sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,301 to 62,320 of 67,368 messages
06/10/2012 at 21:17

Good luck Dave/Scott Looks like a perfect day to run.

FRC- Nice one

Umbongo- Well done you

06/10/2012 at 21:37

Hi all - a great day out today with FRC & my friend Mark.  as FRC says, we all ran together until the last 1.5 miles - it was a great team effort with the navigation when one  person couldnt work stuff out the other could - we had a combination of a map, a garmin and some written instructions between us. Think there was about 3,000 ft of climibing in total. I've now done the race 3 times but today was definitely my favourite - really enjoyed it. On the day perfect running conditions  - a bit warm at one point but coooler in the wooded sections.  As FRC says underfoot conditions were what might be called "challenging" in parts.  The boys helped me out when I was being a bit girly wimpy in the bogs and also acted as human shields in a couple of cow fields! LOL I spotted with about 1.5 miles to go I could be on for the sub 7:20 so after shouting to the boys to make sure they new the final bit I headed off. Am really not sure where the energy came from but for the last 3 miles I jst felt amazing - fell of energy. My competitve streak kicked in and I speeded up in the last mile. It was all downhill but I htink I managed about 7:25 ish pace for the final mile to finish in 7:18 with a 13 minute PB.  Garmin died just before 7 hours so had to ask the time as I crossed the finish line.  I had actually felt really tired at the 15 mile checkpoint and was quite worried about getting round in one piece but then just got a second wind.  And yes, I can vouch for the fact that the course was literally sh1t in places - knee deep in it to precise in a couple of the farms,,,,Rounded the day off with a couple of drinks in the pub with my OH & Mrs FRC.  Mrs FRC had picked up a leaflet about a 7 day 156 mile event the orgainisers of today's race were holding....I'm not sure FRC was convinced though! LOL

Very sleepy now. My fab hubby who did an amazing job today supporting by driving round and popping up with drinks/general encouragement every few miles was great and has just cooked my tea too! He covered about 50 miles in the car!

Edited: 06/10/2012 at 21:41
06/10/2012 at 21:40
Cheers Martin, are you doing mablethorpe tomorrow?
06/10/2012 at 21:43

Good luck tomorrow Martin, Dave & Scott - look forward to reading the race reports tomorrow.

Pic from the finish - thanks to Martin for the pic.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/294155/gallery/539435_454913497884929_915836775_n_(1).jpg?width=350

Edited: 06/10/2012 at 21:44
06/10/2012 at 22:37
Good luch at Royal Parks Susan. 3:36 for an 800m rep is bloomin fab & super fast
Edited: 07/10/2012 at 08:32
07/10/2012 at 00:57
Blimey well done you ultra folks ! Have just got in .. Done a good 4 hour dance warm up at mates party .... Zzzz not greatest prep but the music was just too good ... Kept going to sit down then going .. Oh no this is great and off we went again !

Good luck marathon boys ... Not too many hours to start .. Better get some kip zzzzz
07/10/2012 at 08:35

Good luck to everyone racing today

07/10/2012 at 09:24

FRC and Jovi, that really is amazing. I don't know why, FRC, but I hadn't really clocked the fact that you are an ultra runner too. And Jovi, you really are incredible. I still can't believe how you stormed back from injury.

I've been very good this morning and done squats, clams, sit ups and rollers already. Oh and 10 pop-ups in preparation for surfing next weekend.

Am looking forward to seeing how Scott and Dave get on today. A friend of mine from school is running the Royal Parks half today too.

And my brother, Cicerunner, ran a new 5K PB of 20:19 yesterday and now reckons he can get under 20. Exciting stuff all round! And I have lost a couple of pounds from cycling to school so much, because of all the crappy road works, so that's good too.

All good. Off to church to play piano in a minute. And it's a beautiful day for a marathon! =)

07/10/2012 at 13:15
Ikle it was my first one. Never run more than a marathon

Chester, Saw Scott at 17, looking good.

