Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

18,881 to 18,900 of 38,624 messages
07/06/2012 at 22:27
I like stats.

Mara 6.56 (doh!!! That is starting to bug me)

Half. 6.21

10k 6.08 (PB pace 2010 so doesn't really count)

5k 6.06 (needs a bit of work)

Well after my rollicking from Minni, 6 miles yesterday in torrential rain, 7 miles this morning, one core session and one weights session. Intervals tomorrow.

I was also trying to work out your speed scooby, 4km per hour! Are you running backwards with a pair of wellies on?

Enjoy a few days rest speedy.
07/06/2012 at 23:32
Pretty windy out there at the moment. Might make for interesting running conditions tomorrow morning!
Edited: 07/06/2012 at 23:33
07/06/2012 at 23:35
Go careful on that bike Lorenzo.
08/06/2012 at 00:53
Moof - well done! Pleased you're back at it!

Also-ran - how long till the marathon?
08/06/2012 at 08:38
Moof - it was legs rather than wheels this morning! Later start than normal as I've got a meeting in High Wycombe so I had the luxury of a lie in until just gone 6 then headed out for a run.

Windy, rainy and a few inclines but at just short of 12 miles, it's my first double digit run since VLM.

Good to see you back out there!
08/06/2012 at 09:20

Thanks for pointing out my slightly dubious pacing. Maybe that is why I struggle to stick to it. I meant I try to keep any run below HM pace at sub 4 min per km pace (6:24mm)

Mara 7:12 mm
HM   6:33 mm
10k   is actually a higher av pace than my HM
05k   6:24 

I really believe I have a mental barrier with 4 min km, so much so I couldn't even type it yesterday.

Does Minnis' avatar with Lorenzos' directly below it, look even scarier than they used too? Or is it just me having been away to long?

Edited: 08/06/2012 at 09:22
08/06/2012 at 11:43

First decent run in ages last night. Two fairly quick miles into The Great Park, then the 10k Windsor Great Park Dash course done at the back with the slowest runner, then 2 miles back to the club at about 6:30 pace. So about 11 miles all told, probably my longest run since London. Knee is rather sore today though.

08/06/2012 at 13:38
Olympics excitement alert!!! At the umpteenth time of trying I finally got some athletics tickets today! To add to the "consolation" hockey ones I got way back. Low expectations of success today so shocked when I got 4xtickets for Sat 4th, which includes the 800m of hepthlon and medal ceromony (go Jess!!) And the 10000m final (Go Mo!).

By coincidence today is day to collect my volunteers uniform - in queue for "checkout" now. Rather like it!

Good running all.

Got my little tri (400m/25k/5k) and excited about that too! Although the stupid-oclock-start isn't something I'm looking fwd to.
08/06/2012 at 15:08

JB - Nice tickets! you must be chuffed with them

BOTF & Moof- Nice running - I too need to get back into the longer stuff. New experience of club running (week 2) last night and 12 x 400m reps , between 73 and 77 secs a rep (4.53 - 5.09mm) - quickest I have ever managed and probably too quick but feel ok today. Entered into my first ever 5k on Wednesday - looking forward to it.

08/06/2012 at 15:46

I dread to think how much those cost JB- but well done.

08/06/2012 at 16:35
Lorenzo wrote (see)
Moof - it was legs rather than wheels this morning! Later start than normal as I've got a meeting in High Wycombe so I had the luxury of a lie in until just gone 6 then headed out for a run.

So you didn't fancy popping by for a run while you were in my town?

08/06/2012 at 19:49

Wow - I must admit I assumed that the remaining athletics tickets would be rubbish and didn't even bother looking!  Nice one, Jezza.  

08/06/2012 at 19:52

3 windy miles here. Just a plod pre race day, but I felt very flat.

08/06/2012 at 20:08

Jezza - you lucky so and so. I was on the site at 11.00 and tried to get some, but to no avail. At least my road race viewing tickets arrived today, along with 4 travelcards which are a bit redundant given that we only live about 4 miles away from Box Hill!

Good luck with the tri as well.

PMJ - just a flying visit I'm afraid. Nothing more exciting than a meeting at the Holiday Inn by the M40. Had to delay the start of it as I tried to snap up some remaining tickets but at least it took less time than previous attempts to find out I'd been unsuccessful.

Weather looks OK for a bike ride tomorrow morning so will hopefully head out with older Lorenzito for a few hours.

Highlight of the day in the Lorenzo household seems to have been younger Lorenzito meeting Linford Christie whilst he (younger L) was helping out at an initiative (set up by LC) to encourage people to take up running. 

08/06/2012 at 20:11

Jezza They sound like great tickets. You must be very happy.

Mennania Very pacey reps indeed.

BOTF Hope the knee is ok

5 miles at over 9 in pace, these feel harder than steady runs, plus all the niggles come to the fore. Longish planned tomorrow, as out on a train up some mountains all day Sunday. 

MsE
08/06/2012 at 20:25

Well done, Jezza!  What a fantastic haul!  I had assumed any remaining tickets would be rubbish and so haven't tried to get any for my forthcoming trip in August.  Doh.

08/06/2012 at 20:25
Lorenzo wrote (see)

PMJ - just a flying visit I'm afraid. Nothing more exciting than a meeting at the Holiday Inn by the M40. Had to delay the start of it as I tried to snap up some remaining tickets but at least it took less time than previous attempts to find out I'd been unsuccessful.

So that is 200m from my house ...

08/06/2012 at 20:38
Yep, a great session and the one I tried for in first round, and second round, so well chuffed. Back then I went for cheapest possible, but decided to go for broke this time as so fed up with not getting them before. Still a complete lottery/rubbish system but yep, I'm very very pleased to have got some. Still jealous of your cycling tickets Lorenzo, not least the test event you went to at velodrome - that was another one I tried and failed to get.

Enjoy your runs/bikes tmw, will let you know how the tri goes. Wet and windy I expect.
08/06/2012 at 20:48

MsE - do you want some hockey tickets for 10 August? We've got 4 (2 adults + 2 kids) but we're off on holiday that day.

Jezza - c'mon, let's see a picture of you in your uniform. 

Edited: 08/06/2012 at 20:49
08/06/2012 at 21:05
Last attempt to make my Marathon on Sunday.

After trying everything else, I went for some Dry Needling today. Feels like a massive release of tension / knots in the calf. Had the calf all KT taped up, and tomorrow will run 2 or 3 miles to see how effective the latest placebo treatment is

Hopefully will get to enjoy 26 miles of torrential rain, hills, and gale force winds.
18,881 to 18,900 of 38,624 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.