sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,281 to 62,300 of 67,287 messages
05/10/2012 at 16:25

DTF I will have a bit of a reccy on saturday and let you know where we can meet up.

05/10/2012 at 17:56
Yes Jovi's stats are more impressive I hadn't clicked how much under 4 hrs Jovi's marathon time was.
05/10/2012 at 18:04
Yep. I shall ask for the full story tomorrow. Plenty of time to chat I hope.

Scott the bumble bee will definitely spot you.

Dtf & Scott On another thread someone has posted that race course is pretty wet so meet up off the grass and keep feet dry till as late as possible.
05/10/2012 at 18:07
Good news Umbongo you are finally getting off your backside to do a marathon

Talking of Howard .. How are you ? How's strictly? Just heard Colin Salmon is on it.. His daughters went to the same nursery as James and Patch .. Janes was Joseph to his daughters Mary .. Ahhhhhh... Going to track ... It's rainy ... Yuck ...
05/10/2012 at 20:01

Tweet me Scott if you find a suitable location 

05/10/2012 at 22:13
DTF, suitable location, ooh, suits you sir. Lol
05/10/2012 at 22:13
Wet grass, bloody hell, that's all I need!
05/10/2012 at 22:14
Bzzzzzz
06/10/2012 at 00:09
Track was super wet... Trainers and socks soaked through on warm up laps .. We only did 4 x 800 ... Not too awful, think my fastest was my last 3 mins 26 .. Is that not bad for an old dear ?
06/10/2012 at 00:10
Feeling the fear for the Chester boys !
06/10/2012 at 08:21

Looks like a nice day for it!

06/10/2012 at 09:34
Setting off for Chester soon! If any one wants to see how I am getting on tomorrow, I am on twitter, scott_dutton
I think the half way time will be posted, other than that, will let you know how I get on.
Thanks every one for all the advice and encouragement!
06/10/2012 at 10:38

Exciting for the Chester boys! And Martin (and some of my club friends) at Maplethorpe too.

I had a dream this week that my very fast friend Benn gave me his number for London Marathon and I got to start on the elite men's starting line with only about 20 others - nobody noticed I was a) not male b) not elite c) wearing my Kirkstall Harriers hoody (which I would never dream of wearing to run in anyway?!) - anyway, the pace was really easy and I was comfortably in 2nd place for ages... hahahaha... then got caught by 2nd lady and we decided to run it together only it turned into an obstacle course.. I woke up before I finished, but it was such a fun dream, and made me a little bit sad I've still got quite a long time to go til I can run again but it also felt quite nice, like running in my sleep is a sort of substitute from actual running for the time being

06/10/2012 at 12:51

Good luck to the Chester boys. There's a lot on this weekend. My sister's doing (dreading) the Royal Parks half, there's the Clarendon, too. And Chicago. That has to be one worth doing.

knee still a bit dodgy. But new injury = dodgy lower back from cleaning my teeth this morning. Have been to the gym and am now going to swim. Can't believe i'm reduced to two inside things on such a glorious day. Hope it's a bit sunny for my sea swim tomorrow. Makes such a difference.

06/10/2012 at 13:18
It's a lovely day .. Sorry you are crock AH . I am doing Royal Parks ssssh don't tell ... Will take it easy and enjoy the course.

Go go Dave ... And go go Scott......

Oh and Martin and Wendy ....

Tutu ..your dream sounds awesome .. Nice to enjoy running without breaking a sweat..
06/10/2012 at 14:10

AH, I still can't credit the 'without a wetsuit' bit. I'm going surfing next weekend, but with a wetsuit and that makes all the difference!

06/10/2012 at 18:56
Ultra done with Jovi all safe & sound. Finished 35-36 miles in 7:23.
J wanted to sprint the last 1.5 miles so we just let her, I ran with another pal of hers.

Very boggy, almost lost my shoes at one point. Lots of mud, and some proper shit. Report to follow in a day. Eating pork pie in car on way home. Bliss.

Good luck to those running tomorrow.

Scott & Std. will see you somewhere. Tons of PMA. Run smart, run lean.
06/10/2012 at 19:56
Fingers crossed FRC . See you tomorrow!
06/10/2012 at 20:16

Umbongo that is exciting.

Scott and Dave hope the race goes really well tomorrow!

I just ran 6.25 miles. It was lovely. Weather super. Nice easy happy run. Took just over an hour. I liked it. I like running.

06/10/2012 at 20:23
Really appreciate the support folks!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.