Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

19,201 to 19,220 of 37,724 messages
24/06/2012 at 17:22

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/646024/gallery/photo-2.jpg?width=350

ha - just worked out how to post photos (although rotated 90 degrees!) - aftermath of aforementioned spill

24/06/2012 at 17:25
. Double post
Edited: 24/06/2012 at 17:26
24/06/2012 at 17:42
One word slokey.... Stabilizers.

Nice ultra run, also ran.

Great racing from PMJ, OO earlier in the week and a great win for speedy.

Nice running from you too efc-col.

Congrats to all torch bearers.

14 miles for me this morning and 47 for the week. Feels about right sort of mileage for me including a couple of speed work sessions.

I'm going down to the local AC track (newbury ac) on Tuesday night for a trial run. See how I fair running intervals with other people. I'll have a rest day tomorrow so I'm in tip top shape, want to make a good first impression.

Come on England!!!
24/06/2012 at 18:03
SlokeyJoe takes one for the bike. He must really love that bike.

Come on Slokey, get those legs waxed and take the cycling seriously.
24/06/2012 at 18:23
Waxing?? I'm a northerner!! You'll have me plucking my eyebrows next!
24/06/2012 at 19:16

ouch that looks sore.

24/06/2012 at 19:20

Ant - we sometimes have visitors joining us at the club and they are most welcome.  They often seem a bit surprised when we head to the hills with wine and haribos.  I don't know what they expect...

MsE - really sorry about your injury.  Sit tight and get it better.

PMJ - I had pf for about a year (last year).  Running didn't make it any worse and resting didn't make it any better.  I learnt to live with it.  Doing stretches before you get out of bed helps first thing in the morning.   Eventually it just disappeared and hasn't come back.

Chris Saynor wrote (see)

Minni wrote (see)

I'm going to confess my dream last night.... I dreamt that I arrived at my usual spot for starting my 3 mile morning run to find Speedy and Chris Saynor there to join me!!!  wtf?   

Anyway onto more important things...me, speedy and minni all in the same dream - please tell me more 

I'll save it for Chandos!

The baton wasn't that heavy.  It seemed a bit cumbersome to begin with but once I found a comfortable position to carry it it was fine.  Some of the others offered to carry it but I wasn't letting go!   Slokey I tried to work out how it would glow in the dark and I must admit I'm not convinced!   Here is the report and pics.

25/06/2012 at 08:16

OOlg - nice LSR and baton spot.
SD - that sounds like a tough one; well done.
EFC-Col - good sub 40 considering the uphill mudbath on a windy day.
AR - poacher better watch out or else he'll lose his thread nutter status.
SJ - take care now.
Moof - good week completed. Hope you get on OK with Newbury AC.
Minni - great report; sounds like you had fun. I'm pleased to hear the baton isn't too heavy.
Pushed for time this morning and left calf felt a bit tight, so I swapped today's session for tomorrow's easier run and did 6 steady miles. Dog going home today or tomorrow, thank goodness.

25/06/2012 at 09:18
Gul, I got lucky and got 4 tickets for the men's 100m final, think it is also women's 400m final too on the same night.
25/06/2012 at 11:10
Chris - you lucky, lucky so and so! I'm checking every day as new tickets keep coming available. It's not quite the 100m final, but I managed to get 4 tickets today for the Wheelchair Rugby finals - am hoping the rest of the family are OK with this or I'll be in trouble!

Love the report Minni. Still waiting for the baton places to reach Surrey.

8 miles through the woods this morning - perfect running conditions. Fairly muddy and hilly, so was quite pleased with an average pace of around 8:05 min / mile.
25/06/2012 at 11:58
Nice one Chris! Don't pop out for a burger when the 100m is on, 9.5 seconds is easily missed. (like penalties apparently)

Sensible running there Gul. How do you feel your overall comeback is coming on? You've been very patient so far.

Good luck on the track work Moof! Wish we had a track round here, I think the nearest is 30miles away
25/06/2012 at 12:08

Slokey, having seen the price of the burgers, there is no way I will be tempted

25/06/2012 at 12:09

Minni, great report and photos. Pity the England flag got lost en route, I will try another one when it gets down this way, seems there are a lot lying round unwanted today, don't know why. The PF seems to be responding to rolling with a champagne cork, others said golf or tennis ball but I didn't have any of those. I did an easy 5 yesterday to check out the real relay route as it needs to stay on one side of the Thames where I normally cut across, Took my son and he had fun on his bike in the mud and puddles and I got to hose it down and oil it afterwards. Went out to the ballet in the afternoon as my wife and daughter were performing but didn't see any of those heavy drinking types Jools was alluding to in the arty arena.

25/06/2012 at 12:42

I tried the tennis ball underfoot and it feels good- let's see if it is effective but no reaction to the 17 mile run .

25/06/2012 at 12:44

Ant - You great big pretend Spanish maniac.  There's absolutely no need for coffer swelling.  I can sort you out with the local club sessions.  I'll send you an email.

PMJ - Did you say that your previous achilles problems were resolved with "heavy running"?  If that really works, then I might have to give it a go. I've tried everything else.

I loved Gul's parkrun report - "I'd settled into 5th place, but in the last 100m I heard someone flying up behind me and pulled over to let them past".

That preacher man's an animal.

25/06/2012 at 13:06

PMJ: I don't know many ballet types, but I've always assumed they aren't the heaviest of beer drinkers, either in terms of bodyweight or volume consumed...  I think your type of drinking sounds quite fun, if what you had to hand was a champagne cork!

25/06/2012 at 13:06

Ouch Slokey, did the blood miss your white socks?

Good to read your blog Minni about your baton journey. Glad you had the duty of bringing it into England.

25/06/2012 at 13:23

CS - that's great - almost as lucky as England.
Lorenzo - nice run in the woods. Weather was almost perfect here too first thing.
SJ - very pleased so far. No more races lined up at the moment, but will probably cut down on the intensity in another month or two and start building up the mileage again.
PMJ - champagne cork! How the other half live  Sounds like you're having a great time with the family. We spent most of the weekend in the garden and it's finally starting to look a bit less like a wilderness.
TAR - doesn't sound too competitive, does it? I did resist the temptation to apologise for getting in his way, though

25/06/2012 at 14:30
PMJ, try rubbing some caviar on it and applying a gold leaf poultice - should do the trick!

The socks survived KR although my Garmin has a chunk take out of the bezel but it is still, like me, fully functional

Good news on the ongoing improvement Gul, won't be long before you are elbowing toddlers and the infirm out of the way to eek out a couple of seconds on your next park run PB attempt. Repeat after me "I am a TIGER!! Grrrrrr"
25/06/2012 at 15:53

Gul I ran my first parkrun a week or so ago. I was a bit surprised how competitive I got at the end of the race when a few sprint finishers tried getting past. I could do with some of that in the rest of my running.

Good to see the baton write up Minni.  Maidenhead has now been signed for the olympic torch route. Hope to catch that along with the Endurance life runner. I think Maidnhead is the leg after PMJ hands over

So last week was all about easing back into my running after the marathon and to get the muscles loosened out. Had planned a few easy runs. The week ended up as Run 56, Walk 33. Feel like I've gone 3 weeks backwards in recovery.

19,201 to 19,220 of 37,724 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.