Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

18,501 to 18,520 of 35,648 messages
18/05/2012 at 19:41
SlokeyJoe wrote (see)

Menna - ftfagos?

f that for a game of soldiers.

FINgers, see you at the Cabbage Patch. isn't the Great South the following Sunday? I race a lot but spinkle the A races round, so Cabbage Patrch will be an A race and that means Great South won't be and £40 for 10 miles is a lot: even Cabbage Patch is creeping up at £18.

Edited: 18/05/2012 at 19:42
TR
18/05/2012 at 19:52

Great South Run is my local race and I dont do it anymore (I set my 10M pb of 64:2X there) as its now so expensive, they screwed my entry up a couple of times, its hard to get in and out of Southsea on race day, and its usually ruined by a howling wind anyway...........and when it first started the kids race was £1, now its about £15.

18/05/2012 at 20:29
I think this year will be my last at GSR, it's getting more and more expensive and busier too. I've done it for the last few years as always fun but getting too pricey.
18/05/2012 at 21:07

Oh Christ. First it was the snip, now it's baldness. I'm starting to feel very out of place on this forum! Jools, MsE, Sal - we need to talk about periods or childbirth in revenge!

18/05/2012 at 21:29

Thinning on top and most defo grey at the sides, but as i don't see the back of my head, I don't care!

What are your local Club options Menn?

Just seen an advert on telly for the Manchester 10k race this Sunday on BBC 2. Will have to watch that - anyone donig it?

Edited: 18/05/2012 at 21:31
18/05/2012 at 21:31
Tampon or towel chaps? Anyone got any strong views???
18/05/2012 at 21:55

After many years of running I think you develop a knack for spotting the good runners especially if you see them warming up. Still, there are certainly a few surprises. Nice run there PMJ- I've never actually won a race. Came 2nd once in a small race but certainly not one with 500 runners. What did you say to the banana as you ran past?

5 miler for me tonight and track tomorrow. I've got a busy week ahead with a 10k on Wednesday and the Sheffield Half a week on Sunday.

Speedy    please NO.

18/05/2012 at 22:17

OO - you'd rather talk about having your crown jewels chopped at? 

PMJ - I always check out the competition at local races, but generally I know the folks who'll be ahead of me by sight. It's the sneaky visitors you have to watch out for. 

18/05/2012 at 22:28
Well I think child birth is a bit like running a marathon, painfull at the time but after a few months you fancy another one.

Periods? Isn't that where you get a little touchy once a month?

See, I'm a modern man, I know stuff.
18/05/2012 at 22:33
Childbirth isn't as painful as a marathon!
18/05/2012 at 22:57

Childbirth, you want the story of #1 which involved the police and flashing blue lights or  #3 which involved the ambulance and flashing lights? #2 was relatively simple, only needed the lamp as she was a little yellow (it's the piss that turns them that colour you know) amd #4 was shelling peas, or so Mrs PMJ tells me.

Periods: 3 teenage daughters and a wife, you know when to keep low.

Fraser Wells wrote (see)

Always used a tampon inside, the big maxiflow ones, and a condom over the outside: only way to keep you rifle clean during exercises and yet ready for use when needed. 

Oh yes, running: 3000m tomorrow at 2:15 and then 3000m steeple chase at 3:40.

MsE
19/05/2012 at 03:03

Periods are a thing of the past since the Mirena coil, Speedy, but that is usually an option for when you have had your first sprog. I can't discuss pelvic floors as it would be rude for Minni  and I to have a private conversation online about that. But it does make racing interesting. And none of mine were like shelling peas, PMJ, but (and this is probably a bit like marathon running), you do understand what pain lies ahead after the first and just shut up and deal with it.  My 2nd and 3rd were drug free and quick and the 4th birth was totally silent with no pain relief again and that was with the induction too making it painful from the start.  We is well 'ard, us wimmin.  <grrrrrrr>

MsE
19/05/2012 at 03:05

Bay To Breakers race for me on Sunday - photos and race report to follow. Planning on racing it (along with those Ethiopians and Kenyans) and then jogging back to catch some interesting sights.  As I can't post photos, can I send my pics to somebody to post for me please?

19/05/2012 at 06:04

Maybe we could arrive at some trans-gender middle ground, something we could all discuss from a first-hand perspective.

So, then - haemorrhoids. They're a bugger, aren't they?

19/05/2012 at 06:06

Good luck on Sunday MsE - can you arrange to get your winner's pics taken from the front this time?

19/05/2012 at 06:54

PMJ - nice running; do you have the banana's splits? Good luck with the racing this weekend.
Jezza - interesting stuff about the fighting mode. Okay for short bursts I guess.
Ant - hope you'll soon be 100%.
SJ - looking good for next Sunday.
MsE - sounds like a cool race tomorrow. Good luck.
Best wishes to anyone else racing this weekend too and take it easy all the Edinburgh crew.
Just did 9 miles, 8:xx m/m for the first 7 then cranked it up a bit for a fast finish, except for a warm-down over last 400-600m. Last mile was 6:4x. 6 runs completed this week for the first time since March 2010!

19/05/2012 at 07:56

Actually MsE, they're a thing of the distant past for me too, thanks to the aforementioned Depo Provera injection (I suggested it as a viable alternative to fellas having scissors wielded in the direction of their bits). And I've never given birth, so can't comment on that one. It just seemed a tad male dominated on here lately 

Off to Parkrun in a mo for a 10k pace blast. 6.22s should do it I think. 

19/05/2012 at 08:01
Fraser Wells wrote (see)

I towel my chappie, tamping would just make it flat.

As for hair removal, I'm keeping mine growly, after these....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Good luck MsE

Gul, Hurrah!  Long may you stay clear of the bench.

19/05/2012 at 08:30
MsE, is bay to breakers the race that lots of folks run in a state of undress? Good luck and looking forward to the photos
19/05/2012 at 09:04

How about face cream- I've been using Nivea but it makes my forehead look shiney. Any ideas?

18,501 to 18,520 of 35,648 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.