Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

14,641 to 14,660 of 37,890 messages
27/01/2012 at 20:28

OO - I get into jeans size 32 on a good day, 34 on a bad one. Between January and The VLM I usually lose about 7kgs, going down to 80-82 kgs (12st 8 - 12st 12), which is the aim this time, as well.

I am NOT going to get a Fat Boy complex.

27/01/2012 at 20:33
32, same as me + love handles
MsE
28/01/2012 at 01:37
Crikey. I popped on to catch up last night and dropped off without a word as it seemed to be some sort of confessional about personal statistics, only to find the obsession over height, weight and measurements is still going on!
28/01/2012 at 06:41

Morning Fat Fighers!  and I thought I was the only one on a diet

good news at the weekly weigh in this am, another 2 lbs gone, 11st 5lbs .  Although it's interesting to report that it seems breakfast is worth at least a pound - my 'formal' weekly weigh in being performed pre-brekkie (but post loo trip) whereas on my sneaky midweek checks are after breakfast

I'm 5' 10'' with a 32'' waist btw.  Makes me smile that this is one of the few places I can feel like a bit of a bloater

congrats on the win last night efc-col ...... dreams of a wembley visit over for FFC for yet another season

enjoy your long runs

28/01/2012 at 07:08
OOlg - nice hill reps. Good news from Brass Monkey.
I did 7 miles with 4 miles tempo this morning round the park. 2 warm-up miles 8:30, 7:25, then 6:53, 6:48, 6:53, 6:49 and 9:05 to warm-down. Happy with that, esp. seeing as miles 2 and 3 of my parkrun last week were 6:44s. So another week completed for me, 4 runs, 23 miles.
28/01/2012 at 11:40

Parkrun this morning and I know FW and MM are out doing one too but thought I woudl be brave and post first, so here goes: 17:55 at Bushy Park for 18th overall, got chicked and I thought it may be Liz Yellling but not 100% sure, will await official results.

Week was 57.68 miles and Jan total is now 232.83 which puts me #10 on RW challenge but I have done my long and tomorrow is off so expect to fall. 

28/01/2012 at 11:49
Hope everyone's Parkruns went well this morning. Nice tempo activity from Gul

Just 8 off road for me this morning as I'm 7 days away from my trip down the Thames. Still debating whether to wear road shoes (more support) or trail shoes (more grip) to run c. 50 miles off road. Went with trail shoes last time around but they weren't ideal on some of the stretches. Decisions, decisions.

100% for me in Jantastic - how does Febulous (or whatever it's called) work. Do we have to stick with the same number of runs we had for Jantastic and then put distance on top of that?
28/01/2012 at 11:52

nice work fellow ParkRunners, Gul and PMJ - I had a last minute opportunity to do mine as younger son still asleep when it was time for us to leave for his football club at 8.20; he's been a bit peaky so thought it best to let him sleep ....

Not bad at all by my recent standards, with 19.03, although a 3.40 1st K was followed by 3.45 then 3.54 & 2 x 3.52.  My 4 runs for the week are now done (23 miles total!) and I've therefore got 100% for Jantastic.  Pleased with that, now will have to think about the long run target for Feb.

28/01/2012 at 11:53

x-post Lorenzo - nicely done this am, and BIG respect for your planned jaunt next weekend. 

Click on the record runs for Feb link - you can change your runs per week target (up or down) but set a different long run distance each week. 

Edited: 28/01/2012 at 12:01
28/01/2012 at 12:07
Jezza_B wrote (see)
 my 'formal' weekly weigh in being performed pre-brekkie (but post loo trip)
Mine Sat am, post #1, pre #2 and breakfast.
28/01/2012 at 12:15
Well done on the park runs, chaps - all looking very nippy

Feeling a bit better today so will get out later for an exploratory 5 easy miles to see how the hacking cough copes - then hopefully will be off for a steady 20 tomorrow to get back on the proverbial horse. Been out of run action for 5 days now and have really missed it - not to mention my plummet down the RW table

Vital statistics round up - 5'10.5" , 70kg, 32" waist, blue eyes, enjoys long walks and reading, GSOH, seeks friendship, maybe more.....
28/01/2012 at 12:20
Lorenzo - do what feels right re shoes but FWIW having done a fair few long off road races I always go for road shoes unless conditions are really dreadful.  A bit of sliding in the mud seems a small price to pay for the advantage road shoes give you the rest of the time.  Think of the pain of running along that last raised path into Henley in trail shoes....
28/01/2012 at 12:22
I'm same height, weight and waist size as you Jezza. I take it you also have an exceptionally long 3rd leg too!

