sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

33,041 to 33,060 of 67,253 messages
06/02/2009 at 08:17
Make up! Free massages! What  a pair of tarts  !
06/02/2009 at 09:17
And your problem is...??
06/02/2009 at 09:27

HELP!!

Not done much training this week due to travel problems. So feel v under-prepared for Brands Half Marathon tomorrow. Will do dreadful I am sure!

06/02/2009 at 09:46

Ever heard of the power of positive thought, Mr M?  Have you comPLETEly forgotten all the training you've been doing?  Pull yourself together, man!

And, ever heard of that thing they call a taper... where you cut down on training for a few days before a race?

<Bossy Hen steps down.>

06/02/2009 at 10:12

Mr M Agree with AH - I'm hoping you'll have a great race and because of your enforced taper you will come to realise the benefit in resting.

8 miles in sleet last night - yuk. Ran a lot faster than a) I thought I was doing and b) than I wanted to but never mind. Legs tired last night though. 65:05 so just over 8 min miles. Rest day today and currently trying to work out a circular 16 mile route.

06/02/2009 at 10:42
Mr M!  My best race ever was the 2007  Tewkesbury Half. I virtually did no training in the three weeks leading up to the race and on the day smashed my PB - setting a time which still stands as my best. It is a great feeling to stand on the start line refreshed and full of energy.
06/02/2009 at 11:15

OK guys thanks for the confidence. Will let you know how I go!

Benefit in resting J? One never knows!

06/02/2009 at 11:20

Mr M - you will be fine, you have been so well prepared, the rest will have done you good!

Judderman - good running in adverse weather!

Back from PT - no energy to do a speed session after 90 mins of circuit training , everytime I collapsed into a heap he made me get up and do it all over again - knackered now, need to hunt the chocolate out in the house

06/02/2009 at 11:37

Mr M - OH NO!! You may crash and burn and probably won't even reach the finish, may be a PW -I would worry if I were you

Meant to be running the Wokingham half on Sunday!! I suppose (if its on) it will at least get me out doing some running -probably lucky to get in under 2 hrs with he training (or lack of it) I have been doing

06/02/2009 at 11:56

Umb - I will def reach the finish as its 6 laps of the circuit. - has changed due to the weather. Unfortunately I will have to do it again and again!

Good luck at Wokingham.

06/02/2009 at 12:16
Mr M - Wokingham has just been cancelled so I can stay in bed instead.
06/02/2009 at 12:42

Blizzard here again.  Better go out and do all my errands now in case the roads are bad later.  Funny - it wasn't forecast for today around here.

Have to wait to get ginger cake out of the oven first. Have already had lunch.  What a pig.  No exercise for days (swimming yesterday doesn't count) and i'm eating like a horse.

UmB - perhaps running Fleet vaguely together - even with Mr le Fleur - isn't such a mad idea if none of us are that fit.  I'll def be lucky to do under 2 hours at this rate.

Edited: 06/02/2009 at 12:44
06/02/2009 at 12:44
If you can bear the panting, of course...
06/02/2009 at 12:51

Just entered Stafford 20 on 8th March.

Thinking about Chester Half in May too

AH - can you send me a piece of your ginger cake - it's my favourite

06/02/2009 at 13:05
AH - I love your panting - I can't get enough of your pants - see that both you and Mr Fleur are on the list of entrants now -so I won't be alone. I suspect Mr Fleur is at some secret training camp and will be aiming for sub 1:40 or something of that nature -where is he by the way? I have a few weeks to turn around my current lack of activity -I may need to adapt the Mr M school of training as the SLIM plan is not having the desired effect - unless the effect is one of a large rolly polly man
06/02/2009 at 13:19

Hi all

Been reading but not posting, bad martin. First time ever yesterday did not make it to work got half way at about marathon pace!! and turned back. Lovely day at home with family

MR M- I think you will do better by not running this week. Trust in yourself you have improved loads

Day off today so gave a run a go. About half a mile from my house is Belton House (dont use it usually as off road) but the perfect place today. 8 miles in the snow FANTASTIC Garmin on but only for distance pace dont care maybe snow is not so bad

06/02/2009 at 15:25
I would show a picture of the finally completed igloo in our garden, but the uploading link thing has gone all weird and won't let me add photos. It was a sub-4 igloo, as it took me from 10am to just before 2pm to finish it! Children are playing in it now. 
06/02/2009 at 16:03
Chi you are SUCH a good father.  I bet your pupils love you. Hope they realise at school how lucky they are to have a male teacher and pay you vast amounts to keep you!
06/02/2009 at 17:51

hello ! back from the depths of somerset via the M3 - went via the M3 too... this morning was very very snowy getting out of very small village - lucky have scottish husband who can drive in snowy conditions... had a lovely stay - was only interupted THREE times by the children - once when patrick called to tell me off cos his mobile had gone off in a maths test (why did he have it on in school I asked him!?! I had just sent them both a text with landline of hotel as mobile reception was rubbish) second phone call was at 9.30 during dinner (my sisters dog had just given birth to three puppies and they thought we should know... bless...) and finally at 7 AM (bloody marvellous - there goes the lie in!!!) - Patrick asking me if school was on as it was snowing!!!! Kids.... I dont know.

I did go to the gym there this morning but learnt that the effects of being tired (I slept really really badly the night before we went away and then the early morning call put pay to catching up) and half a bottle of wine (first drink since 2nd Jan) all take their toll - I was trying to run fast but it was not really happening.... just cancelled going to hills tomorrow - got people here for supper tonight so cant face another alarm call to go to the hills - Sian and I will go and do our own little hills later in the morning if its not too icy... then got to do 90 mins on sunday - not too far....

good luck Mr M - you will be fine - I will pledge another tenner to your just giving if you do a negative split

06/02/2009 at 18:21

So glad you managed to get away Susan.  Sorry about the 7am wake up call, though.

Was very snowy for a while here today, yet 4 miles in one direction there was no snow at all, and 10 miles in the other direction, in Amazingstoke, apparently there was loads of snow and a doctor friend was stuck on a road somewhere trying to get home.  School closed early and anyone living on one particular route home were sent home mid morning so they could get hoem before the road closed.

Am looking forward to a snowy run in the morning. AM going to test the leg...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.