Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

141 to 160 of 35,763 messages
09/12/2010 at 13:14
I've just responded to your comment on the other thread, KK! My PB's quicker than his and I know there's no chance of my running a sub3 in May.
kittenkat    pirate
09/12/2010 at 13:16

My Pb is better than his too and I am thinking the same B&B.

09/12/2010 at 13:24

I smell a conspiracy to influence our voting in favour of the other 2 candidates.

Lets be positive and vote for the slow guy!

09/12/2010 at 13:38

Just cos you've run a 3:09:xx it doesn't mean people in the 3:20's are slow. Elitist!

09/12/2010 at 13:50
kittenkat wrote (see)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that one of the sub 3s is going from a 3.27 mara!

You have to assume he can run 1.15ish for a half.....

I must be a sadist..... I voted for him...

09/12/2010 at 14:21

thanks for the welcome folks.

Jesus....got to keep up on this thread, lot to catch up on..

12m on the snow and road yesterday, 6-7 tonight with the club tonight.

am also following P & D with a few tweaks,it helped me last year in the Anglesey mara, got me a GFA place for London.

KR.... just added my vote, good luck.

MsE
09/12/2010 at 14:24
Good luck, KR! Have cast my vote and will keep my fingers crossed for you. The spot was a good 'un wasn't it?

8.5 miles done in a P&D aerobic fashion this morning followed by circuits at Bootcamp to focus on conditioning. Average pace was 8m/m again. I always start reaaally slowly and then end up 2 min/mile faster as the run progresses without intentionally planning any progression within the run. I find it takes me a good 3-4 miles to warm up properly and find my stride, especially in this cold weather.

Sending the get well fairy over to SueC.
09/12/2010 at 14:48

Thank you MsE. You and me both for the slow starts, good job we prefer distance races!!

You need to send some an anger management fairy over too.... I have got quite cross over on that SSX thread (the one that's not broken!)

For me, that is!!

Will read back now.....

09/12/2010 at 14:56
COL - What time did you get at Anglesey? Is the GFA for 2011 or 12? Which mileage schedul edid you follow and what bits did you tweak? Cheers
09/12/2010 at 15:00

Sounds like an interesting day Knight Rider, who was then responsible for coming up with the shortlist?

I would interpret 'general aerobic' as 'easy paced' running.

Welcome, new people

09/12/2010 at 15:25

Keir,  My time was 3.10.31 chip time. in Sept 2009. Too late to enter for this years,so its for London 2011.

the only tweaks i do to the P&D is that i sometimes alter the days depending on family and work commitments.

I do up the pace the last 5-6 miles on the long runs, but as stated many times its time on the feet that's most important.

09/12/2010 at 15:28
SueC - trying to find the SSX forum you've had your rant on. I do enjoy a bit of voyeurism....what's the forum's official title - can you post a link
09/12/2010 at 15:30

Afternoon all.

Will have to go and read the SSX thread - not usually SueC who gets hot under the collar!  Hope the back improves soon, btw. 

Lovely 10M for me in the sunshine.  Ground still pretty solid but a lot of the frost is going and I suspect the ice on the harbour will be gone by tomorrow afternoon.  Treated myself to a run in my lightweights (Adizero Tempos - they have sparkly laces, too!) and averaged 7.11m/m, with the penultimate 2.5M @ 6.45s.  One step further along the road back to marathon-fit.

09/12/2010 at 15:45

Hi folks.

Been watching with interest over the last few days deciding whether to follow the jump from the old sub 3.15 thread or become a lurker in view of not having marathon planned until 2012. 

Either way I wanted to pop in to say congrats KR, you have my vote - sounds like a great bootcamp session.

I will also be voting for the 3.27 guy out of interest to see how he gets on - should be interesting.

P+D MP running - seemed there was enough for me and I agree, much easier when done as part of a race.

09/12/2010 at 16:31
Sue C wrote (see)

Sounds like an interesting day Knight Rider, who was then responsible for coming up with the shortlist?

I would interpret 'general aerobic' as 'easy paced' running.

Welcome, new people

Hi Sue, not sure who somes up with the shortlist that's on the website? THere is a trio at RW who were there on the day in Birmingham and I presume that Bud and Steve will have their comments. Steve was making notes of people's times on the 5k time trial. And I guess Sarah the Physio lady made her comments about anyones current/injuries or niggles etc. We also had to fill in another form on the day about what we wanted to get out of the experience, what we will bring to the SS etc. So a combination of all these factors. I think this year they wanted to acutally meet people in th flesh and check them out.
Another big thanks to all the people who have clicked & voted for me!
09/12/2010 at 16:31
Sue C - Found your rant. I agree entirely with you. Anyone who's proposing to devote several hours a week to proper marathon training surely can find 5 minutes a day to contribute to forums. I suppose the issue centres around whether one has to have "proved " oneself as a contributor already and whetehr that really matter. But to say "I haven't had time to contribute" is a bit ridiculous. I'd understand it if "I hadn't known or cared until now about forums" was the real reason....
09/12/2010 at 17:21
Sue C wrote (see)

You need to send some an anger management fairy over too.... I have got quite cross over on that SSX thread (the one that's not broken!)

Tee hee, I started that one  But obviously was on Sue C's side.
TR
09/12/2010 at 18:23
they'd have to pay me (good money) to take part in the SS. Not sure that I remember anyone actually hitting the target time for a starter and (I CNBA to read the thread) whilst I agree that folks have a commitment to post regularly, the pressure that some of the forum folks tried to put on Christina (JBFAR) this year was awful to watch.
09/12/2010 at 18:43

Just for you TR: the conversation was originally about RW choosing mostly people that hadn't posted on the forums previously. I said that most would have a shock when they realised how much time and effort would be required to not only meet the running requirements but also the time to put into the thread, a la MM. Someone said that, up to now, they hadn't the time because they had a job and kids. I pointed out that many of the regular posters on some threads (ie this one) had kids but managed to find the time to train and provide assistance and support to other forumites and not only when a lovely freebie was up for grabs. Then Sue came in and ripped them to shreds

Having joined the RW forum this year I only got to read the latter stages of MM's Super 6 thread so don't really know about what happened on the others. Is JBFAR still around or did it put her off the forum entirely?

09/12/2010 at 18:59
Congratulations on getting to last three KR and good luck on getting selected. You've just got my vote!
141 to 160 of 35,763 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.