Well done on some good park runs PMJ and Jezza. I would be very happy with that time PMJ. Looking forward to some more results coming in. Anyone racing tomorrow?

I got my 20m out the way early. A twisty lumpy country lane route designed to take in about 5miles of bridleway. Nice and 8m/m to mile 12 where I upped it a bit to finish in 7.41m/m overall (PMP+60sec?). Can't remember the last time a 20miler felt so easy
28/01/2012 at 12:36

Keir, starting to shell peas, nice.

Lorenzo, I can;t comment on 50 in trail shoes as you have done it and I haven't, but I did 15 the other day in trail shoes on the Grand Union and it was good and grippy but hard work for the legs. The road shoes are so much more supportive and the paths on the Thames are muddy but not slippy out near Henley, Marlow, Richmond and Hammersmith and I am getting plenty of grip in road shoes (but they are big Nike Pegasus so plenty of grip anyway).

28/01/2012 at 12:47
Everyone is so fast on here now!

Nice parkrun PMJ. You're still just ahead of me on the RW table and I've logged my 21 from today. It's a pity it didn't run all year around - I quite like reading everyone's totals. I really must get out more!

OO good news re BM. I've entered the Blyth 10k.

I'm not declaring weight ... I'm the same height as joolska but much heavier. can I blame age, children... Anything?
28/01/2012 at 14:33
Oh dear, I just ate one of my boys biscuits before reading this. The shame of it....
I'm 6ft1in and currently 82kg / 12stone12 with mostly 32in waist. Frankly there is easily 3kg of muffintop which doesn't really need to be there.

Nice running from the park runners this morning

14 miles for me this morning. Came across a chap having a huge bonfire in a remote spot at about 5:15am. Suspect alcohol involved.

3 hours running tomorrow planned probably meaning 21-22 miles
28/01/2012 at 14:50
Parkrun for me too this morning, as part of a 16 mile LSR. It was muddy and slippery but road shoes were still the best option given the stretch of road in the middle (Lorenzo - road shoes!). I was hoping to run about 10k pace and only just managed it with a 19.56 which was way more effort than 10k pace should be. Still, I got 2nd lady (behind an elite triathlete) and 9th overall. Only the 7th lady to make it onto the sub 20 table for our parkrun. It's certainly not a fast course. Among the ladies above me are a GB international at XC, a veteran GB international steeplechaser and the aforementioned tri girl.

Lorenzo - many brands do traily versions of their road shoes which are just a little more grippy and waterproof but still have the same support. Eg Brooks Adrenaline ASR, Nike Pegasus Trail.
28/01/2012 at 15:15

Well done to Speedy, Jezza and PMJ for some excellent Parkrunning, I wish we had that over here.

Good longer stuff from Bike It and Keir, the latter divesting small green vegetables of their pods early doors. Very encouraging, you two.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Slokey - sorry if I don't respond to your Personal Ad...

Some nippy action from Gul -good work, Sir.

Lorenzo - For Febulous you can post a different number of runs per week from those you committed to in Jantastic . Also, your longest weekly run needn't be the same every week, or even that long, really.

I did 6.5M this morning which was meant to be slow, but I got into it and so did 5k @ 6:45mm pace, for a laugh. 18M tomorrow, where I suspect there will be fewer chuckles.

28/01/2012 at 16:40

Hello all - plenty happening;
Gul - patience proving a virtue there - things coming along nicely. 
Good long running from Keir, Bike-It (day one of mega weekend - good luck tomorrow), &
Minni (who said "everyone is so fast on here now"). Sadly not so, Minni . . . . .
some fine parkrunning (inc Speedy again within a long 'un) - belated b'day wishes btw . . .

20 miler this am - again starting in semi-darkness at 07:30, but running into sunshine and views of snow covered hills & fields.  Legs felt creaky all the way, though - envious of Keir's "easy"  . . . still, that's 4 x 20's done & dusted in Jan. 

Vital stats - weight - no idea - have no scales in house. Waist - probably 31, height 5'10", upper body - scrawny, backside & thighs - chunky, calves - very shapely . . . . .

28/01/2012 at 17:43
Bike It wrote (see)
Came across a chap having a huge bonfire in a remote spot at about 5:15am. Suspect alcohol involved. 3 hours running tomorrow planned probably meaning 21-22 miles
If I am out running at 5:15am there is almost certainly alcohol involved.
14,641 to 14,660 of 37,890 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.