10:24
14/06/2014 at 11:54

parkrun this morning: OK for the first mile (5:53), CNBA fairy sat on my shoulder for the second mile (6;33), shrugged her off for mile 3 (6:07) but she came back for the bits (6:58 pace). 19:26 reflects the end of 14 days with one day off, 5 races, 2 hard track sessions and only 4 recovery runs.

Have a clear week to concentrate on speed and rest and then a mile track race the week after.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.