Sub 3h15

For anyone trying to crack the 3h15 barrier anywhere in the world

19,321 to 19,340 of 35,632 messages
27/06/2012 at 23:36

You are very funny Speedy....

28/06/2012 at 08:44

Lorenzo  - well done on bagging the water polo and table tennis tickets; hope your persistence pays off with the athletics and the Real Relay too. Fortunately, my wife was at home to sign for our tickets. Row 76 somwhere near the middle of the bend before the home straight (sorry, I'm not up on track terminology!)
Speedy - never mind; better luck with the remaining races.
Enjoying reading all the Sports Day stories.
MsE - feel for you.
Decided to do the hill reps after all this morning. So 3 mile warm-up there, 5 x 90s hill reps and 3 mile warm-down back. And the dog is definitely going home today!

Edited: 28/06/2012 at 08:45
28/06/2012 at 08:54

Fame at last!

http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/news/local-headlines/pauline-takes-relay-baton-into-england-1-2377226

(Is anyone else having trouble with links?)

More miles on the bike this morning - getting quite warm by the time I got into the office.

28/06/2012 at 13:32

Lorenzo - how did you come across that?!! Do you lurk a lot on local newspaper sites?! Its actually been in a few local papers and since our club has appointed a press release officer I seem to have been in regularly for the last few months.  On the back of this I've had a phone call from a company this morning wanting to sponsor our club. This gets complicated because we are the most unprofessional club in the country and don't really need money for anything.  Our idea of a session involves copious amounts of alcohol rather than running....!   I need to give this careful thought. 

28/06/2012 at 18:23
Minni wrote (see)

This gets complicated because we are the most unprofessional club in the country and don't really need money for anything.  Our idea of a session involves copious amounts of alcohol rather than running....!   I need to give this careful thought. 

I think I see a solution: use the money to buy alcohol: free beer is the best beer.

Dipping in and out at the moment, the PF flares and eases so it is a few days on, set a few good times, then hobble downstairs. Best part of 8 today at 7 minute pace: running easy but the heat and humidity made it feel hard afterwards. Total for the year is 1,195 miles so I need 5 before the end of June to keep up the 200 a month average.

28/06/2012 at 19:55

I have man flu, so a couple of days' enforced rest with me.  At present, could probably attempt some very gentle jogging, but erring on the side of caution.

28/06/2012 at 20:37

Next Stages of Real Relay should have been up at 8:30pm tonight.   So far not up

28/06/2012 at 20:46

up now Bike it.

28/06/2012 at 20:53

Got signed up for Winchester Cathederal to Stockbridge - the posh part of North Hampshire.  Pity it is that way round as there is a brilliant cake shop in Winchester.  I guess I'll just have to scoff-and-go.

Still stages available to Dorset

Edited: 28/06/2012 at 21:16
28/06/2012 at 22:06

Minni - don't you know I've got your name on an alert for every time you appear in a  news article!! 

Seriously though, I googled "real relay" as I couldn't remember the website address and there you were. Couldn't resist the temptation to make everyone aware of a media star in our midst. 

Still nothing up there for our neck of the woods.

Go easy Jools - don't want to make things worse. 

Rather warm on the journey back home, but managed a sub 1:20 ride for the first time. Does that count towards PBs for the year?

28/06/2012 at 22:32

Grrr. GB Internationals both appear to be running the full series. Nemesis beat me again too, but she's running so well at the moment so that's to be expected. So the best I can hope for is 4th, which will only just cover the entry fee. Team prize looks increasingly unlikely as our 2nd counter from Tuesday missed the start tonight by over 4 mins due to traffic for the torch relay, which was in the city centre tonight.

I did manage to beat Pink Vest and Unattached Lady. Didn't spot Nearly Collapsed on the Line but I suspect she was in no shape to run tonight given the state of her on Tuesday. Will have to wait for the results to come out tomorrow to find out if I beat PV and UL by enough to get ahead of them on aggregate time. 

Annoyingly the race was short at only 2.92 miles instead of the advertised 5k, so that makes it even harder to get much of a gap. And even more annoyingly, I was beaten by that little boy I outsprinted in last Friday's mile race. Oh the shame. 

It was very hilly and the mixed terrain included long grass, short grass, trail, tarmac, mud and giant puddles. I finished in 18.58. No idea what that translates to over the full 5k, but it was only 6.30 pace, which is frankly rubbish. 

28/06/2012 at 23:22

Just a quick scan back. Media stars, semi professional and man flu.

Got back home this evening. School sports day tomorrow, but no parents allowed, I feel slightly too disappointed than should be natural. Found out I have a wedding on Saturaday as well. Need to get hair cut tomorrow, hopefully get a run in as well.

Too much wine this evening, which explains the above paragraph.

29/06/2012 at 06:33

Minni - good article. Spend the money wisely
PMJ and Jools - get well soon.
Bike It - that's great news! I've just had an email with the contact details of the other relayers before and after me.
Speedy - conditions sound fair from ideal so better than it appears, I think.
SD - bad news on the Sports Day.
Dog went home yesterday, so decided to have a lie-in in this morning and a rest day

29/06/2012 at 07:34

Speedy - kids eh?!  Should be banned!

OO - did you survive the storm yesterday - what a nightmare.  I had a race planned that was cancelled so went out to do a session on my own and found myself wading through floods up to my bottom in places.  By accounts on the radio and TV it was much worse down your way.   Any news on the GNR?

Bike it - well done on the relay place.

29/06/2012 at 07:46
Minni, is it raining in the north east? One of my offspring set off on his DofE expedition bright and early yesterday morning over to somewhere in Northumbria. Sounds like that was bad timing!

Nice one BikeIt. I'm looking forward to my relay leg tonight

Scooby, why don't they allow parents? Sounds a bit odd.

Keep clawing that gap back Speedy

Don't you fancy getting your own dog now Gul? They are pains to look after but I bet you'll miss your 4 legged visitor
29/06/2012 at 07:52

OMG Slokey.  Where is he?  Its been total gridlock.  Horrendous floods everywhere.

29/06/2012 at 08:10

Decided that the real relay legs available over the weekend of 13/14 July were a bit too far from anyone I know to do and so no RR for me.  Heigh ho.

What a non-summer we're having - I can't remember the last time we had so many episodes of flooding in a few months!

29/06/2012 at 09:01
Wow Minni have you seen the pics of cars floating down the street in Alnwick....never seen anything like it, are you OK up in hillbilly land? It's terrible when the strings on those duelling banjos get wet.

SJ - hope all is OK - DofE expeditions should have pretty good safety parameters and sensible get out options shouldn't they

CC you are such a hard competitor....very impressive
29/06/2012 at 12:33

I left work at 6pm Minni and gave up and turned back- that took 2 hours. Then I finally left when the Tyne tunnel re-opened and got in at 11:15pm (having started work at 7am). O think it's the most extreme but localised weather the area has seen in recent memory. So 2 days now without a run now.

The only good news is that I avoided my day trip to France todayand did it by VC, so I should be home for a long run this PM. Parkrun tomorrow, then 10km next Wednesday. Tynedale 10k.   

29/06/2012 at 12:44
Dony know where he is Minni, somewhere up there in the hills with a tent. At least he'll have a story or two
19,321 to 19,340 of 35,632 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.