sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,521 to 62,540 of 67,395 messages
mcs
24/10/2012 at 15:20

Good pictures on the website for Grindleford Gallop.......  Wabo all the best for Saturday............. do a fair bit of xctry here in the Peaks.

24/10/2012 at 17:59

Hello everyone .  Were you not a teeny bit tempted by Sheffield, UmB?  J is considering the uni there. (Which naturally would make all the difference to you...).

Still no running but after visit to mystic fizz yesterday I'm hopeful.  Won't go into what she thinks is going on but it involves coronary ligaments (in the knee, not heart) and a nerve she can't remember the name of getting irritable because of a bit of tight calf.  The Hen WILL go to Brighton . But def no more going round and round in almost-circles doing sessions. Or lunges that go off in funny directions.

Feeling as if I've accomplished something today. Have almost finished my accounts and along the way have spotted I'm still paying a STO to insure a phone I no longer have (and in fact was insured anyway so I didn't need the insurance in the first place so it's too late to get that back). And - triumph of triumphs - I've called out someone to look at the washing machine cos it's making funny noises. Small things...

24/10/2012 at 20:05

Reading or Fleet... Reading or Fleet?

As Half Marathons go they are both very good... although Reading HM claims it will full soon (as if!)

Umb - you may sway my decision, you up for one of them (or anyone else in fact)?

24/10/2012 at 21:26

Dave - I looked at them today. I like both of them (Reading a bit more) but Fleet is cheaper!! I may just go for cheaper option...you chose one and I will go for the other!! I am in no shape at moment (having eaten chocolate Birthday cake!) to give you a run for your money.

24/10/2012 at 22:10

Fleet it is then 

24/10/2012 at 22:39
What is the date of Fleet? I might come too ? Rose between two thorns and all that

Marathon Sunday 4th nov Sarah, I really will be able to write notes and take pictures as I go round .. So drinks sometime after 10 th got busy week after it too.

You are welcome to our spare room if you fancy it, seriously, we can do pyramid sessions together ... With Lego ! Would the company give you a bit of allowance ? To cover the vodka costs? You could leave a pair of running shoes here ...
25/10/2012 at 07:10

Fleet & Reading both 17th March... Fleet is the far more relaxing of the two. We could make it a thread get together...

25/10/2012 at 08:27

i'll do Fleet .

Off for a run in the pool. 

25/10/2012 at 08:55

morning all

ooh dtf thats my birthday! sub four race? lol!

I really think I would have to take notes susan, dont know how else I could do such a good report, think my brain switches it all off after!

nice days work yesterday hen!

25/10/2012 at 09:50

Susan - I am fairly sure I will get a subsidy, am truly sick of living out of hotel rooms once a week - pyramids with lego sound ace! After 10th sounds fab for me

I'd be tempted to enter Fleet or Reading as well if it is logitiscally possible - only thing is I have a possible race the week after so I need to give it some thought.

I was a supreme athlete last night and did hill reps with my friend, it was a bit boring and we talked a lot and then ate chocolate, is that the right thing to do?

Hen - saw your clip of you just dropping into the sea, as you do - much respect!

25/10/2012 at 09:50

Lets do Fleet then (he says as he quickly applies for place in Reading!) sounds like fun   It the one a lot of my club do but I think it clashed with Cranleigh 21 this year.

25/10/2012 at 09:54

WT - enter Fleet. AH and me have just trotted round and chatted (AH talks and I nod while looking at the scenary!). DtF usually speeds rounds in a flash of lycra!!

25/10/2012 at 09:59

Can I eat chocolate during it as well as chat and trot?

25/10/2012 at 10:42

Its a chocolatechattrotfest...

25/10/2012 at 11:32

I like the idea of chocolate eating + run. Definitely allowed WT !

Fleet a bit far for me, plus was planning some warm weather training around then possibly if $$$ permits, maybe a Mike Gratton 2:09 or Liz Yelling one for a little VLM boost for the time I'm after.

Wabo all the good people have their birthdays in March. I'm 7 days after.

Uber gym owner who is also S&C coach for Team GB said hello last night during a nasty speed/ strength class and asked how much weight I'd lost since joining in January, also did I have a before & after photo? I was a bit chuffed. .

Any thoughts on a Xmas meet in December? We had one end of November last year I think.

25/10/2012 at 12:30

would be fab if lots of us did Fleet .  I'll ignore UmB's hurtful comments.  No wonder he shot off like a streak of lightening for the last couple of miles.  Can't take too long to enter - it was full by the time I tried to enter last year.

WT - everyone else leapt into the water from the boat. I was expecting it to be cold enough to give me a heart attack so was a bit ladylike about getting in.

have just been laughed at running up and down the pool.  Hey ho.  Was hard work.

25/10/2012 at 12:30

Actually, came on here to ask Susan what her justgiving page address was for Nice. Don't faint.

25/10/2012 at 13:05

AH - If I was fit eough I would have shot off a lot earlier!!! [only joking

I am not due to attend another forum meet up now for another 5 years...

I am being very decisive today and have definitely decided that today (or maybe tomorrow...or the next) is the start of the new me (must remember to take photo!!). Going to start regular training for Fleet and get my neck muscles flexible enough so I can look back and try and see how far behind Mr Flower is ...good point....may need a telescope!! Now there is a challenge.

mcs
25/10/2012 at 13:17

Chocolate eating and pool running very technical thread this!!
Had a cross country muddy run into work and same again home today, trying to up my mileage this week..... Bit north here for Fleet.....

25/10/2012 at 15:41

Susan your justgiving page is a tiny bit healthier.

Have finished my accounts for last year... so thought I'd do a bit of filing/tidying up to cleanse the nasty accounts stuff from the kitchen table. And I uncovered an unopened letter from HMRC.... telling me they're checking my tax return for last year.  Can't think there'll be anything wrong with it, but it's knocked the 'phew that's finished' feeling for six.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.