sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,461 to 62,480 of 67,271 messages
18/10/2012 at 22:51

Heh Fido Ouch. Your poor friend.

It is my birthday the day after tomorrow. Hoorah. Me and my brother Cicerunner, and Basey's son are doing parkrun on my birthday and Basey is also volunteering to help with the parkrun for the first time. It's a family affair. Hoorah! I've made lots of cakes for my staff tomorrow in a vain attempt to make them like me.

Heh. I've done no running this week but accidentally did about 4 hours of cycling yesterday owing to getting a bit lost trying to get to an MA session. Oops. Also had fun pump session on Tues. I love pump. It is such fun. Love the way absolutely everything aches the day after.

Night all. I'm going to enjoy my last day of being forty. Zing!

18/10/2012 at 23:23
That was a super quick year Ickle !

Fido is it this weekend? Can't believe it was a year ago Wendy and I descended on you and the Abo marathon ! Hope it goes well
19/10/2012 at 09:19

Fido - good luck with Abo. ...like the thought of someone running into post!! Cheered me up. I am lardy and tractor like at moment and need to get back into things. I can't remember my last run over 7 miles. Doing Cabbage Patch 10 this Sunday which will be a test!!

Should find out about my job this morning. I have a feeling that the nasty director has one of his friends who wants the job so no expectations.

19/10/2012 at 09:24

Ikle - good luck tomorrow at Park run...Happy Birthday for then!! Accidentally did 4 hours on a bike!!?? In my day (obviously a lot older than you) a pump session was something completely different (at least I hope it is!). I'll get my coat.

19/10/2012 at 09:40

Too warm for coats today. Pump is a workout with weights, Umbongo. As well you know.

19/10/2012 at 09:56

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Ikle! x

Good Luck Umb - will be thinking of you, but not at the same time as thinking of Ikle doing "pump sessions"

Off to sunny Wilmslow for a few days teaching now and I'm going to leave Mac and iPad behind - will I feel liberated? No, probably not.... just lost

I'm sure to find some really interesting road runs in the dark around there - as long as I don't stray off course and end up in the centre of Stockport I'll be alright...

19/10/2012 at 11:49

Hope you hear good news, Umbongo.

19/10/2012 at 12:08

I have been offered a 6 month extension to my contract!! After Xmas they will restart permanent recruitment process. I am about to tell them that I am not interested but probably should think about it a little.

19/10/2012 at 12:22

Is that good or bad? Yes think about it a little. A lot.

19/10/2012 at 12:34
Fido good luck sunday. Mablethorpe was perfect weather wise just a gentle breeze. Its also VERY flat so perfect for anyone wanting a pb. Atmosphere in the town it was good in the countryside no one. Was great to have a walk on the beach with an icecream after a marathon
19/10/2012 at 12:43

afternoon all

fido good luck sunday!! I say ouch about your colleague.

Ikle where has that year gone seriously! Have a great weekend and hope your work mates liked the cakes!

Umbongo, oh do stop and think.

Off to my mums this weekend, need it.  Chill chill.  I have lost half a stone guys! Whoop whoop!

mcs
19/10/2012 at 13:41

Umbungo Congrats on a job offer. Company owe us 75000 so getting worried here today!
Cakes yes please.......... Had a lovely run in the sun up the trail, down to the bank and back to the office in the autumn sun, leaves falling here now big stylee.. Looking like a reasonable weekend for weather. Have a good one especially folk running Abingdon Marathon.

19/10/2012 at 14:10

I'm thinking!!!

19/10/2012 at 15:25

Brain hurts!

19/10/2012 at 16:04

thats enough thinking Umbongo for gods sake you will do yourself an injury....  at least you will have some coppers to scrape together a turkey and some crackers for christmas??   and a food parcel to the starving actors family in north london...

Ickle - have a fantastic day tomorrow..

and everyone else and special wishes to Fido - hope someone else will be waiting to cheer you on with the disco bike .. if you are not... if you see what I mean ..

missing you already Dave 

19/10/2012 at 21:42
Off running with mini me tomorrow, he is 13, so only doing 4 miles
20/10/2012 at 09:47

Happy Birthday Ikle.

20/10/2012 at 10:26
Birthday greetings ikle!!!!!!!
20/10/2012 at 11:06
Happy Birthday Ikle!

Good luck to Fido at Abingdon. good luck to Umbongo

Wabo, well done you. Whoop!
Congrats on the marathon too Martin. You make it sound so easy.

Mcs, might have a look at Grindleford. Looking for something 20ish 4-5 weeks before London.

10k Caernarfon tomorrow for me. Off for club quarters in an hour to try and remember what speed feels like...is this the only flaw to doing an ultra?
I have done speed sessions the last 2 weeks so it's silly really.
20/10/2012 at 15:46

Happy Birthday Ikle - hope you have a great day.

Good luck at Abo Fido - what will everyone do without the disco marshall!

UmB - congrats on your extension.....

Good luck at 10K FRC - you should blast it - are you aiming for a PB?

Did parkrun this morning. As I have a race tomorrow I'd volunteered for pacing today. First time I've done pacing.  I was supposed to be the 25 minute pacer but somehow eneded a little too fast - 23:42 - oops. ITs part grass part path and I think my mistake was doing the same perceived effort all the way around which meant I was too fast on the path bits - I was so sure I was doing 8 min/miling. On the plus side, the pace did feel very steady so hoping 8 min miling for 26.2 will be acheivable by the end of this year! 10 mile trail race tomorrow - have been warned by race organiser that it is very very wet and boggy - maybe I should pack a snorkel!

Edited: 20/10/2012 at 15:49
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.