sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

32,921 to 32,940 of 67,249 messages
XCR
31/01/2009 at 18:17
Hmmm.. that kinda means its not a good pace then cos i was in the loo for about 10 minutes
31/01/2009 at 19:32
Good running XCR and don't worry about the stops. It was difficult out there today becuase of the cold wind. Not sure why you were in the loo for 10 minutes but but I think that justifies pressing the pause button......on the watch I mean not what you were doing
31/01/2009 at 20:47

Good luck for Watford, Susan .  And excellent computer moving.  I know what you mean - you can't just move something. It reveals dust and rubbish and all sorts that needs sorting out.  Today I mainly massaged.  Just nice to help people.  Another friend today was whizzing her head round like an owl because she could actually look in both directions properly for a change! .

Smeagol - how did you know I'd had a couple of G&Ts? You must be psychic. We used to have friends in NY.  When we first entered it about four years ago AR got a place (I didn't) and we were going to stay with friends in Connecticut and commute in on the train. Sadly his bank moved him back to the UK and AR pulled out. That would have been much nicer than a hotel. 

In a way I'd like to wait until we're rich enough for me to do it with a lovely hotel where me and the kids can stay for about a week without scrimping.  <Hen drifts off into lovely reverie>

XCR - I generally turn my Garmin off if I'm not being serious.  Nearer the race I tend to treat it a bit more like the race and don't stop.  Why do you need to stop to eat gels?

How did tonight go at work Howard?  Did the Lord like it?

XCR
31/01/2009 at 21:32
LOL smeags... The stop in total was getting on for 10 but wasn't n loo entire time.

AH - I don't need to stop, I guess I'm being lady and taking t as an opportunity to stop. That's why I was asking cos I think I've been a but naughty really by stopping. Next week I go shorter and then 20 the follow so maybe I will try and do tue 20 and keep my watch on.
XCR
31/01/2009 at 21:35
Oops ... Lazy not lady! It's this iPhone it has excellent predictive text for poor typing on what is very small keyboard but can lead to some classic mistakes
01/02/2009 at 10:06
The show went really well and th Lord was pleased. The sound dept got even more praise from him yesterday so we are all really made up about it all. I don't think the song is a winner though.
01/02/2009 at 12:13

Amen, Howard.

Wonder how Susan's half went?

Just been out for another hour's run.  Am so enjoying the running without watch.  Today I planned my route and, because I did an hour yesterday, only planned 40 mins or so today.  But I got to a junction and thought - oh, I'll go the longer way.  And I did that one more time, too.  So I ended up doing an hour.

BUT. Knee now feels vile and foot feels crap. Really have to keep off my feet for a week to see if that helps.  It helped after skiing when I was at college for a week. So.  Must be sensible.  That track sesh on Tues has a lot to answer for.   I need a massage!

Off to  Southampton shopping now with C.  School skirt, sensible school shoes that orthotics will fit into but are still cool and not 'sad'  (a thankless task I think).Can't wait! 

XCR - I thought when you stopped cos you were  a lady that you were stopping to pee!

01/02/2009 at 12:31

Some good running going on as ever.

Howard - which act won? I missed it. Sorry .

Running club for me and OH on Wednesday night (c. 3 miles) and yesterday morning (c. 5 miles), so OH has now done 5 club sessions in 2 weeks. And she's now reading my RW mag on a regular basis instead of Murder Mystery books like she normally does .

10 miles for me this morning - longest run since Hastings Mara back in December. Cold and very strong north-easterly wind here on the South coast, but felt really good and at least on the home leg the wind was behind me. 1:21:58 (8:12mm) so well pleased with that and now fairly confident for Tunbridge Wells Half in 2 weeks' time.

Still haven't booked another Mara and to be honest don't think I will for the timebeing. Just enjoying running when I want to and for how long/far I want to.

01/02/2009 at 12:37

Well done Howard on great sound engineering. Did you go out and celebrate? GB always does badly in Eurovision so no supprise you don't think it is a winner!

01/02/2009 at 12:45

Well done Didds on your 10 miler. It is much colder and windier than when I did mine yesterday so I bet your glad to back in the warm. Good news re OH taking more interest in running. All mine does is complain about putting on a few pounds so when I suggest running is the best way of burning calories and show her the stats from my Garmin I sill get a "No I'm not going out running".

