sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,481 to 62,500 of 67,373 messages
21/10/2012 at 19:58

Well done Ikle/Fido and Wendy good running all

21/10/2012 at 20:12

Congrats Fido - sounds like a tough one but another in the bag. Loved reading the race report too.

21/10/2012 at 20:19

Hello everyone.  My name is AH and I used to run marathons and have entered Brighton. Alright if I hang around?

Sorry - just busy busy at the mo.  No running though . Am seeing mystic fizz on Tues.

Fido awesome marathoning today! And Wendy, too and Dave. Susan's tapering, Scott's got the post marathon blues but is getting fab advice.

21/10/2012 at 20:26

well done fido - another marathon.. well done Ickle again and well done Wendy on awesome 10 mile time and general trying very hard.

I did not run today - going to do 90 mins tomorrow with Sian .. wont be very fast but its just miles in the bag - seriously think I am looking at 5 hours plus even in France - will have to grin and bear it.... will look foward to trying harder in Brighton with AH next year... (as long as its not as warm as 2011!!!) well done on the swimming AH and hope Mystic Fizz helps you ...

21/10/2012 at 20:27

I went swimming in Dover harbour today. Will stick pics etc on FB although the dear chap who I gave my  phone to gets a bit muddled between the video and the camera buttons...

Loved it though.  It was a bit manic with 8 people and 2 crew on one small boat.  Add big bags full of towels, themoses, wellies, packed lunches etc, people getting in and out of the water every 15 mins (we were only really getting a feel for the boat, getting in and out, how the changeovers are going to work etc rather than training) and there was never a dull moment.

One of the best things is the water was warm!  Perhaps I'm starting to acclimatise.  And I didn't get the shakes because I wasn't in the water long enough to get cold.  All good.

21/10/2012 at 20:28

Oh and happy birthday Ikle! Sounds like you've had a lovely weekend.

And UmB - phew re job.

21/10/2012 at 20:30

AH - that sounds like hardcore swimming to me. Is the plan to gradually build up the time in the water until you'r at the race sort of time/distance?  

21/10/2012 at 20:52

Sort of Jovi.  Obviously the water's getting colder so we can stay in for less and less time. So most of our actual training needs to be in the pool over the winter. But if we can get in the sea every week or so over the winter - even if only for 5 or 10 mins when it's 5 degrees () it'll get easier that much quicker when the water gets warmer in the spring.  So by May we should be in for an hour or so.  The alternative is not doing it all winter then having to sort of start from scratch in March or something. The thought is too awful to contemplate.

Of course I'm not sure I'm going to go all the way to Bournemouth for a 5 min scream and freeze fest so I could just get in a cold bath. Or have AR hose me down in the garden

Its a 6 man relay so other than staying fit and trying to go faster, training shouldn't be too bad. We need to do a 2 hour qualifying swim in water below 16deg. On the day it's one hour swimming, 5 hours off. If I'm early in the order I may have to do three swims but poss it'll only be two.

Edited: 21/10/2012 at 20:56
21/10/2012 at 22:09
What percentage of the uk populous have run a marathon?
21/10/2012 at 22:33
I don't know. What percentage? Awaits punch line.

Great running Fido, you did fab. As always. Top stuff. Loved your shout to ambler in 2nd.

Jovi, mental multi terrain, love the photos. Funny seeing you in mud after Ripon. Karma.

AH welcome to the thread!
Only kidding. Swimming sounds nasty, but you are iron lady, so know you will do it.

Did I hear right that someone died at Birmingham half? Awful.

Today, some good running. Borders league 10k at caernarfon. Really nice course, a few hills. With it being league, good field lots to pace against.

Knocked 1m45 off my 10k PB, 40:12, sub 40 is very close
Hit the 5k marker in 19:56, also a PB.
Oh and also ran a bit with that club mate, pulled him along at 9k. Better than last time.
More info later, I had a funny mental chats with myself again during the race. Very positive though. Very Strange & Very funny.
22/10/2012 at 08:37

Have a good run today Susan. Sorry FRC, no idea re %.  Caenarfon's a long way from you isn't it?

mcs
22/10/2012 at 10:13

Brilliant running to you guys. Up here in Derbyshire the sun shone yesterday and I went mountain biking to rest my sore knee. Beautiful day with mist and fog in the valleys and the tops clear awesome views very privileged to live in such a lovely part of the world.
Sad news about the runner in Birmingham. I wouldn't mind going that way when I am 100 please not younger though. Sad for the family hope its no one too young.  Looked as though the mens race was very close at the end. Did that race two years ago a nice flattish course until mile 11 or 12 and great atmosphere coming down Broad Street.
Have a good week all and dont train too hard!!

22/10/2012 at 11:08

Congrats ikle on the PB - a great day had by all. Kudos to "Basey"

Congrats Fit-Running-Cat on that 40:12 10k. And 5k marker at 19:56 very nice! 

I ran a new 5k PB in 20:12 earlier this month. Hoping for sub 20 minutes very soon and then attempting a new 10k PB (sub 40:51) on 10 November at Battersea Park. Anyone else here running that 10k? I know Ikle is.

22/10/2012 at 12:41

will catch up later at home, but well done fido, jovi and hen, thats some swimming!

well done frc

ikle looks like you had a great birthday, nice!

22/10/2012 at 16:03

Susan, I'm doing Brighton too! I'm getting round even if I have to walk half of it due to knee annoyances. Are you running it too? Hurrah!

22/10/2012 at 20:26

of course Ickle forgot you were running Brighton too... marvellous..

had an interesting afternoon learning all about secure shredding - let me know if your office needs some - we are very good at it. ..  mention my name

23/10/2012 at 11:41

Quiet here, innit.

23/10/2012 at 12:20

ssshhh - I'm asleep......

23/10/2012 at 13:16

I was going to post a race report but zzzz.. (tumbleweed drifts by).

mcs
23/10/2012 at 14:38

Nice cross country this morning to work, mud and cow muck, lovely run then went in the coop to buy milk and dirtied up the floor, think the till lady thought I was mad, sweat, mud and cow muck all over me.  Good job we have a shower at work.......great running all and swimming........ what races you got planned next guys???

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.