sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,601 to 62,620 of 66,875 messages
28/10/2012 at 18:39
Jovi that's brilliant. I would be very happy to have that time. well done
28/10/2012 at 19:00

already commented on AH and Jovi facebook and texts... mad as a bunch of mad things... big respect... 

got to get through the next 48 hours - Sales Conference - and my speech...

Martin

28/10/2012 at 20:04
A great read AH, jeez. Don't apologise for it being long. That sounded scary tough. Look forward to the next chapter. You are amazing.

Well done Jovi. Sounds like a hard run, After doing an XC yesterday feeling queasy for 2 laps and almost puking every time I ran up the hilly sections, hate to think what you felt like doing a whole marathon. Not nice. Well done on mara 15.

XC im sure I was a shade of green for 15-20 minutes, still did 5 miles in 40 mins. I really hated it.
Will never change my breakfast before a run again. Lovely looking wholemeal bread was like gassy kryptonite. Also don't have a strepsil in the hours before.. mouth taste interesting.

Mrs FRC maybe not enjoying club as much as me yet, got involved at a club race for 1st time. Usual people away at world club tri champs so she collected people's numbers as they finished, wrote the results down, organised. Lots of nice coffee & cakes chatting with 20 odd runners after. Really good atmosphere. And cakes
28/10/2012 at 20:49

1 mile since last Tuesday.... little bit frustrated!

28/10/2012 at 20:55
Interesting article in RW about running on empty...
28/10/2012 at 22:15

oh wonder if that's online, Ikle. Wouldn't mind reading that.  Don't get it any more.

28/10/2012 at 22:25
Is it not advised Ickle ?
28/10/2012 at 22:36
Jovi doesn't run on empties. Just the odd glass or two

What's it say Ikle?

RW can be online. Allegedly.
28/10/2012 at 22:42
It says its good to build up to build up to doing one increasingly long run a week without fuelling first because it 'helps your muscles adapt to burning more fat and boosts your body's capacity for stored carbohydrate' it then gives proposed plan for doing this.

I'm enjoying being on holiday in a rainy place in Wales with my family having time to read and reread magazines! 6 mile run 4 me 2moro
28/10/2012 at 22:55
Excellent ...
28/10/2012 at 23:26
Which month is that one Ikle?

The new December one I think is the one with the story about women running better on beer the night before a race. So the other "running on empty" article

Enjoy the break.
29/10/2012 at 06:14

Up at silly o'clock this morning for prebooked sports massage before work.  Legs feel good today - at a push I think I could manage a recovery run but the head cold seems to be back so being good and not going to take my run kit to work.  Pic form the finish yesterday - thankfully I dont look as bad as I was feeling

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/294155/gallery/579161_10151084088405741_2123856158_n_(1).jpg?width=350

If anyone get Womens Running magazine I might be in the next adition.  Got asked some questions about the injuries and whether any more propensity to injury if you run more road than off road running. Also had to supply a picture - fame at last - not!

Edited: 29/10/2012 at 06:18
29/10/2012 at 06:45
Yeah same month, FRC. I'm awake early because I forgot to turn off my work early o' clock. D'oh! Might go for a 'run on empty' in a bit... while everyone else is still asleep!
29/10/2012 at 08:48

your holiday sounds heavenly Ikle.

29/10/2012 at 08:49

Just off for another experimental run. Fingers crossed. Will aim for 40 mins this time.  Have Gosport half in three weeks and I haven't run for three weeks ...

Edited: 29/10/2012 at 08:49
29/10/2012 at 08:52
It is, AH! Just realised I missed out intrinsic word 'alarm' from my earlier post...
mcs
29/10/2012 at 11:18

Great running and a lovely 5K report thanks always interesting to read others race reports and how they cope with them physically and mentally............. had a nice 7.55 mile seriously hilly cross country run yesterday early am and didn't tell the daughter that the clocks had gone back until we got back at 8.15 which was actually 7.15, revenge is best served cold!!! She had nicked my running jacket and gloves on Friday.......... Off to rainy Lake District on Wednesday 35 mm of rain forecast, staying in a pod.....going to run up a few mountains, while might walk up and run down.....and try out the Wasdale Head Inn for a bit of refuelling. I cant drink beer due to coeliac condition but like a cider but this year with all the extra running I have been doing I have hardly drunk more than three or four pints all year and dont really miss it and defo gone quicker this year. You ladies need a beer though as per the RW article, you will go quicker!!!! Dont really think the study in the article was big enough to say that is true for defo....but if you like a beer I guess go for it.....I reckon most middle of the pack runners drink less than average folk anyway. Time for a nespresso did they mention coffee in that article

29/10/2012 at 11:18

Hope the run went well AH.

Ikle, I read the article. RW is a bit of a dogs breakfast as magazines go though. confusing.

main article on cover - how to run on beer the night before.

2nd article how to run on fish & chips

3rd article how to run on empty/ no carbs occasionally.

Confusing! I've done the running on empty or a gym session occasionally, maybe good for fat burning but if you have a program to follow, bit pointless, you won't be able to run as well as normal (they're suggesting a 10 hour fast, and more than 1 hour run). I've been border line hypoglaemic so not a good state for me to push too much either.

29/10/2012 at 11:19

Enjoy mcs, I'm in the Lakes on Sunday, for similar, afternoon tea, nice food, R&R for a few days. A little run Sunday first though.

mcs
29/10/2012 at 11:29

Agree FRC the mag is a touch crazy now......got bought the mag as a pressie last year prefer some of the other running mags....Fell Runners and Running Fitness. Almost too much advice out there these days......best to stop reading it all just enjoy your running....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.