Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

19,121 to 19,140 of 38,999 messages
20/06/2012 at 18:54
BI - as Lorenzo says, and there are actually loads more ultras once you start looking. We have a couple of tip top hilly ones in the Peak District in autumn - the High Peak 40 and Bullock Smithy 56. Commercially organised ultras can be stupidly expensive - worth checking out the LDWA for its challenge events which are good value.

I was joking about the Lakeland 100 - it looks like an absolute beast and probably far harder than Comrades.....

Nice work PMJ, you are flying faster than ever.
20/06/2012 at 20:28

Just had a quick scan back. Mad week in work, getting ready for "guests" arriving next week. Everything that could break has broken.

Some stonking times and nice trophies and immpressive PB s. However 2 special mentions

MsE Try and stay relaxed and get it looked at asap.

BikeIt Absolutly stunning and emotional report. Truely inspirational. Put me on the must do comrades list.

I have still been ticking over, coming in at 43 miles last week. This included a 9 miler with middle 5 at 6:49 pace, we live in hope.

20/06/2012 at 21:09

Scooby - quality from you - I'll wager it's my shirt that's giving you the edge...

Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)

I was back in 7th at the back of a group of 4 behind 3 spaced out leaders.

Shocking - I sincerely hope they were drug-tested. Well done on a speedy PB, though!

20/06/2012 at 22:12

Congrats on the PB PMJ, fantastic racing, and thanks for the heads-up. Just need to convince my wife that I am not going to be flattened by some drunken reveller in the wee small hours of a Saturday night/Sunday morning in the pitch black backwaters of West Norfolk and then I'll sign up!

20/06/2012 at 22:18

Nice speedy running there PMJ, what WAVA does that give you? Must be good!

21/06/2012 at 06:54

39:02 for 6.54  mile race tonight. That's 5.55 per mile on the Garmin. It was hot and sticky and a bit uneven in places on the river path so a bit slower than I hoped. But 40 seconds improvement on last year and 18th overall (4th Vet) in a quality field of 300+.

21/06/2012 at 07:18
CC2 - Speedy Goth wrote (see)

Nice speedy running there PMJ, what WAVA does that give you? Must be good!

Just looked it up: 80.2% yippee! Aim for this year is to get a bunch of 80% or more.

Had a dream with Minni and the Real Relay in it last night: that auto suggestion is really powerful isn't it?

OO good results there, sub 6 pace is always a nice place to be and with form like that it is hardly surprising you are placing well.

21/06/2012 at 07:39

PMJ & OO are flying! 

Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)
Had a dream with Minni and the Real Relay in it last night: that auto suggestion is really powerful isn't it?

Did it feature a huge baton....? 

21/06/2012 at 08:25

Well done, PMJ and OO.

I'm feeling left out.  I haven't dreamt about any forumites.  Ever.

21/06/2012 at 10:39

very impressive runs PMJ and OO.  I'd love a sub 18 5k, although right now I'd love any 5k!

my injury woes continue, and the fizz is finding it difficult to work out why its happening.  He reckons there's no muscle damage in the hammies but they tighten up horribly so something's triggering it, he just can't work out what.  Suspision is its my cr@p swimming but I can do that without pain, aim has to be to improve style and keep jogging.

seperately, I did promise a while back to posy pics of tri for MsE (good luck with your injury btw) - in attached http://gallery.sussexsportphotography.com/advsearch.tlx?advsearchid=1340273436&pictureid=18554517 

21/06/2012 at 13:03

Please all think of Joolska before you go to sleep tonight- then she might feature..

I'll be trying for a sub-18 at the parkrun Saturday Jezza, my aim too.  

21/06/2012 at 13:34

Jezza - sorry to hear of your ongoing injury woes. I have a sneaking suspicion that my poor swimming technique has at least contributed to muscle strains in the past.
OOlg - here's hoping you'll smash sub 18 this weekend. I'd settle for somwhere around 19:30 given have a chance.
Having spoken to my support team, I have now signed up for the Real Relay - Clenchwarton to Sandringham leg at 23:10 on 7th July. I now need to get a headtorch!

21/06/2012 at 14:03
Brilliant Gul!
21/06/2012 at 15:30
Nice one Gul, take a shotgun too and you could poach some pheasants from Her Majesty's estate too
21/06/2012 at 15:54

Nice leg bagged there Gul. Make sure you have a look at their facebook page (other social media sites are also available) as the baton is more like a light sabre than your typical relay baton and a shotgun in one hand and that in the other is going to seriously compromise your stride pattern.

I am getting nervous about the relay so anyone running it, please put in 9 minute miles and not 10. It gets to Oxford at about 1pm on Thursday July 12th and I am flying to the USA early on the 13th. The section I really want is Henley to Bisham which is 30 mile after Oxford so 6pm Thursday night, all possible but I can't afford the time to slip.

21/06/2012 at 16:02

Apparently the baton is quite heavy.

21/06/2012 at 16:58

PMJ - looks to be running behind schedule at the moment by 40mins or so. I'll put in a quick leg for you if you like. I did check and I'm not preaching on the Sunday morning, so plenty of time in hand. As for the baton, a light sabre would be really handy for me. Save the bother of sorting out a headtorch, anyway! I've also just realised that 7th July is one of the town free music festival nights on the market place, so I could be battling my way through the crowds. Hmmm. On second thoughts, I might avoid the town centre.

21/06/2012 at 17:24

Great news Gul - please tell me that's not you in that photo!!

21/06/2012 at 17:37

Great news on the real relay legs.  I'm hoping (having not cottoned on until after the RR had passed through Brizzle) that I can bag a leg somewhere near Reading and crash at my parents' house afterwards.  If the torch is that heavy, crash may be the operative word!

21/06/2012 at 18:25
Yikes, the baton looks oversized. But if it's hollow it could be a handy food dispenser - the right shape for a selection of spring rolls, tubes of Smarties, tins of Red Bull, maybe a bunch of asparagus. Or put a cork in each end, with some gravel inside, and it's the worlds first Olympic didgeridoo.

BTW Gul the head torch often recommended and still decent value is the Alpkit Gamma - available online.
19,121 to 19,140 of 38,999 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.