sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,661 to 62,680 of 67,249 messages
31/10/2012 at 16:06

Any word from Smeags? I think he was having his operation this week.

Scott sorry to hear about the job.

Ikle, hope you got some courage up and surfed.

Not up on orthotics as cure-all. If it works for you great. just seem expensive as wabo says, £250, especially if there is something else going in your body biomechanical that could be fixed or strengthened. I know this isnt always possible but must be in some cases, like mine with the chiropractor.

With my tendonitis in heel, I did also switch from heelstrike to mid foot/ toe. It hurt to run on heel, so seemed sensible/ natural thing to do. The minimal barefoot shoe debate is separate from this.  I was in a support shoe pre-chiropractor and was neutral by the time it was sorted. Ikle, do you know if you're a heel striker ?

31/10/2012 at 16:14

TOTP too. I appear to have stolen Ikle's power the last few pages.

31/10/2012 at 16:45
Which is really Really weird considering how much I've been On here during half term! FRC of course I did! It was amazing i had the whole sea to myself!
01/11/2012 at 12:37

FOTD !

Got an alert that AH had posted. so came to have a look. Anyone else get one?Runners world alerts seem a bit random at moment, unless it is starting to actually lose posts and AH did post something...?

sounds great Ikle. All on your own. Have a nice holiday.

I think with trick or treat last night, gym was much quieter, only 8 in the womens circuit with Mrs FRC instead of usual 15-20, and only me doing the speed strength class rather than usual 6-10. One to one coaching off top S&C coach for me then - and oh, yes, he did push me - upper, lower body & core

Pull ups in particular are torture for me. Usually manage 1 by myself before I need the rubber band thing to help. Last night, in 3 sets of 5, managed 9 ! Probably wasn't too pretty to watch, .. me flailing around like Lassie swimming (famous dog on TV for "youngsters" on the thread  whilst doing them, but progress comes in strange forms. in this case Lassie

Speaking of dogs... where is Fido?

01/11/2012 at 13:02

hi all

scott sorry to hear about your job

ikle the surfing sounds amazing

01/11/2012 at 13:55
Yes I got that notification too. Weird.
01/11/2012 at 14:00

Nope - I've not been here today. Wierd.

01/11/2012 at 14:05
Artful r u playing trix?! I just booked free run analysis session with City branch of Running School end of this month. Woo hoo!
01/11/2012 at 15:56

AH Definitely planning on returning to longer distances. 5k and 10k going well right now. Running generally probably in the best place I've ever been. So assuming all stays in place I'll be doing HM's next year and though a marathon isn't something I'm irresistibly drawn to I would like at the very least to tick off one sub 4 marathon for my stats

Even so, even if race distances are extended through HM to marathon I plan on keeping on running a variety of distances. Just entered a 5 mile, which will automatically be a PB, and plan on doing 10 miles too for much the same reason Ikle will confirm I'm obsessed by stats.

Scott I've been following you on Twitter for a while. Your references to "mini me" are, I assume, referring to your son? If you're in need of a giggle (anyone, not just Scott) try re-reading tweets with something ... well, "anatomical" in mind whenever you see that phrase. I keep lapsing into giggles at some of your tweets.

01/11/2012 at 17:01

10 milers are ace Cicero. really a Eureka moment for me understanding my pace at distances up from 10k, half and beyond and not taking them too easily.

I did a fast 10k in June, PB then, the following week a 10 mile race. Just ran it as hard as the 10k, just a touch off.

Sunday going to put this into action the next step up, half as fast as I've ever dared to go based on the 10k 2 weeks ago.

And if you like your stats, the Jeff Galloway thing about multiplying your mile time by 1.15 for 10k, 1.2 for half pace per mile, and 1.3 for marathon will probably appeal. oh, 5k pace is mile time plus 33 seconds. Works for a lot of people.

01/11/2012 at 17:17
Packing for the Riviera Marathon
01/11/2012 at 18:10

Goog Luck Susan!

01/11/2012 at 21:27
Good luck Susan! Sure you will have a wonderful time.

Can we online stalk you?

Howard, how are you? Any news?
01/11/2012 at 21:40
Thank you Howard and FRC not sure if you can but I seriously am running with my mates and it took more than four hours to do 20 miles so we maybe a while !
01/11/2012 at 22:03
St Susan, I know you're running it with mates! Just enjoy it.

Spending spree in Canne after as a reward?
01/11/2012 at 22:29

Goog luck from me too Susan!!

01/11/2012 at 23:08

Good luck Susan, have a great run!

02/11/2012 at 07:11
Thank you ....
02/11/2012 at 08:35

Au Revoir... off to Lu'on Airport...

02/11/2012 at 13:26

good luck susan, you are a star!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.