Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

15,341 to 15,360 of 37,220 messages
19/02/2012 at 20:01

Well done Chris, glad your ankle held up o.k.

PMJ - Fantastic result for you, despite (or because of?) the unorthodox pacing strategy!

MM - I think your mate owes you a few drinks for that! Good work!

Some good long runs bagged too - one of the better Sundays for the thread, I think?

Lorenzo - It was a Ribera de Duero Reserva

19/02/2012 at 20:01

CFB - was just idly thinking about your groin and lower abdomen - I wonder if you're getting pain radiating up from your hip flexors or quads. I'm sure if you could get someone competent to give you a good seeing to something biomechanical would turn up that could maybe be addressed over time to sort the problem. Just a thought

Nice pacing MM - must be very satisfying

Good long un from Minni. 1

Sorry you're still not fighting fit Birch - amazing what another easy few days might do for the healing process

Sounds like you're having a busy phase in your life Keir. I'm sure a chap of your calibre will work out a way to get some good training in though !

19/02/2012 at 20:10

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/83537/Gallery/DSC01803_-_copia.JPG

What the best-dressed runner is wearing this season...
Edited: 19/02/2012 at 20:10
19/02/2012 at 20:10
Great report PMJ, and an 80 WAVA score to boot. Fantastic. I scored over 78 for my 5k on Wednesday and an 80 is my interim aim (ie an aim to fill the time between now and me getting fast enough to bag a sub 3 marathon).

19/02/2012 at 20:13

Excellent running as listed above, it's a good time of year for PBs in colder weather, nice pix too.

Woke up at 0245 to find the norovirus has come to visit with a vengeance so dare not write any more in case of rushing off mid sentence and having to fling the laptop on the floor. 

Well done everyone, lots be pleased with today

19/02/2012 at 20:18

Awesome run PMJ - very jealous ! Hoping I can get somewhere near that this year with any luck

Get well soon Poacher

19/02/2012 at 20:24

just popping in to say WELL DONE to all the racers, superb performances all round

keep on keeping on

19/02/2012 at 20:24
Oh dear Poacher, some sort of bucket would be in order ...... Get well soon.
19/02/2012 at 20:40

Yes, get well soon Poacher - although you know these things are great for shifting those pesky extra few pounds.

O.k., it's me again, but I do ask you to check out the textbook, gazelle-like running form:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/83537/Gallery/419359_2373850525440_1825873419_1448374_1816394007_n.jpg

19/02/2012 at 20:48

Wow, what a day for the thread. Some really top stuff today. Sincerest well done to everyone.

Hats off to the PBers PMJ, Moof, CfB, CJ78

Ant solid form and looking good for another sub 3 this year. This time a comfortable one peaking on the day. Keep it up.. but not sure about your get up!

speedy - hilarious outing at the XC and although it doenst really sound like you enjoyed it too much you had a solid finishing position again. Good miles this week too. 

Strong run from Jools considering how little running you've been doing that starts with a 6 recently.

Nice long run from FW - encouraging that it's getting easier. Slokey - you too fella. Minni nice one on the 22.

Top snappage BOTF

Pleased the knee sounds like it's on the mend Birch. 

Great selfless stuff from you today MM. Putting a little back - sure you're ( are you looking Speedy?) mate is very grateful indeed.

My blog is in the usual place here but the highlight was most definitely today's run which was 19.88 miles with 13.1 (was supposed to be 12 but I couldn't resist) at MP - turned out my MP today was 5:36mm and did the13.1 miles in 73:23 -  a 2 second unofficial PB.

19/02/2012 at 20:48
Ant, is black the new orange?
19/02/2012 at 20:51

Thanks Fraser  -  I'll get it looked at

19/02/2012 at 21:01
Race Jase wrote (see)

MP today was 5:36mm and did the13.1 miles in 73:23 -  a 2 second unofficial PB.

Lots of perspective there from RJ, would have finished way up at Wokingham and it was a training run, mind you Liz Yelling would have beaten you with 72:58.
19/02/2012 at 21:01

A very busy few days for me catching up with faimily but i see there have been some great and not so developments

Birch sorry about the news but recover soon...

Keir fantastic news, many congratulation to you and your family she a beauty.

Jools really well done to get back under 90mins i remember how disapointed you where last time.

Moof, Chillies, Chris, brilliant times and pb,s all of you had a great outing.

PMJ 1:19:34  and 3rd vet is a fantastic result and well paced race, have a couple of light days and recover well done.

