all welcome

33,001 to 33,020 of 67,270 messages
04/02/2009 at 15:43
04/02/2009 at 15:50
No its because we are busy
04/02/2009 at 16:10
That wouldn't have been the reaction had I snaffled the 33000 hey Mr Monkey man
04/02/2009 at 16:27

I'm here!  Golly - four massages and a physio appt (mine) down and one massage to go. 

Howard - that's a LOT of swimming! Respect.

Jman - sorry you've missed all the snow - but sounds like Barcelona was good, despite the aggressive prostitutes and drug dealers.  What lovely company you keep! And did you get any culture in?

Oh dear - three gratuitous brownies have just gone down the hatch.

Lovely mystic fizz refused any payment for my knee treatment. I could get used to this.  Feel much happier now  (about my knee ... but actually, not paying for some top notch fizz treatment is also quite smile making!).  She thinks I should do some strength training for my knees (can hear Smeagol revving up for a post ).

04/02/2009 at 16:32
Howard - when I saw you were lurking (as per usual) I thought that if I made a dash to the line and did 6 posts in a row you would get in there somehow and bring back all those bad memories that I am still dealing with - so I just let it go by. Anyway I am busy planning world domination by the means of eating all the world's food supplies thus making everyone dependent on my stock pile of food (in my fridge) - don't worry I am taking the tablets as well
04/02/2009 at 16:40

Has anybody ever tried a Slimfast drink thingy?? I had one yesterday because of my ever increasing size and look what happened!!!

http://data1.blog.de/blog/w/wulfweard/img/skinny.jpeg

04/02/2009 at 16:41
Amazing if a bit extreme - and for the observant amongst you - yes my hair has changed colour again !!
04/02/2009 at 17:13
You also seem to have developed some breasts!
04/02/2009 at 17:26
UmB, whatever made you think you could get away with mixing blue shorts with a grey crop top?
04/02/2009 at 17:56

something weird happened in the last 24 hours and I could not get on to the forums and post - very odd - not sure why - have you complained about me Umbongo - or should I call you Twiggy...?? what an ugly woman - there is TOO thin in fact....

short slow run last night in gym - off for night away tomorrow - birthday, christmas, valentine and anniversary present so it better not snow on us - got to get down the M4 - will be gutted if we cant go...

will take running shoes and try and not skip my session ...... (make what you will of that monkey man...)  

04/02/2009 at 19:14

Evening all

Nice 1 Judderman

I hate the snow

Now missed 2 sessions so tried to bring the 2 together in 1 and ran a 10K in my lunch as quick as possible whch was not that quick, but Leicester less snow than Grantham. More due tonight so long run looks doubtful

04/02/2009 at 21:33
Running club tonight - hills - just what I needed after hills yesterday! Only me tonight. OH had a bad time at dentist today and went to bed early in pain. Didds junior #2 has a cough. On the plus side, OH's son (and his girlfriend) and daughter have now all joined the gym and done their inductions. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey (monkeyman?).
04/02/2009 at 22:41

Didds, you're clearly inspirational! But then we always knew that.

Wow. What a day. Cream crackered. So much massage, teenage daughter best friend drama angst (what IS all that about? Didn't happen in my day) and general brownie and chardonnay consumption late at night when it's the worst time to eat.

Still no food in the house so C had Cheerios for supper and I rang J at 9pm to see what he'd eaten.  He just said bits and pieces (and he's a great cook so is perfectly capable of knocking up an omlette or pasta or something) but it turns out he and AR had been to the pub!  In fact AR had been twice - once on the way home from London and the second time after he and Jack searched the cupboards and realised they were bare.

Still - I reckon if they can sneak off to have supper at the pub, I can sneak off and get my hair cut, don't you?  It's badly overdue.  Not sure if I can sneak in the highlights though.  Do you boys KNOW how expensive it is to get your hair cut and highlighted????

Has been snowing again here, but as I type it's def raining. (Damn, that means my mum might make it down for the w/e afterall. Am quietly hoping she gets a bit snowed in this weekend... she lives in Cheshire so there's a good chance )

<Totters off to bed after a BIG glass of chardonnay which was completely uncalled for but it just happened to be in the fridge... >

Sorry - this long post had NOTHING about running in it...

04/02/2009 at 23:22

Judderman - yes, I did get the Paris registration letter the other day.

By the way, off topic, do you have any idea quite what happened in the football because ITV seem completely incompetent at actually showing live footage in key moments? I'm sure your boys probably deserved it (especially with our bad karma after the shabby way Benitez treated Keane), but I'll never quite know as my telly was on but I never saw it!

05/02/2009 at 07:54
Oh Susan... sounds like M4 Glos is snowy... hope you can get away, too.
05/02/2009 at 08:19

Some snow at last here. Not enough to stop traffic. Midlands is supposed to be pretty bad so M4 probably not looking too great.

Chi - coverage disappeared in the second half of extra time but popped back just before the goal - which was excellent by the way. Think it would have been a different game with Gerrard on the pitch & I also think Lucas was unlucky as first yellow card was wrong - but hey, I'm not complaining

Did 75 mins on exercise bike early evening - pretty uneventful. 8 miles tonight then 16 on Saturday. That will make 36 miles this week.

AH - culture? Yes, of course - had a look at some Gaudi buildings and also went around the Sagrada Familia (the wacky looking cathedral). The crypt exhibition about Gaudi was excellent - I think probably helped by the fact that 3 of my friends are architects so they were happy to explain and enthuse about his designs etc.

05/02/2009 at 08:23

AH - a haircut usually costs me about £6  - get a free lollipop too

Teenage daughter drama - am past that now thankfully but know all about it. Personally I blame American TV Culture which has given teenage girls sulky  bitchy role models which they now think are the norm. But that is just my opinion

Edited: 05/02/2009 at 08:49
05/02/2009 at 08:43
Chi / Judderman - in my TV region, cvoverage went to adverts at the exact moment the goal was scored so having watched it for 118 minutes I missed the goal!
05/02/2009 at 08:54
about to venture down the M 4 - back to morrow night snow permitting... be safe one and all (())
05/02/2009 at 09:54

Susan - hope you make it. I was due to travel to Oxford Prison this morning but couldn't even make it off my road at 5am so went straight back to work! Not sure what the weather is like further down but hoping you get there ok.

AH - I live Cheshire/Derbyshire and it's pretty bad here, only started about 7am but now a nice covering.

I was going to do 6 miles today but the paths are pretty treacherous. I did some cross training last night. Do you think it will make a big difference missing this run? My nearest gym is a 10 min car drive so treadmill isn't an option either. Hope the weather is ok for 12 miles on Saturday though. Going to do some sledging in the park later, that will burn off some calories!

Poor Mr WT is stranded in Scotland and not happy....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.