sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,201 to 62,220 of 67,680 messages
01/10/2012 at 15:22

no cant apply to both Hen - that would be too easy...

01/10/2012 at 16:22

AH - do you suffer from OCD at all? all that handwashing lol. Monica Geller springs to mind

Edited: 01/10/2012 at 16:26
01/10/2012 at 16:56

AH - I should be able to avoid mad cows - can always clamber over fences/walls to avoid (hopefully!) as long as you check in at all checkpoints you can in theory take your own route.

01/10/2012 at 17:27

in other news, I just looked at the Routes Section on here, and tere only seems to be 39 routes on there, am I missing something? also, the routes on there seem to be 3 miles or similar. just wondered as that seems quite sparse...

01/10/2012 at 18:21

Ikle i've done 2 ironman swims breaststroke and have come in well within the cut off's.

FRC i'm not a member of any clubs. With work and family stuff i do alot of my training at strange hours. My 10k pb is 53 min and half is 2 hrs 05 min. These were both several year back. One of my problems is weight . I fell into the trap of thinking i could eat what i wanted with my increased training and finished up putting weight on. Pulling  nearly 16st up the hills around bolton is no fun.

01/10/2012 at 18:50

keep running, and a bit faster and the weight will fall off as you know Ironblade, then you will be able to run faster, lose weight, run faster .. you know the score.... 

01/10/2012 at 20:28

Ironblade - as Susan says, with a bit of weight off and faster paced longer runs you should get closer to hte sub 4 and then under sub 4.

Scott - not looked at the routes section on here. I use Mapmyrun for looking at routes for places I'm not familiar with - there are a lot of routes on there - definitely worth a look.

Fido - did I read you were doing Abingdon marahton.  Cant believe it is a yar since you were cheering me & Susan on on the canal bank at Abingdon!

After work run of 7.64m for me tonight at average of 8 min/miling. quite an undulating route so pleased with pace, Have started running with uk parkrun director  (Tom Williams) and my mate Adam on a Monday night. The boys are very competitve which is good as it makes me go faster as they seem to get faster during the course of the run. I'm knackered now though - they sped up in the last mile and I was all but sprinting and still couldnt keep up - still good practice for a strong finish at marathon whilst knackered although not sure ideal prep for an ultra at the weekend

01/10/2012 at 20:36

How lovely to run with Tom. He sounds fab. All his miling this summer has perhaps made him even faster than before.

Holymoly - no! That's taper behaviour.

Just had to finish the treacle tart... because it was very distracting.

01/10/2012 at 20:53

He's a top bloke - very encouragong to as you run along and always happy to wait at the next junction for me!

01/10/2012 at 21:19
Jovi, I will have a look at map my run.....
01/10/2012 at 21:33
Basey's son who is eleven and just started secondary school amazed himself by accidentally winning a cross country run @ school. Now he's joined parkrun, done his first run (a very respectable 26:11) and wants tips! how cute and cool is that?
01/10/2012 at 21:37
Basey equals my surprise Other Half.
02/10/2012 at 07:11
Ironblade, presumably not the old lady kind of breast stroke where you don't get your perm wet?
02/10/2012 at 08:42

great re Basey's son.  The most important thing is that it stays fun for him and that he doesn't overdo it. He prob shouldn't run too much further than 5k.  Is there a local club with a nice junior section?

02/10/2012 at 08:43

Jack's bd present hasn't arrived. Haven't even had the 'your item has been despatched' email.  Damn. 

02/10/2012 at 10:27

AH - when I was younger (age 10-12) some of my classmates friends ran the GNR as there wasn't an age limit on it then. Cant imagine anyone that age running a half marathon nowadays (unless perhaps you're Kenyan!)

Edited: 02/10/2012 at 10:28
02/10/2012 at 10:30

Thanks, AH, great advice as always. Duly passed on.

02/10/2012 at 10:56

Ikle, 2-3 miles ideal as AH says for Basey's son in races, those multi terrain races, we did 2 laps, under 12s one, so 2.5 miles max. One of young brothers at club I thought was 17-18 but was actually 14, now 15. He tops out about 5 miles in training but has been struggling with a few injuries, body still growing at that age.

Ironblade, I've been more than that weight . Each stone feels like 30-60 seconds off per mile for me, or at least how easy it makes 8 or 9 min miles - so you will get there. Low GI food worked for me. 4 stone in 10 months.

AH , very OCD with the taper hand cleaning! I tend to just spot people who are going to bump into me, trollies, things that can injury me. Reaction time seems much faster avoiding all the possible accidents, or drunk people or dangers.

Scott, never looked at the routes on here. garmin connect is good for searching, also finding race course info to compare.

Knee & leg seems tons better, no pain at all, even before massage this lunchtime so maybe able to run cow interference for Jovi at the weekend for a few miles. Light run tonight, lots of stretching. No speed session. Honest

02/10/2012 at 12:06

Light run for me tonight aswell and lots of stretching too... Will do a slow 3mile plod and that's it. Just trying to get the eating right at the moment before the loading starts...

Scott & FRC - I will post my race number later... will be in New Forest Runners club vest!

Cannot wait...forecast looking okay too!

02/10/2012 at 12:15

hi DTF, fingers crossed for the weather, I have booked in to la fottoria, I think its called, to load up, and have got some whole meal bagels at home as well, hope I didnt dream that they are good before the big day??

I will be in Boston and district AC vest, cant really miss me, its yellow and black....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.