Missed DtF

How do you do a wink?
07/10/2012 at 13:44

Monsieur le Fleur has done rather well

Fab job by the ultra runners yesterday.  Thank goodness FRC didn't post a pic of his post-run socks

Ikle - you're right - woudl have been lovely with a wetsuit. Could have swum for a couple of hours which woudl be wonderful with flat sea and blue skies (no good for surfy types!).  But if I'm going to do the relay I've got to be able to swim for two hours in these temps by about May.  The horror of having to go 'naked' in Feb or March to be ready by May is just too awful to contemplate.  But god, the discomfort - burning - around the neck, chest and arms when you first start is horrid. No ice cream head yet, wierdly.

07/10/2012 at 14:19

I am excited to find out DtheF and SD times...

07/10/2012 at 14:32
Think I saw you to at mile 17 FRC. I am def sub 4! Did it in 3.57, will fill you in on the details after my massage! That was awsome!
07/10/2012 at 14:38
Well done Scott on joining the sib 4 club.

Are the results out anywhere yet? Can't wait to hear how DtF did.

My friend Mike came 6th in new PB so he is very happy.
07/10/2012 at 14:40
Wonder how Martin got on at Mablethorpe @ Susan at RP half? Not sure if cause looking on my phone but can't seem to find any results for anything?
07/10/2012 at 14:41
Off road stuff def the way ahead for me. A few times in road maras I've wondered why I'm doing it but never seem to get like that on off road the time just seems to whizz by.
07/10/2012 at 14:51
All according to my cunning plan......
Deliberately set off a bit quick (8:04 8:03) knowing that I will appreciate being "in credit" later... Settled into a steady pace that varied between 8:10 - 8:37 up to half way. 13 miles in 1:48
Second half was tougher, they have a habit of doing that, but clung on even up the hills - they were hills weren't they? - And despite miles 22-25 feeling really hard (as in the urge to just stop and stretch was massive) I had to keep talking to myself and urging myself on, it was great that your name is on the number, with people shouting your name out it certainly spurs you on. Last mile in 8:33.

Brand new 11 minute PB of 3:46.05 (unofficial)

So, a nice whopping big positive split but kinda knew that would be the case.

Scott - Well done mate, welcome to sub4!! I tried to find you at the Holiday Inn - in fact even used the toilet there - and looked for at baggage and at the start. Oh well, you did just fine without me!

Back in Manchster now with strangely aching shoulders... Not looking forward to the drive home later...
07/10/2012 at 15:00
Well done Dave cracking new PB
07/10/2012 at 15:14
Awesome running gents ! Huge well done Scott .. First one and sub 4 .. Respect.
Dave great PB ... A Mazing.
AH .. You are a brave woman that's for sure.
Jovi I don't know how you do it... You topped my 4 hour dance at mates party and a mere half marathon with TWO gigs ( we're you standing ??????) and an ultra?
And FRC ramps it up to an ultra ...
I may habpve to defect to a slow thread ... Sauntered round the Royal Parks, beautiful day , such a great course.. Some real muppets with head phones and no manners but 2 hours 7 mins later it was done. Chatted with my mate Lucy (Newcastle Jovi) all the wat round. Very nice medal ..
07/10/2012 at 15:18
Sounds lovely run Susan. We had seats at gig but stood for show but at least could sit until main act came on. I think we should count dancing as cross training.

We chatted most of the way round yesterday & the time just seemed to whizz by although I could tell at one point on a very steep road section that we all felt a bit tired as it all went quiet!
07/10/2012 at 15:57
Yes Scott, that was us. had 5 of my club there and we gave you big shouts.

Sorry, DtF mustve missed you in a block of people a few mins ahead, had your race number but couldn't spot you. We were at the bottom of the road / slight hill just before you turned left & went across the bridge in Farnedon. 5-6 people cheering every runner, at mile 17 ish.

Congrats to both, great times. Big PB for DtF. And super first marathon for bumble bee Scott. Scott got a photo of you too, post it later.

Susan, great run. Don't go anywhere, we love you. Agreed, saw 2 people today with big DJ headphones on at Chester honestly ridiculous. Felt like pulling them off. Wouldn't hear a thing. Made me mad.

AH, did you swim in that water today? Yikes. You are the iron lady.

Oh Jovi, re the 6 night 7 day run thing, I actually was thinking of doing it. Completely the opposite from what you thought! a marathon a day for 7 days. Sounds doable to me.

Any Word from Martin?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.