sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,101 to 62,120 of 66,871 messages
26/09/2012 at 16:24
Wonderful cup cakes AH.
Massage was a bit brutal, but feel wonderful for it. Lady that did it said to do some stretching later or I might be a bit tight tomorrow!
mcs
26/09/2012 at 16:29

Well I have been on the sub 4.30 for a couple of years and this year did 4.08 at Edinburgh having been on target for sub 4 at mile 19 but the heat got to me. Any chance I can hop on here until I go sub four!!!! Need an incentive to keep going......nice cupcakes, got a friend who runs a cup cake business.......

26/09/2012 at 16:41
Welcome mcs. AH yes they are. Susan I forgot the stickers anyway c u soon!
26/09/2012 at 17:10

I can't believe I followed a link to a cupcake!! Several times!! Nice as they are.

Welcome mcs.

26/09/2012 at 18:37

Hello! Hope you all have a nice time tonight those who are going. Miss you all x x One day I will make another of the meet-ups, it's been far too long!

I can't remember when I last posted. Have I told you all that I have stopped running now? Until April or whenever I am allowed to again post-baby, so it's not that bad really It wasn't feeling right and felt like one of those classic "Think I'd better listen to my body" moments. I have a very noticable bump now, it sways underneath me when I go swimming (still doing lots of that and enjoying it) and the extra weight was making my knees and back hurt when I attempted to run.

Hope everyone is well. I will try and pop in from time to time to keep up with you all so I'm not a total stranger! Love to all xx

26/09/2012 at 20:32

Ditto, hope those who have headed for Waterloo are having a good meet-up, sorry that I couldn't make it but was in Bromsgrove all day today and only got home at 6pm

Next time, hopefully

Look after yourself Tutu 

26/09/2012 at 20:37
I never knew Fish Fingers could be do tasty! Good choice Ikle...

Lovely evening at the Firestation with Susan, HRR, Umb, Ickle & WT

I couldn't hear a word anyone was saying so nodded dutifully throughout...;-)
26/09/2012 at 21:30
Hope u all r having a great night
26/09/2012 at 21:31
In other news, has any one heard if they have got in for London?
26/09/2012 at 21:37
Not yet scott early october

welcome mcs some of us have been here years so dont worry about some of the runs and pace people do. Great group we talk about all sorts of things and sometimes running!!
26/09/2012 at 21:44
Very jolly nice evening, great venue , Pardon? I said GREAT VENUE ...
A rare treat to have Dave and the monkey man (and of course Howard) lovely to see Ickle with her gorgeous boots, I SAID BOOTS WT ...... And WT managed to resist the wine for a little while before she cracked I had tomato juice and a tap water ... Smiley with halo..insert ...

When WT said she was 38 suddenly felt a bit ancient, and Ickle only 30 10 ... Worried I am the oldest woman here ... How come that only just occurred to me ... DOH am I a bit old and slow ? ?
26/09/2012 at 21:45
Missed you Tutu .. Very exciting about growing baby
26/09/2012 at 22:08
Your as old as you feel they say. Does thst help?
26/09/2012 at 22:21
I like being thirty ten almost as much as eleventy twelve! So lovely to see those there and sad to miss those not. Umbongo is just the same in real life, if a little shyer than I imagined! Lovely Susan sparkly Sarah bright eyed Dave and debonair Howard. What fun!
26/09/2012 at 22:23

Well I feel about 75 right now, does that make you feel better Susan?

Glad you had a good night. My hearing is terrible, I would have been useless if it was loud.

26/09/2012 at 22:45

aaahhh - thanks Ikle! Never been called "bright eyed" before...bleary yes, bright...mmm

27/09/2012 at 00:01
Oh, sounds like you all had a lovely time tonight. Photos? We gotta do Xmas.

AH, nice cup cakes.

Waves to "bright eyes" DtF, and Ikle with the nice boots.

Scott, you may feel a bit sore tomorrow, even Friday. Don't go mad, and expect to run well. Massage can make you feel tired also. Be fine by Friday / Sat.

Martin, some friends have already got their VLM rejection mag today, quite a few. Early?

Hey mcs, I remember you off the Edinburgh thread, what heat?
If you'd been on here then, you'd have got the wet buff tip /water over head off wise young Susan just above. (drinks at Xmas remember?).

Last nights race was just mental. We've had about 6 weeks worth of rain in 2 days, so fields were like giant sponges as you put your foot down, you were running in 2 inches of rain there, then through forest / trail, which were even deeper, rivers of water, onto a big long soggy grass hill, to top then another hill. 2 laps of 2.2 miles.

Went past someone in club I wouldn't expect to during early 2nd lap, a fastie, sub 1:30 half guy, freaked me a little, and also ahead of the rival in my age group. Younger fella from our club tagged along but struggling. Mad horrible hill in each lap, cresting to top, and then another hill. Serious lung buster. Started to raise pace too early, someone shouted we were near finish and not (grrr.), another 1/4 mile plus to go. Through to finish, and went to wrong side of path, towards funnel area, younger club pal sprinted other side to mens and sneaked ahead of me. Blighter. Zero help from him the entire way, could've worked together. Got nothing and just sat on my shoulder. Bad form? Club stuff is new to me so don't know? I was nowhere near him even 4-6 months ago though so bright side I suppose, plus Susan, I'm way older than him by 13-14 years.

Sub 7 minute miles in 2-3 inches of water and that horrible hill, 31 mins for 4.5 miles. All 4 races have been really hard, 2-3 different surfaces each race, horrible during, fun after, great for fitness levels & speed I suspect.
27/09/2012 at 00:25

Tutu - good to hear from you - all the baby stuff sounds very exciting. Glad you're still able to swim. 

Sounds like a fun night out in London - wish I could have made it.

Welcome mcs - is your avatar from GNR? I think I "recognise" you from GNR forum?

DtF - has the taper madness kicked in yet?

On the subject of meet ups.  I may be darn sarf on 12 December if I can get the day off (to do an Enigma Marathon). Is Weds 12 Dec an option for a potential Christmas get together - maybe we could do the cheap and cheerful Wetherspoons option again? 

I saw a few of my FB friends have had rejection mags so they must be starting to send them out.  The payment link for VLM is now live so maybe they have started sending out acceptance notifications? 

Edited: 27/09/2012 at 00:29
27/09/2012 at 07:41
Bless you Ickle!

Lovely Susan is bright eyed and sparkly this morning ......

Jovi ... Some of us may never be able to return to Wetherspoons ... But 12th December possible for me ...
27/09/2012 at 09:25

It was indeed good to eventually make one of the forum get togethers....and there is not a hint of sarcasm there!! I must admit that I couldn't hear a word anybody said which was a shame but that is a sign of age... I SAID THAT IS A SIGN OF AGE!!!!!

It never occurred to me to look at peoples boots!! But that may be a sign of age as well......with the level of noise in the Fire Station I might have got a slap from Ikle if I said she had nice Boots!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.