sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,281 to 62,300 of 67,953 messages
05/10/2012 at 22:14
Bzzzzzz
06/10/2012 at 00:09
Track was super wet... Trainers and socks soaked through on warm up laps .. We only did 4 x 800 ... Not too awful, think my fastest was my last 3 mins 26 .. Is that not bad for an old dear ?
06/10/2012 at 00:10
Feeling the fear for the Chester boys !
06/10/2012 at 08:21

Looks like a nice day for it!

06/10/2012 at 09:34
Setting off for Chester soon! If any one wants to see how I am getting on tomorrow, I am on twitter, scott_dutton
I think the half way time will be posted, other than that, will let you know how I get on.
Thanks every one for all the advice and encouragement!
06/10/2012 at 10:38

Exciting for the Chester boys! And Martin (and some of my club friends) at Maplethorpe too.

I had a dream this week that my very fast friend Benn gave me his number for London Marathon and I got to start on the elite men's starting line with only about 20 others - nobody noticed I was a) not male b) not elite c) wearing my Kirkstall Harriers hoody (which I would never dream of wearing to run in anyway?!) - anyway, the pace was really easy and I was comfortably in 2nd place for ages... hahahaha... then got caught by 2nd lady and we decided to run it together only it turned into an obstacle course.. I woke up before I finished, but it was such a fun dream, and made me a little bit sad I've still got quite a long time to go til I can run again but it also felt quite nice, like running in my sleep is a sort of substitute from actual running for the time being

06/10/2012 at 12:51

Good luck to the Chester boys. There's a lot on this weekend. My sister's doing (dreading) the Royal Parks half, there's the Clarendon, too. And Chicago. That has to be one worth doing.

knee still a bit dodgy. But new injury = dodgy lower back from cleaning my teeth this morning. Have been to the gym and am now going to swim. Can't believe i'm reduced to two inside things on such a glorious day. Hope it's a bit sunny for my sea swim tomorrow. Makes such a difference.

06/10/2012 at 13:18
It's a lovely day .. Sorry you are crock AH . I am doing Royal Parks ssssh don't tell ... Will take it easy and enjoy the course.

Go go Dave ... And go go Scott......

Oh and Martin and Wendy ....

Tutu ..your dream sounds awesome .. Nice to enjoy running without breaking a sweat..
06/10/2012 at 14:10

AH, I still can't credit the 'without a wetsuit' bit. I'm going surfing next weekend, but with a wetsuit and that makes all the difference!

06/10/2012 at 18:56
Ultra done with Jovi all safe & sound. Finished 35-36 miles in 7:23.
J wanted to sprint the last 1.5 miles so we just let her, I ran with another pal of hers.

Very boggy, almost lost my shoes at one point. Lots of mud, and some proper shit. Report to follow in a day. Eating pork pie in car on way home. Bliss.

Good luck to those running tomorrow.

Scott & Std. will see you somewhere. Tons of PMA. Run smart, run lean.
06/10/2012 at 19:56
Fingers crossed FRC . See you tomorrow!
06/10/2012 at 20:16

Umbongo that is exciting.

Scott and Dave hope the race goes really well tomorrow!

I just ran 6.25 miles. It was lovely. Weather super. Nice easy happy run. Took just over an hour. I liked it. I like running.

06/10/2012 at 20:23
Really appreciate the support folks!
06/10/2012 at 21:17

Good luck Dave/Scott Looks like a perfect day to run.

FRC- Nice one

Umbongo- Well done you

06/10/2012 at 21:37

Hi all - a great day out today with FRC & my friend Mark.  as FRC says, we all ran together until the last 1.5 miles - it was a great team effort with the navigation when one  person couldnt work stuff out the other could - we had a combination of a map, a garmin and some written instructions between us. Think there was about 3,000 ft of climibing in total. I've now done the race 3 times but today was definitely my favourite - really enjoyed it. On the day perfect running conditions  - a bit warm at one point but coooler in the wooded sections.  As FRC says underfoot conditions were what might be called "challenging" in parts.  The boys helped me out when I was being a bit girly wimpy in the bogs and also acted as human shields in a couple of cow fields! LOL I spotted with about 1.5 miles to go I could be on for the sub 7:20 so after shouting to the boys to make sure they new the final bit I headed off. Am really not sure where the energy came from but for the last 3 miles I jst felt amazing - fell of energy. My competitve streak kicked in and I speeded up in the last mile. It was all downhill but I htink I managed about 7:25 ish pace for the final mile to finish in 7:18 with a 13 minute PB.  Garmin died just before 7 hours so had to ask the time as I crossed the finish line.  I had actually felt really tired at the 15 mile checkpoint and was quite worried about getting round in one piece but then just got a second wind.  And yes, I can vouch for the fact that the course was literally sh1t in places - knee deep in it to precise in a couple of the farms,,,,Rounded the day off with a couple of drinks in the pub with my OH & Mrs FRC.  Mrs FRC had picked up a leaflet about a 7 day 156 mile event the orgainisers of today's race were holding....I'm not sure FRC was convinced though! LOL

Very sleepy now. My fab hubby who did an amazing job today supporting by driving round and popping up with drinks/general encouragement every few miles was great and has just cooked my tea too! He covered about 50 miles in the car!

Edited: 06/10/2012 at 21:41
06/10/2012 at 21:40
Cheers Martin, are you doing mablethorpe tomorrow?
06/10/2012 at 21:43

Good luck tomorrow Martin, Dave & Scott - look forward to reading the race reports tomorrow.

Pic from the finish - thanks to Martin for the pic.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/294155/gallery/539435_454913497884929_915836775_n_(1).jpg?width=350

Edited: 06/10/2012 at 21:44
06/10/2012 at 22:37
Good luch at Royal Parks Susan. 3:36 for an 800m rep is bloomin fab & super fast
Edited: 07/10/2012 at 08:32
07/10/2012 at 00:57
Blimey well done you ultra folks ! Have just got in .. Done a good 4 hour dance warm up at mates party .... Zzzz not greatest prep but the music was just too good ... Kept going to sit down then going .. Oh no this is great and off we went again !

Good luck marathon boys ... Not too many hours to start .. Better get some kip zzzzz
07/10/2012 at 08:35

Good luck to everyone racing today

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.