Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

18,761 to 18,780 of 37,415 messages
31/05/2012 at 09:57

Poacher - Is that the GUCR? I had a look at their website and they tell you everything except when it is! Anyway, if so, very best of luck.

(Anything but those feet...)

31/05/2012 at 13:15
Poacher wrote (see)
Off to Brum via Kent for the big race - not feeling optimistic so wish me luck. Unless I feel those votes of support coming through the ether I will post another pic of my feet.

Godd luck, good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck..... good luck.

Is that enough to avoid the chiropodist's nightmare picture?!

Seriously though, all the very best for this weekend - I trust you'll be staying on in London for allthe Jubilee dancing and standing around.

For anyone who's not heard of the GUCR (it's this weekend Ant), have a look at this: http://www.gucr.co.uk/ (not sure why the link button isn't working on my PC). You really do have to be a complete nutcase to even think about entering this, let alone doing it

Edited: 31/05/2012 at 13:16
31/05/2012 at 14:23
Good luck with the GUCR, poacher. Nice to see you taking it easy after two back to back marathons!!
31/05/2012 at 16:44
Good luck Poacher!
31/05/2012 at 17:28

Enjoy it Poacher you total mentalist

Is that a knob Minni ? Or an Edinburgh medal ??

Hope the crocked chaps aren't getting too fed up

Swift 5k from you Jools - very nice indeed

31/05/2012 at 17:34

itching for a long run this evening....

31/05/2012 at 18:00
If you can wait till the weekend I know a route for a nice long run....
31/05/2012 at 20:23
The very best of luck to you Mr Poacher Sir!

Sprint the first 200m just for a laugh.
31/05/2012 at 20:38

May scores on the doors for me:

Running: a stunning total of 52 miles, including one sub-20 parkrun

Cycling: 517 miles (2nd highest mileage on record)

C'mon Minni - enlighten us as to what the picture is! 

31/05/2012 at 21:16

Poacher enjoy the GUCR and good luck, thought as you get older you get wiser

Ant may take you up on that run in Southport in july, good luck with your injury.

Lorenzo good cycling mileage, must get my bike out soon.

jools a very nice pb to have, whats the aim for the next one?

31/05/2012 at 21:25
Good bike mileage Lorenzo.

Good luck nutty Poacher. Truly amazing event to even consider. Wow!

Thanks for kind wishes, and good to hear from Joolska that it might not be a long term disaster. Which is what the fizz said in fact - he reckons its a "slight" hamstring strain. On the scale of 1 to 3, he said maybe a half! Still bliddy painful as far as I'm concerned, must have a low pain threshold. Anyway, some massage, ice, some more sessions and I should be fine. And ok to cycle this weekend he says, and should be ok for tri next weekend.

Enjoy the weekend running those that can.
31/05/2012 at 21:41

I think I'd quite enjoy another picture of Poacher's feet...

31/05/2012 at 21:51

Speedy - Don't encourage him, ffs!

Jezza - Glad to hear it isn't anything too serious - just a timely reminder, maybe?

Col - great - hopefully we can work it out (as you say up there). This may turn into Thread Jamboree 2012, the way it's looking!

31/05/2012 at 22:07

behave Speedy.

10 miles tonight- some catching up to do.

31/05/2012 at 22:15

Been away frrom the forum for a few days- and down with flu type symptoms so no running since Sunday...

Well done to everyone who ran a marathon on Sunday, it was a great effort in hot weather whatever your result! And well done Jools on a PB!

Feeling a bit better today, which is good as I am off on warm weather training (holiday! I mean holiday) in Portugal tomorrow for a week...

Oh, and Poacher, you are quite mad...

31/05/2012 at 23:49
Enjoy your hols CJ

Good news Jezza, how long is the distance for your tri?
01/06/2012 at 00:49

Poacher, You taking your fruit headress with you this time? Once a nutter always a nutter.  Good luck.

Shall we run a sweepstake on predicted number of blisters and toenails lost?
Speedy judging by your eagerness to see his feet, you can be the freds 'official manky foot auditor.'

Blisters 6, toenails lost 3.

01/06/2012 at 06:34
SlokeyJoe wrote (see)
Good news Jezza, how long is the distance for your tri?

just a short one SJ - 400m swim, 25km bike, 5km run.  Leg feels remarkably good this am, stil not right but lots better than before the fizz, so fingers crossed Ant's right.  Fizz says my introduction to swimming and my self-confessed dodgy leg kick (from knee rather than hip) is likely to blame, so be careful with your x-training if you're as rubbish, and inflexible, as me.

can't bring myself to think about toenails and blisters too long

happy hols CJ

01/06/2012 at 07:08
Lorenzo - I thought it was obvious? It is of course the Edinburgh marathon medal! How do you wear yours Fraser?!
01/06/2012 at 07:11
Lorenzo - we'll have to be extra careful when posting at the same time now!!!
18,761 to 18,780 of 37,415 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.