Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

18,941 to 18,960 of 38,188 messages
11/06/2012 at 15:42

Yeah, I'm embracing the CNBA. Faffing on the computer then plan to watch some stuff I've got on Sky+. Rest is good!

11/06/2012 at 17:46
MsE congrats on the tri performance
Gul congrats on surviving Carry on Camping
CC congrats on retaining your hearing faculties
Also Ran's conversion is indeed impressive but it also shows that the HM PB is soft - should be able to knock quite a few minutes off that

First "proper" run for a week this afternoon, 6.3m @ 7.30mm. Discovered a lurking injury, strained muscle at the top of the thigh, bit annoying really and feels like it will take a while to heal. Quite irritating, but really I've got off lightly under the circs.

GFA application in the post today - have you all remembered to send yours off? Needs to be done by the middle of July i think.
11/06/2012 at 18:14
I have a few HM's lined up for summer / autumn. My HM PB was early in the training. Yesterday I went out a minute quicker on a tougher course. Hoping for 1:25 as the next stepping stone.

Today was a relaxing 10 mile coastal walk - 2 ice creams in 6:40
11/06/2012 at 20:07

Jezza and MsE very nice Tri performances.

AR Stunning performance, given you were originally after 3:30, plus the injuries over the last few weeks and a hilly course. Very impressive indeed.

Had a very sporty day yesterday, watching football, tennis and motor racing all at the same time. Very tough work out.

Rest day today, another attempt at sub 20 min 5k tomorrow.

11/06/2012 at 20:16
Good luck tomorrow Scooby!

Well done on your tri return MsE, that sounds like a tiring swim leg.

Jezza, congratulations on your tri debut, very impressive to work your way through the field. It sounds like there are big gains to be had with your doggy paddle too!

AR, that is a great result. Very well done to you sir! Sounds like with a bit more of the same for your next campaign and you'll be well under 3
11/06/2012 at 20:17
Great performance AlsoRsn..sounds like the injury gremlin was thrashed into submission

And nice virginal tri from jezza. easy to see where your trengths lie!
11/06/2012 at 20:42

I posted mine last week Poacher- what a relief. 3 miles walking with the poles this evening. I'm planning an easy week but my first ever park run is on Saturday. Then a 6.5 mile race the following Wednesday.

You deserve a treat AR!

11/06/2012 at 22:17

I note that the VLM site still says for Champs entries to 'check back at the end of May'. Erm, it's mid June now...

12/06/2012 at 04:55

Catch-up Part I (31/05 to 03/06)
PMJ - hope you haven't done any damage; rest should sort you out.
Poacher - hope all is ok after the DNF in the GUCR.
Lorenzo - good job you don't have to replace the bike after every 500 miles
Jezza - hope you can make the triathlon "next" weekend.
Birch - keep resting that knee.
Good parkruns from Jools, Speedy and KR.
RJ - well done on the 5 miler PB.
KR - be careful - that's a lot of quality runs per week; seems to be paying off at the moment though!
Bike It - huge congratulations on the sub 9 Comrades. That's a tremendous achievement.
Right off for a 5 mile bimble, then walking the in-laws dog who's staying with us for 2-3 weeks.

12/06/2012 at 09:19

Quick pop in to say I just received this message:

<span style="color: #222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969);">Thank you for completing your 2013 Virgin London Marathon ill or injured entry. We can confirm that you now have an entry for the 2013 Virgin London Marathon.

Happy days.

I'm not planning to run a marathon before then. Still duathlon focused. Only been back running for past 3 - 4 weeks but keen to work on 5- 10k times over the summer.  I came 6th in a local off road muddy 10k on Sunday and won a duathon the week before, so the form is still around. As I am not focused on the 26.2 I probably won't be on this thread much before Xmas, but looking forward to the build for next year.

Keep up the good work y'all 

12/06/2012 at 11:35

Strangely enough I received one of those messages yesterday as well Keir

Sounds like your form and winning habits are holding up nicely.

Some outstanding training and results being posted on here since I last posted.  It feels like like everyone is getting faster whereas I seem to be getting slower

I'm base building at the moment - just ticking along on 5/6 5 mile runs per week.  Hoping to build gradually and target some shorter races in the Autumn before turning the thoughts to London in 2013.

