sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,581 to 62,600 of 67,656 messages
27/10/2012 at 18:49
Yay well done Cicero Brother! Woo hoo! Hurrah! Well done!
27/10/2012 at 21:28

AH - am really in denial about it to be honest far more concerned at the moment by the Sales Conference on Tuesday and having to present to 60 people... very good distraction plus just been at my mum and dads so far too busy doing chores etc to think... now trying to catch very cheeky cat that keeps coming into kitchen and nicking food - it even just came in and got two sachets of cat food (unopened!!) as far as the cat flap but not quite through it and out!!!! really want to catch it and tip a jug of water over it!!

One hour run tomorrow - cant believe am doing a marathon next week.. mad...

27/10/2012 at 21:43

Susan you will be fine enjoy

27/10/2012 at 22:07

thank you Martin - will pack your Gremlin busting beans

28/10/2012 at 09:13
Good morning folks, I am just waiting for my porridge to settle, then off out in the rain for a 5-6 miler. Will take in a bit of off road, down by the river, through town, so should be an interesting one......
28/10/2012 at 12:53
Susan, a little offended. Seriously was not showing off with that list. More a "pinch me - I can't believe I've been in such good shape and so much progress".
3 years ago I was nowhere, really struggling. One run a week if lucky and limping for a few days after.

Cicero, great report. Fab run. The details DO matter, sure you agree now.

As an example, the pace thing. Friend who did 3:23 at Chester. Her hubby did 3:18 but was after sub 3:10. He went off at 6.55mm, not the 7.15 needed.
Way too fast. He couldn't see or hear by the end. Mental. Details & control definitely matter.

AH, Good run & bike.

Susan good luck. When do you fly out?

Jovi is doing town moor Mara today remember.
28/10/2012 at 13:06

did not mean to offend you FRC - this thread has been going for years and we have all changed and done more or less and some have been injured and had to stop and some have gone on to do lots more and some just chug along around the same and the point is its still a sub 4 thread - sometimes I think people forget that... you have done amazingly incredibly pantherlegly hugely impressivley lots of running and very fast running and very far and fast running and I did not mean to offend you ......

28/10/2012 at 13:29

Afternoon chaps. Wonder how Jovi did.

About to sit down and blog about this morning's swim.  Bloody hell. I reckon if I can just get in and survive the first five mins of something like that I can bloody survive anything.

Edited: 28/10/2012 at 13:33
28/10/2012 at 13:56
Nice updates everyone! Interesting. And impressive stuff huh! I tried pacing Basey's son's 5k at Parkrun on Sat and entirely failed. Tricky business pacing, huh?
28/10/2012 at 14:29
Yeah I know (((Susan))), was only a little offended Wasn't bragging. More thanking good fortune, hoping it will rub off on others, and also a long term plan working. A couple of friends off Facebook straight from norhing into heavy running, weekly park runs, speed sessions, club joined, even XC planned. One bought 4 pairs of running shoes in 6 months to go "faster". They want it all quickly, no build up, no gym work. No surprise, sadly both now injured with PF & calf problems.

Susan and anyone else, remember Casa FRC is open if anyone thinking of Liverpool Marathon (or Chester), or the Tunnel 10k. For the marathon can even pop along in summer and run half of the course. 2 bedrooms available.

Did anyone watch the Great South Run 10miler? Jonny Mellor that we did those running boot camps with, he just ran... 47 min 30s for 10 miles! 2nd Brit, and 7th overall. Wow. That is Fast. One to watch for Rio. Lovely guy too.
28/10/2012 at 16:56
Quick post as I'm on my phone. Tough day at the office last 5 miles almost lost the will to live it was very muddy, windy and more XC than road also v windy everyone seemed to struggle given conditions pleased to sneak a GFA 3:48 & second vet45 will post pics on FB. Once I knew the PB had gone & given how rough I was feeling was just doing what I had to to keep the GFA. A few DNFs or slow finishes by some usually much speedier people that do same races as me so overall pleased. I think today was quite possibly the worst I've ever felt in a mara. Still got the lingering head cold I had last week & didn't get much sleep last night due to dodgy stomach. With hindsight prob shouldn't have set off at PB pace or even ran but you live & learn! no.15 done - time for some wine methinks
28/10/2012 at 17:33

Jovi - well done.  And it's definitely time for wine in Jovi land.  Sounds really tough... s0 it's lucky you ARE tough.

Have blogged about today's swim.  Bit long - sorry..

28/10/2012 at 18:21
Jovi great run off road! Dont be tough on yourself.

Susan almost forgot about my gremlin but you dont need him. Also agree re sub 4 thread. Everyone has there own targets but in the end its about supporting each other
28/10/2012 at 18:39
Jovi that's brilliant. I would be very happy to have that time. well done
28/10/2012 at 19:00

already commented on AH and Jovi facebook and texts... mad as a bunch of mad things... big respect... 

got to get through the next 48 hours - Sales Conference - and my speech...

Martin

28/10/2012 at 20:04
A great read AH, jeez. Don't apologise for it being long. That sounded scary tough. Look forward to the next chapter. You are amazing.

Well done Jovi. Sounds like a hard run, After doing an XC yesterday feeling queasy for 2 laps and almost puking every time I ran up the hilly sections, hate to think what you felt like doing a whole marathon. Not nice. Well done on mara 15.

XC im sure I was a shade of green for 15-20 minutes, still did 5 miles in 40 mins. I really hated it.
Will never change my breakfast before a run again. Lovely looking wholemeal bread was like gassy kryptonite. Also don't have a strepsil in the hours before.. mouth taste interesting.

Mrs FRC maybe not enjoying club as much as me yet, got involved at a club race for 1st time. Usual people away at world club tri champs so she collected people's numbers as they finished, wrote the results down, organised. Lots of nice coffee & cakes chatting with 20 odd runners after. Really good atmosphere. And cakes
28/10/2012 at 20:49

1 mile since last Tuesday.... little bit frustrated!

28/10/2012 at 20:55
Interesting article in RW about running on empty...
28/10/2012 at 22:15

oh wonder if that's online, Ikle. Wouldn't mind reading that.  Don't get it any more.

28/10/2012 at 22:25
Is it not advised Ickle ?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.