Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

18,621 to 18,640 of 38,961 messages
25/05/2012 at 11:08

Bike It - Looking forward to your race report already!

RJ,FW & SJ - Heres hoping the weather behaves and quite envious to be honest! Have a good one!

25/05/2012 at 11:49
Bike it- I had a look on the comrades website yesterday, all looks pretty inspirational. That's a proper long run!! Good luck with it.
25/05/2012 at 13:34

Best of luck to Fraser, Sloaky, Keith and of course RJ in you know where this Sunday. For goodness sakes KINAVIT!!

Got a mental picture of you Fraser wlaking into work pulling a suitcase (albeit small) packed with carbs. Have you got your race morning “exit stratergy” planned after all those carbs>

Great photos and race report MsE. Love the race pci of you chicking that guy. Racing in leggin's like that in a bit of heat is questionable, espically when someone is running naked?

Love the spreadsheet Minni - good bit of work there.

Is there a list on here to get some target races on?

3 mile Club track handicap race tonight, hope it cools down a bit before 7.30!

25/05/2012 at 13:48
I'm number 260. It's a great feeling to have such alot of support from all you chaps n chicks. Why on else would I hang around on here!
I think conditions won't be too bad but suspect it's going to get hot for those still out there well into the afternoon.
Mmmmmm... (more) pasta
25/05/2012 at 14:01
Sweet potato sandwiches with pickled beetroot relish for lunch sitting out on the terrace getting some heat acclimatisation (sun bathing)

#335 keep grinning every time I think about Sunday!

BikeIt, did you see the comrades videos on Marathon Talk's Facebook page - the one with the singing at the start is spine-tingling. You are going to have an incredible time!
25/05/2012 at 14:07

Sweet potato sarnies with beetroot relish?  Now that is what I call dedicated carb loading!

8M in the midday sun for me at a plodtastic 8.18m/m.  Still, it means I can go to the pub tonight

25/05/2012 at 14:27
Just a four mile plod for me at lunch time at 8.30 pace, beat that!

I was planning on giving the newbury park run a go tomorrow, but the winds has picked up a fair bit and I know it will be blowing a gale up on Greenham common and I'm determined to debut with a sub 19!
Also working on most Saturday mornings causes a bit of problem. Planning on getting to work early 6am and then popping out for an hour, couple of miles warm up, spank it for 3.1, half mile warm down, back to work, shower.
Hope no one notices. Sounds a reasonable plan to me.
25/05/2012 at 14:33
moof wrote (see)
Just a four mile plod for me at lunch time at 8.30 pace, beat that!

track with paces of 16:06, 15:39 and 16:27 for the recoveries

and 3x1000 in 3:30 for the fast bits. Very hot and had to abort on a planned 4th

25/05/2012 at 14:43

Best of luck to the Edinburgh Crew! Piss on those chips! 

25/05/2012 at 14:51
Slokey - will your guts survive the marathon?!

RJ - your race number will be easy to spot.
25/05/2012 at 15:36

I should add that 8.18m/m felt like I was working hard enough to be flitting along at 7.45m/m or thereabouts. Bliddy heat!

MsE: "piss on those chips"?!

25/05/2012 at 15:44
I am made of stern stuff Minni. Just knocking back my favourite cocktail of orange LS with a nuun tablet added for some extra zing.

MsE, those chips won't know what's hit 'em!

It is a bit toasty today, decided not to bother running today - it would only feel like overly hard work which isn't good for one's confidence at this late stage.
25/05/2012 at 19:49

Actually the heat's not too much of an issue today. The edge is more than taken off it by the howling gale!

25/05/2012 at 20:55
Just remember the mantra in Edinburgh - DONT BE SH!T
Jase - loving your all-or-nowt target - you can do it given the right weather
Very best of luck all round
BI - be a warrior
Wondering if Ant has had a jiggle today...

I can't open the race list on iPad - Minni could we have a normal version?
25/05/2012 at 20:58

I ran 6 miles in the heat this PM. Well, as close as we get to heat in the North-East. Then I filled my belly with burnt barbie food and bottles of bud. Now thats what I call ideal race prep foe the Sheffield Half on Sunday- not a beetroot in sight.

25/05/2012 at 21:06

RJ, SJ, Fraser - may the road rise before you and the wind be always at your back.  Good luck boys, do yourselves, and us, proud.

25/05/2012 at 21:25

All the best to the Edinburgh crew. 

25/05/2012 at 22:45

No IM yet, Minni. I want to get some decent run times in before I compromise running with tri training.  Am down for a sprint tri with school mums (moms) in a couple of weeks but not unduly worried about that (ie not done any swimming or cycling YET!)

Does anyone know if beetroot tablets are as effective as the juice?  And do you take them all the time or just near race date?  Sorry if this has all been covered before.  Bit out of the loop being in a different time zone.

25/05/2012 at 23:02

MsE great pics,well some of them, face on that guy,wtf chicked again.

Fraser great looking target, know you will smash it good luck.

SJ best of luck you deserve to reach your time too, have a great race.

RJ read your blog, a great read nothing more you can do but "give it some welly" best of luck.

Bike it  good luck too it will be amazing...

25/05/2012 at 23:49

OO, LIke your race pre for Sheffielf Half .

MsE, as far as I know, to get the benefit from beetroot juice it needs to be taken regularly, rather than just 250ml the day before if you get my drift. Most studied suggest a daily dose.

3 mile Club handicap tonight in 18.00 on the nose #frustrated. Was hoping for a 17.xx time, but with a bit of over taking/heat/strong wind on the back straight, I guess I wasn't far off. Managed to get 2 gongs too for 3rd male & fastest male.
Weird thing was the Garmin as it came out at 3.10 miles at an av pace of 5.48 (nice!). But we all know Garmins don't like tracks and sharp corners.

18,621 to 18,640 of 38,961 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.