sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

321 to 340 of 67,274 messages
20/01/2004 at 12:49
Wow what a busy bunch you guys have been this morning, some of us are working;-)(on lunch break) but I am more or less my own boss:-)

CA
Glad I am not the only one that needs a nap and if it is good enough for Queen Paula who are we to argue;-)

I agree no substitute for long runs they just have to be done,I have a 19-20 miler planned tomorrow with George

Make it a good one out there
20/01/2004 at 12:58
Percy

You are really lucky to have all the spare time you need for training,mind you I do get Wednesdays off with Pay for my training:-)
20/01/2004 at 13:10
Paid training?? - who do you work for ?

(forumites please form an orderly queue behind me!)

Lucky to have training time. Lucky to get an FLM place.

Unlucky to be an unemployed IT consultant, but maybe things are improving slowly this year.
20/01/2004 at 14:03
Sorry to hear about unemployment Percy:-( hope it improves for you soon.

Sorry can't give out who I work for don't want you guys nabbing my job;-)
20/01/2004 at 15:14
OK, I understand WP ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) thanks.

Just got back from a hilly 10 miles up to Crystal Palace and back in 01:26:43 Got carried away with my new legs after yesterdays massage and probably scuppered my chances for a long run tommorrow but we'll see. Passed by some drunks in the park clutching their booze and one even playing a guitar....unemployment's not so bad :-)
21/01/2004 at 13:18
Percy

The word is that IBM are planning to recruit
4500 worldwide. A definite indicatin that the
IT market is starting to pick up!! You know how
the IT industry has been for several decades
up and down more times than a prime minister's
popularity.

On a personal not managed 17 1/2 ish miles in
2.40 last sunday - clearly on traget for sub four

5 mileish runs to work have been 39.05 on
tuesday (best time for about 6 months) and
37.45 today - best time ever. Hill and speed
work are atsrting to pay off. . .
21/01/2004 at 14:55
Percy
CSC i.e. Computer Sciences Corporation have just one part of the NHS Contract and are looking to recruit. Try them !!
21/01/2004 at 14:56
That should say won part not one part !!

apologies i'm off sick with cold. training has stopped for time being harumph !!
21/01/2004 at 16:22
I'm (optimistically) hoping for sub-4hr and was hoping to follow the 4 hr RW pacer.

Does anybody know which pen he/she will be starting from?

I put 4:00 as my expected time but don't know whether I'll have to try and catch up if they're in a different pen.

Cheers.
21/01/2004 at 16:42
Thanks for the job advice guys. Glad to hear I'm not the only one feeling there's more confidence out there in the IT market.

natnif - nice work...looking good.:-)

JtS - I'd expect the sub4 pacer to be in the pen with or next to us (I put 4 as well).

I'm flushed with success today having managed my longest ever run of 20 miles in 03:09 with a strong finish. Thought I was struggling for strength all the way but found something extra after 15m to my suprise. Positively Poppy-esque!
21/01/2004 at 17:51
Talking of the long run Queen.....Poppy, are you over your sickie tum? I do hope so.
21/01/2004 at 19:26
Hi all,

Only just spotted this thread, bit slow. Hope all are well. My longest run lately was miles cross country few weeks ago. But on sunday I did Grim and sprained ankle:( No running this week. Still as long as nothing else happens I will still be aiming for 3.59.59!
Plan is (there is no plan) I am going to just go straight back into week 4 on Monday
and see how it goes.
21/01/2004 at 19:42
Percy,

Today is first day of no tummy pain and back to normal food at last.
Well done on your 20 miler putting me to shame will have to smarten up my act;-)that was a serious good time!!!!

I did intervals yesterday although in pain but it went well 10@800 Metres with 2 minutes recovery plus 4 mile gentle run!!

Today 20 miler in 3 hours 30 although did have pain in knee again,(this was down we think to fatigue as less than 13 hours between both sessions) but was able to run through it(Just) kerbs were a problem;-) also steps;-)

Welcome Bobolink and Wabo good luck with training keep us up to date with your progress.
21/01/2004 at 19:49
Natnif and JTS, sorry I forgot to welcome you guys as well but you were on the other page;-)

Good luck with training
21/01/2004 at 21:14
Alex & co.
I hope you don't mind if I join along on this thread. 'Twill be my first FLM and am aiming for under 4hrs. Will be doing a training run on Feb 1st in the form of the Valencia marathon so at least I will know how I'll cope with the distance.
Will now start to read all the posts.
I hope all your training is going well.
Regards to you all, Gareth
21/01/2004 at 22:01
hello all...percy my man, nice to see you pulling in such good 20 milers, whats up with the sunday RP runs?
i have been off for awhile with knee problems, and now any run over an hour i get really anxious and just back off (read: QUIT). I was amazed Welsh Poppy that you mentioned knee pain as if it was no problem. maybe i am just gun-shy now.
I was on a nice training schedule and up to a 2-hour half when it all went pear-shaped. as i said, now worried that any excessive strain will put the knee out and blow my FLM 4 hour try!
anyways, gonna do a long run this sunday to see what the real deal is with the knee. if ok, then it is back on the horse.
Natnif, is that piccie from that Action Figure Jesus doll?
JPVD.
21/01/2004 at 22:03
sorry, I meant Bobolink!
JPVD.
21/01/2004 at 22:53
Poppy, Thanks for the welcome.
I must admit that I'm well impressed with the runs that people are already putting in. I was running 10 miles after Christmas but then got a muscle strain in my foot which has meant no decent running for the past couple of weeks.
Managed to get out this evening for 3.5 miles which didn't hurt *too* much.
Seems like a long way to go to get to the 26 miles....
Still, there's *lots* of time left ;-)
21/01/2004 at 23:11
Hi all,

My ILTB injury is still troubling me and I am off the running and at the physio. Anyone have any more tips for a quick recovery? I did 9.5 miles at the weekend but couldn't really move my knee very easily after 8 miles!

Jones the Steam - I know the frustration you are going through. Hope you get better soon

Percy Cheeser - I am East London based if you fancy a doing a long weekend run if and when my injury gets better...

Booner
22/01/2004 at 00:25
Gentle update it was 21 miles in 3 hours 30....wow did not realise it was so long no wonder legs still aching!!!
321 to 340 of 67,274 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.