sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,541 to 62,560 of 67,687 messages
25/10/2012 at 16:09

Fleet entries open soon... well, it says October.

mcs
25/10/2012 at 16:13

Ouch!!

25/10/2012 at 16:15

We have a new World Champion here in Bournemouth - you can read his race report here (if you want)

25/10/2012 at 16:38

bless you AH  thank you!! you have just started the first wheel of the second wheelchair.. really kind .. thank you  

Fleet then ? The monkey man and the Flower man - and lots of gorgeous ladies .. WT, AH Wabo .. I am DEF in/ up for that - AH have you seen how it is in relation to the Brighton date?? its not three weeks before is it?  Any how I fancy it - and Wabo I meant I really will be able to take notes in my marathon next Sunday - will be going slow enough to stop, take pics, write notes, have a kip... zzzz but we will get there in the end....

Am very very ridiculously over the moon about my first pair of prescription sunglasses for ten years - picked them up today - thanks to shoot fees from the other week  well chuffed.

WT - am very seriously happy for you to be a part time lodger if you would like? we can run and drink wine and eat chocolate?  how would it be for travel ? the lovely Jubilee line - you can learn to love it - I use it three days a week and its not at all bad and its not a very far walk ...

25/10/2012 at 16:42

Great report. Someone that writes more than me

seriously fast runner!

25/10/2012 at 17:35

How far is Fleet from London? My knowledge of southern england is useless! Could be tempted - havea ten miler the week after so a nice warm up???

25/10/2012 at 18:26
Steve Way is our local hero... Kind of...
Nice guy though, featured on Marathon Talk just after VLM - Martin wants him to pace him to sub16 glory at Poole Parkrun!

Weirdest (and shortest) run ever just now. Got home after an already ruined day (long story) knowing that a club session was out tonight (another long story) but knew that if I got home quick enough I could nip out before Mrs F & eldest had to go out. Planned a brisk 3-4 mile around the village only to get a call from home after 800m to say that they got the time wrong and that had to leave, like, now! So, I had to divert and go straight back so that youngest flower wasn't left on his own. So my run was a mere 1.1 miles. On the upside I did do it in under 7 minutes...

Now feel slightly short changed although quite pleased that there is a new found burst of speed in my legs albeit for just a mile.

So, Fleet it is then for at least some of us. Be nice if you could make it Jovi... I'll need a pacer to outwit Umb...
25/10/2012 at 18:46

bummer, Dave.  But you did something and got out there which must feel better psychologically than not doing anything.

Fleet is 4 weeks before Brighton, Susan. So will either have to add something on before or after to make it a long run (I'd vote for before) or just not worry about it.  Don't think I'd want to blast it 4 weeks before. Too close. Anyway, wouldn't want to put UmB's nose out of joint by running too fast.

25/10/2012 at 18:47

I might bring J with me for Fleet. He'll beat us all even if he jogs.

25/10/2012 at 18:48
AH - to make up the distance we can all run back to Umb's house for post race nosh! Although that maybe a bit far...!
25/10/2012 at 18:49
.... And yes, even after just 1 paltry mile I feel 100% better.
25/10/2012 at 18:59

I will do my ONE longest run the following weekend so a half should be okay for me and will add on if you guys are going to - and yes we cant show up Umbongo and Dave like we did at the New Forest - beat them both at a canter ...   will take it easy on them ....

25/10/2012 at 19:14

If I do Fleet could I prevail on one of you southern peeps for post race accommodation/ I'm very tempted. Girls V boys?

25/10/2012 at 19:23

I can get return fligths to southampton for £65......

25/10/2012 at 19:28

Just looked at last years results - I could be in with a chance of a prixe at Fleet - even mroe tempted now!

25/10/2012 at 19:33

I know I've spelt prize wrong. I have tried to edit the post but it wont save the changes!

25/10/2012 at 21:57
Yes forum seems to be playing up I've tried to edit a few posts and it accepts them then doesn't update.

Liverpool half marathon is 17th March too, there is also the Wilmslow half on the 24th , Cheshire. Free board & lodging available if anyone interested. 24th is a special day much like Wabos...
25/10/2012 at 21:59

FRC - how are Wilmslow, Liverpool ref route - flat/undulating?

25/10/2012 at 22:01

Just spotted its the Stafford half on 17th too - my PB course...decisions, decisions!

25/10/2012 at 22:34

Jovi, don't you ever stop?!!! You make me feel tired just reading about your races! I've only run 5 times in the 5 weeks since GNR and no races planned. You're turning into the thread wonder-woman!

Tickets booked for Simple Minds greatest hits tour in Reading next April 

Any date agreed for pre-Xmas meet-up yet? My diary is filling fast so need to know soon.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.