sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,641 to 62,660 of 67,656 messages
30/10/2012 at 22:13
What's your favourite Flower?
30/10/2012 at 22:18

oh that one!

Have to say I don't really have a favourite (how boring) as it changes through the seasons. I do, however, love a good vanda orchid!

31/10/2012 at 07:28

Morning all

Thats sucks Scott All the best

31/10/2012 at 10:06

Oh Scott that is really sh*tty for you.  You're right - you can get more running in and that will give you some vavavoom and endorphins to make you shine with positivity when you go for interviews.

Cicero - will be really interesting to see how your Running School experience helps. Are you planning on upping the distance or sticking with shorter, faster stuff?  Re orthotics etc - have you read Born to Run?  That's where my orthotic-related scepticism comes from.  I do wonder whether they're kind of seen as a quick fix sometimes when building core/glute/leg strength etc might do a better job. Cheaper, too.  DUnno. I think the jury's probably out for the next few years while the latest round of barefoot products have their effect.

31/10/2012 at 10:07

Dave - i will enter Fleet, promise.

31/10/2012 at 11:12

Scott sorry to hear about job.

Dave - I have entered the Fleet half to witness your running humiliation!!

Did short fast relay work last night which was tough going. Did club 10k at weekend and managed 48 minutes which was OK as I set off with the 50 minute group.

31/10/2012 at 11:15

I am looking for new job at moment as bit fed up with Legion. Two of the directors didn't support the creation of the role in the first place and since day one have made my ability to do job really difficult!! They are like children !!

31/10/2012 at 11:46
Hey! Don't diss children! I'm sitting in my car in the pouring rain trying to persuade myself to go surfing. There's hardly anyone out there! Hopefully no one will hire me a board. Heh. Need to surf really to justify my outrageous cooked breakfast!
31/10/2012 at 12:06

re hens orthotics comment, I was sold some years ago, kept getting sciatica.  Wore them for maybe two years.  Have now not worn them for ages, honestly cant see the difference! Apart from £250...

Don't suffer sciatica anymore, do get back ache but I am sat at a desk all day so its par for the course! I'm with you hen.

31/10/2012 at 14:19

I've got orthotics and it's possible that they've helped - or was it the exercises I did?  More likely a combination of the two I suppose. My pod was very good (I think) and took a very pragmatic, slow, gradual approach and didn't force me to buy orthotics.  But I think some are much more pushy and perhaps give the impression orthotics are the only way forward.

Thing is, how do you know you've got someone good? We're in their hands.

31/10/2012 at 15:20
Hi folks, thanks for the kind words of support.
31/10/2012 at 15:21
I am an estate agent, have been for best part of 15 years. It wasn't a complete shock, but I still can't get over it! Oh well, onwards and upwards.....
31/10/2012 at 16:00
Did you stop straight away, Scott? Will you apply for other estate agent posts or try something new?
31/10/2012 at 16:06

Any word from Smeags? I think he was having his operation this week.

Scott sorry to hear about the job.

Ikle, hope you got some courage up and surfed.

Not up on orthotics as cure-all. If it works for you great. just seem expensive as wabo says, £250, especially if there is something else going in your body biomechanical that could be fixed or strengthened. I know this isnt always possible but must be in some cases, like mine with the chiropractor.

With my tendonitis in heel, I did also switch from heelstrike to mid foot/ toe. It hurt to run on heel, so seemed sensible/ natural thing to do. The minimal barefoot shoe debate is separate from this.  I was in a support shoe pre-chiropractor and was neutral by the time it was sorted. Ikle, do you know if you're a heel striker ?

31/10/2012 at 16:14

TOTP too. I appear to have stolen Ikle's power the last few pages.

31/10/2012 at 16:45
Which is really Really weird considering how much I've been On here during half term! FRC of course I did! It was amazing i had the whole sea to myself!
01/11/2012 at 12:37

FOTD !

Got an alert that AH had posted. so came to have a look. Anyone else get one?Runners world alerts seem a bit random at moment, unless it is starting to actually lose posts and AH did post something...?

sounds great Ikle. All on your own. Have a nice holiday.

I think with trick or treat last night, gym was much quieter, only 8 in the womens circuit with Mrs FRC instead of usual 15-20, and only me doing the speed strength class rather than usual 6-10. One to one coaching off top S&C coach for me then - and oh, yes, he did push me - upper, lower body & core

Pull ups in particular are torture for me. Usually manage 1 by myself before I need the rubber band thing to help. Last night, in 3 sets of 5, managed 9 ! Probably wasn't too pretty to watch, .. me flailing around like Lassie swimming (famous dog on TV for "youngsters" on the thread  whilst doing them, but progress comes in strange forms. in this case Lassie

Speaking of dogs... where is Fido?

01/11/2012 at 13:02

hi all

scott sorry to hear about your job

ikle the surfing sounds amazing

01/11/2012 at 13:55
Yes I got that notification too. Weird.
01/11/2012 at 14:00

Nope - I've not been here today. Wierd.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.