Ant another fast time clocked too.

MM a very noble thing pacing your mate, he should be pleased with that time.

Minni nice 22m, was it another hilly one?

Speedy after your 20m thats a good muddy  XC result.

FW good 18m@ 7.40 and comfortable.

Lorenzo good 17m and cycling i take it the mrs was out all day

18.5m for me today nothing spectacular but with the last half quicker than the first, a bit cool and windy but pleased to get that one done.

19/02/2012 at 21:02
Impressive stuff from Jase - loving the blog as well.

Also good to see that the Spanish authorities are enforcing the recently introduced "no bright clothing" rule by making sure Ant tones down a bit.

Hope you get well soon Poacher

Col - I was out first thing this morning and Mrs L was still in bed when I got back! Was very grateful for being allowed out for a sneaky hour this afternoon but she could tell I was itching to get back on the bike after a number of months of it just sitting in the garage. Nice progressive run BTW.

Feel like I might deserve a lie in and a rest day tomorrow - my legs were definitely feeling the effects of Friday's squash and a few late night / early start combos. Took a big effort this morning not to let the CNBA fairy get her own way!

Edited: 19/02/2012 at 21:06
19/02/2012 at 21:08

Great day at the races for the thread:

PMJ -  Not a great photo, kudos for showing it, I'm sure a few of the vainer members would n't have, but very impressive running, congrats.

Ant -  Good photo, good t shirt/hat and even better racing.

Congrats on the PB's to Moof, Chillies and Chris.

Speedy - Sounds like a short but really tough outing.

Joolska -  Nice photo and a solid performance.

RJ -  That is very quick, but would n't expect anything else.

V jealous of it ,still got a problem with my left calf, managing to run every other day but mainly treadmill as road work is a struggle and  not great mileage.  Another visit to the physio tomorrow.

Edited: 19/02/2012 at 21:10
19/02/2012 at 21:11

Well done on all the thread PB’s today.

PMJ-  Fantastic effort and a great time, nice to meet you.  I found mile 11 tough as well (6.35) as BotF says it must be the biggest ‘hill’ on the course and the wind was blowing a fair bit there.

CfB – Great PB and they are always impressive!

Another PB by CJ78, by 4 mins. excellent stuff.

Great running by ANT at what sounds like a slightly more exotic HM location than ‘Wokey’.

Nice to meet you briefly Joolska and an excellent sub 90.

Well done on Pacing your friend around MM, must be quite difficult knowing you can go a lot faster, there will be other days.

Top XC running Speedy especially the day after a 20!

Right my brief race report.

Got there pretty early and it was bloody cold, I was tempted to run in tights and gloves (oh the shame), but thankfully didn’t.  The start was a bit of an anti climax and didn’t realise we were off until people started running past me.

I planned to keep to 6.25 pace but after the first couple of miles 6.20 pace seemed comfortable (don’t they always) so I thought I’d try and stick to that.  My mile spits are 6.20, 6.21, 6.11, 6.25, 6.19, 6.29, 6.21, 6.21, 6.21, 6.24, 6.35 (mile 11), 6.20, 6.10 and 5.21 for the little bit at the end. I was pleased with the strong finish and managed to overtake a few in the last mile which was great for the confidence. So very happy with my PB of 1.23.14 (chip time)

Is that quick enough for a sub 3 attempt? Don’t know, 6.50 for 26 miles seems a little out of reach at the moment, but still plenty of time.

After the race my wife needed the car to take my son to a birthday party, so I had to cycle home. Normally 19 miles wouldn’t be a problem, but with a half mara in my legs and only a bottle of lucazade to keep me company, it felt bloody hard work.  Still all good training I suppose.

Oh and I think I will have to update my avatar to something less anonymous and change my forum name to my actual name as I do feel a bit of a berk introducing myself  “Hi, I’m Moof!”

19/02/2012 at 21:11
RJ you seem to be a very very fast ex fat bloke
19/02/2012 at 21:19

Just read RJ times, now that brings you right back down to earth. Nice running,  Oh just for a little bit more talent.

And well done to all the LR runners today.

19/02/2012 at 21:25
It looks like this year I will be coming along to VLM to spectate with my daughter and a couple of clubmates so if you're running along and you hear your name shouted out at about halfway (or 21miles) then don't be too surprised. Not promising I can make it to the Chandos but I'm going to give it a go.
Keep on boys and girls, I reckon this year will be another bumper year for the thread
15,341 to 15,360 of 37,220 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.