Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

18,661 to 18,680 of 37,068 messages
24/05/2012 at 21:51

Yes, it's perfectly acceptable, Ant.  But following them home is often frowned upon.
Not always though.  So you might as well give it a go.

That is a terrific finish line photo. But do men really care if they're overtaken by women?
What bloody babies. 

24/05/2012 at 21:51

Now the marathon is out of the way Joolska I'm looking to average 40 miles per week. 50-55 is way beyond temptation for me.   

24/05/2012 at 21:55
Great photos MsE!

I'll post a link to the race list when I'm on my computer tomorrow.

Are the Edinburgh crew on beetroot? Not long to go...
24/05/2012 at 22:36
Ant - tell more, especially about the 7 euro jiggle
MsE -even if the chicking pic weren't so good it would still be a lot better than skunk man -yuk. The guy being chicked can't believe it, ha ha.
Nice running O&O
Fingers crossed for Edinburgh....
Edited: 24/05/2012 at 22:39
24/05/2012 at 22:51
Ant, ???7 is very good value for whatever she's doing to you

Minni, yes the beetroot self-torture has begun - 1st glass tonight forced down followed by LS then some Montepulciano all in the name of race preparation
25/05/2012 at 06:11

Lorenzo - done and dusted. D'oh!
O&O - still a cracking 10k time. Nice pic too. Good luck in Sheffield.
Ant - TENS = transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.
MsE - loving those pics. You're looking very formidable there!
Joolska - great session.
Best wishes to the Edinburgh crew. Pleased to see the weather forecast is for a slighter cooler day on Sunday.
3 easy miles for me this morning. Little toe on right foot very bruised and sore after kicking a chair last night.

25/05/2012 at 06:46

On this beetroot juice business, why do you have to drink the juice? Can't you get the same benefits (and more, presumably) by just eating them whole? The same goes for cherries.

For my 7€ there's no jiggling going on, unless you mean when she yanks (steady...) my legs all over the place. I'd be lying if I said the sessions were unpleasant, though.  I may continue to go even when I'm not injured.

Off to the swimming pool I go.

25/05/2012 at 08:56

The Consistently Consistent Sub 3:15 Race List.

Slokey - no cold baked potatoes this time?

25/05/2012 at 08:59

Very good luck for Eindburgh to Slokey, Fraser and RJ. Hope the weather doesn't get too warm too early!

Ant, as soon as you menioned 'Paula from Argentina' I thought there would be trouble...

Took a leaf from Gul's book and went out of the door at 5.45 this morning to try and avoid the heat. Lovely morning for a run- 8 miles including 3 x 1 mile @ 6:27 average pace.

25/05/2012 at 09:06

MsE - just read your race report.  Very well done!  You seem to me flying since you moved across the pond.   Are you still hoping to do an IM or has this been put on the back boiler for now?

25/05/2012 at 09:13

Chris - She has managed to bring up the subject of the Falklands already! Talk about "don't mention the war!"!!

Nice to get a good run in early doors- good work. See, I can still remember actually running.

25/05/2012 at 09:20

Ant Maybe she mentioned the Falklands because you were talking about Yanks.

MsE Great photos, I am happy only one of the is a close up.

Good luck to all our racers this weekend, especially the mara team.

25/05/2012 at 09:35
Hi Minni, there may be one or two but I've now graduated onto a massive tray of sweet potato wedges which I will eat (cold) over the next 2 days as cheeky snacks - I love 'em Plus I have 3 boxes of Jordan's cereal bars to get through and a crate of LS. Might not have any teeth left by Sunday but I'll be carbed up to the eyeballs.

Ant, I think you'd have to eat a veritable mountain of beetroots to get the same effect but it would taste better than the juice
My regime is Thursday pm - 125ml, Friday and Saturday 3x125ml, Sunday 1st thing 125ml. Which, if my rudimentary maths is correct is the full 1litre carton.

Nice early one there CJ
25/05/2012 at 10:01

I had one sip of commercial beetroot juice and just about threw up. Not my bag at all.

My "packed lunch" for work today comprised a small suitcase of assorted carbs much to everyone's amusement.

Good early work from CJ. Sounds like you need a cold shower and some bromide in your tea before physio sessions Ant

25/05/2012 at 10:02

Good luck to the Edinburgh crew - do yourselves justice.

I'm off up to Shropshire this weekend to be the dutiful son, so no idea whether I'll get to run or not. If I get chance I think the Llangollen Canal towpath beckons as it's beautiful at this time of year.

25/05/2012 at 10:29

Best of luck to the Embra runners.  Do the thread proud and remember you won't have to look a beetroot in the eye for months   I shall be rehearsing on Sunday but may be enough of a geek to take my baby laptop and 3G dongle along to check how you all got on at lunchtime, so, race numbers, please!

25/05/2012 at 10:46

Best Wishes to the Edinburgh runners - believe it and it might just happen.

Leaving work at 12:00 and off home to collect my Family and suitcase and will be in Johannesburg tomorrow.  I'll be at 1600m for 6 days so hopefully I'll get a little altitude boost, although I'm not planning much running. All essential running kit is in my hand baggage.

25/05/2012 at 10:56
Been busy at work for the last week so no posting, and still no running. Now off to a wedding and Twickenham tomorrow to see Tigers beat Quins.

Good luck to everyone racing at the weekend and especially everyone at Edinburgh. Smash it big style!!!!
25/05/2012 at 10:58
Joolska my number says 'Cherriman'

Feeling very good, cant wait to get going.

My target 2:29:59. No a's, B's or c's. Weather is looking 'manageable' at the mo but if it turns I just want to run really well. I'll be able to say honestly whether I did myself justice.
25/05/2012 at 11:03

Goodluck RJ, knock em dead

18,661 to 18,680 of 37,068 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.