What time are you lookoing for at Tonbridge half?

XCR, I have trouble on a normal keyboard so using a phone to type would take me ages to post.

Hen, well done on your hour run. How far did you go. With your knee and foot problems isn't a good idea to get some advice and rest?

XCR
01/02/2009 at 12:51
Good luck on the non-sad skirt front AH and of course I am a lady
Hope susan had a good run!
When is it on HRR? What is your next big project?

So many abnormal people on here. That is a compliment by the way. We've got Mrs 'Little John' Kennedy and Mr sound engineer of the BBC, runners world article writers and to cap it all we've got Mr I don't run umbongo!
01/02/2009 at 12:57
Glad I'm not abnormal
XCR
01/02/2009 at 14:07
I couldn't think of the appropriate word smeagol but it was meant in a nice way!
XCR
01/02/2009 at 14:16
Just re read my initial 'abnormal' post andthe Tongue in cheek jest gets a little lost. I meant intersting and unusual, afterall I don't know any wives of established actors apart from on here. However as usual I've managed to goof my post!
01/02/2009 at 14:18
May of had a few beers last night!  Eorovision is sometime in May.
01/02/2009 at 15:17

HRR - fantastic praise from the Lord!

XCR - I too stop my watch on every possible occasion I can drink and run but not do gels and if we have to stop for some reason I do tend to stop it. Makes me feel better anyway.....You're doing really high mileage this time, what's going to be your longest run? I have got to do 16 miles in a few weeksna already dreading it. C has promised to do 16 miles but won't do 18 and 20 LSR's as she not doing FLM, although I am hoping to bribe her later on. If not she'll have to cycle next to me!

AH - hope your knee is better soon, rest is obviously the way to go. What started it off initially, was it skiing?

Smeagol - fantastic time, you're so much more on track than me with times, I am just plodding I fear. But it feels like a nice plod.

News from me - my body absolutely kills!!! I saw the lovely PT again on Friday who worked on my lower body  and suggested I may ache in the morning. Got up Sat and could barely sit down  and then I had to go and do a 10 miler in force gale winds (I'm sure I'm not exaggerating). We went along the canal and were really exposed and it was horrible. Averaged 9mm but it was really really tough and at 7.5 miles I'm afraid I stopped and swore....a lot.......before carrying on! Then been spinning this morning with same PT and my body would like to collapse! He assures me he will tone my body up and I will look very good but jeez does it hurt!!!

Off now to make banana cake and have a lazy afternoon. And..............just found out I got 76% in my OU course

01/02/2009 at 15:37

well done WT - I bet your OH would worry though that the PT worked hard on your lower half and now you cant sit down!! take it easy dont go and injure yourself!!!

thanks for all good wishes - what a flipping cold windy day - still did my best time ever for Watford - not a pb half but not bad 1.52.12 on my garmin ... it is hilly but I did feel the full marathon in Hastings with hills made watford seem not so bad!! and although I pushed myself harder than ususal I was comfortable - the last mile I was looking forward to it being over though!! I did 8.30 min miles for first 3 or 4 miles but it was a bit to fast so backed off a bit - have not worked out what my pace was... not sure how I did 1.49  in new forest except that I was running with TuTu ...

off to lie on sofa for rest of day and eat!!!

I am def abnormal XCR - and I dont think you are cheating turning off watch at all... 

01/02/2009 at 15:38
and well done on OU course WT
01/02/2009 at 15:59

Susan - well done an a good hilly half time. I was also hoping that Hastings would make hills in any subsequent races a doddle by comparison.

Didds - a good time too for a first double-figure run since Hastings.

I worked out that I ran 115 miles in January. I won't do that all year, as I'll stick to shorter races after Paris, but it might be nice to see if I can get close to the 1000 mile mark for the year. Whether I do 100+ miles in February too depends whether I do the long run on Sat or Sun at the end of the month.

Edited: 01/02/2009 at 16:00
01/02/2009 at 17:37

Susan - fab time in this weather as well. Enjoy your sit down, I will send over some banana cake if you like, it's yummy!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.