Keep up the good work everyone

12/06/2012 at 12:18

Oooh, can't be bad knowing your place is confirmed already.

SBD- sounds like a fair strategy if you don't have the time or inclination to do more. I suspect 2013 will be a tough year for me. i may have to work abroad again. So I'm filling my diary to make 2012 a bumper year.

12/06/2012 at 13:47

Speedy,

I think VLM Towers must be lurking on the thread; now says to check back at the end of July, so they clearly want to process GFA entries before dealing with Champs ones.

5M easy last night and hopefully club session this evening.  Feeling slightly less lethargic so fingers crossed any potentially lurgy has been beaten before it had a chance to surface.

Gul: simply reading the time at which you posted made me feel tired.  Chapeau.

12/06/2012 at 21:26

Oooh, I feel all important 

12/06/2012 at 22:13

Catch-up Part II (04/06 to 08/06)
Poacher - 100M PB - you don't hear that too often. Amazing effort in horrendous conditions. Definitely the right decision however disappointing it must have been. Take care and recover well.
PMJ - good to see you've been resting a bit and now back in the groove.
MsE - looking very good for the SF mara.
OOLG - nice going with the Jubilee challenge.
Jools - nice speed work, whatever the actual distance.
Speedy - weird pains there. Hope it was a one off. Trapped nerve sounds likely.
KR - speedy 7 miler there.
Lorenzo - don't sweat it. I'm sure you'll be knocking out the fast stuff once more soon enough.
PMJ - nice stats. And in any case, faster isn't always better when it comes to training.
As for me:
5k 6:22
10k 6:36
HM 7:01
M 14:30
Mennania - very nice reps; good luck with the 5k.
AR - great news on the calf; hope it works out now for you.
SJ - sounds like an interesting plan; looking forward to hearing how you get on with it.

12/06/2012 at 23:22

Thanks for the heads up on the GFA Poacher - must check out the website and get it sorted.

I thought my computer clock was playing up there Gul seeing a post from you thinking it said 02.13 as you normally post early doors!

Got my race number pinned on my vest for a midweek 5 miler in Coventry tomorrow night. Looking forward to that as I'm targeting a few shorter distances this summer.

12/06/2012 at 23:27

Hi Poacher / OO - can you tell me what VLM accept as proof of the GFA time. Will a sceen shot of the online results do them such as http://www.thewalesmarathon.com/results.asp

Joolska - I've been following your summer of speed posts. I am going to dip my toe into the 5k world by going to some Park Runs. Primarily training will be geared to half marathons, but can you recommend a good interval session to help with speed on a 5k. Any suggestions welcomed

Edited: 12/06/2012 at 23:29
13/06/2012 at 07:15

AR, I sent a print of the results page plus my VLM cerificate. Glorious day here- shame I have to work it would be perfect for a morning run

13/06/2012 at 08:06
Some impressive multi sport performances out there at the moment - congrats to MsE, Jezza and Keir (you can still hang around this thread even if you've not got a marathon in the diary until next year!)

Have scrapped plans for a tri this year as I'm taking advantage of the good weather (ha ha!) to spend time on the bike and will then attempt to get the swimming up to scratch over the winter. Not yet entered any duathlons, but very tempted to give the Ballbuster another go. Keir - do you fancy this one?

AR - I also just printed off a copy of the results page, plus I think you have to send proof of age as well.

Managed a couple of very scenic runs the last couple of mornings. 7 miles yesterday around Harlech ending up at the castle followed by a very steep descent to the hotel I was staying in, followed by a 4 mile plod up the hills overlooking Betws-y-Coed. Lovely and sunny yesterday up in North Wales, in stark contrast to my office where the road outside was apparently flooded and closed. C'est la vie!
13/06/2012 at 09:35
Also Ran - as noted above it's snail mail, print out the relevant result plus a photocopy of stg to prove your age (passport, driving licence) and post to VLM with a note requesting a GFA form. If they accept the evidence above they send a small purple paper form which you submit along with a cheque before the deadline. That's all. Then get ready to watch out for purple fairies etc.

Lorenzo there is a lot of steep stuff around the Harlech area - training for the Picnic? BTW have you been to CC Onich nr Fort William. Fabulous waterfront location, super place.
18,941 to 18,960 of 38,188 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.