sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,661 to 62,680 of 67,848 messages
01/11/2012 at 14:05
Artful r u playing trix?! I just booked free run analysis session with City branch of Running School end of this month. Woo hoo!
01/11/2012 at 15:56

AH Definitely planning on returning to longer distances. 5k and 10k going well right now. Running generally probably in the best place I've ever been. So assuming all stays in place I'll be doing HM's next year and though a marathon isn't something I'm irresistibly drawn to I would like at the very least to tick off one sub 4 marathon for my stats

Even so, even if race distances are extended through HM to marathon I plan on keeping on running a variety of distances. Just entered a 5 mile, which will automatically be a PB, and plan on doing 10 miles too for much the same reason Ikle will confirm I'm obsessed by stats.

Scott I've been following you on Twitter for a while. Your references to "mini me" are, I assume, referring to your son? If you're in need of a giggle (anyone, not just Scott) try re-reading tweets with something ... well, "anatomical" in mind whenever you see that phrase. I keep lapsing into giggles at some of your tweets.

01/11/2012 at 17:01

10 milers are ace Cicero. really a Eureka moment for me understanding my pace at distances up from 10k, half and beyond and not taking them too easily.

I did a fast 10k in June, PB then, the following week a 10 mile race. Just ran it as hard as the 10k, just a touch off.

Sunday going to put this into action the next step up, half as fast as I've ever dared to go based on the 10k 2 weeks ago.

And if you like your stats, the Jeff Galloway thing about multiplying your mile time by 1.15 for 10k, 1.2 for half pace per mile, and 1.3 for marathon will probably appeal. oh, 5k pace is mile time plus 33 seconds. Works for a lot of people.

01/11/2012 at 17:17
Packing for the Riviera Marathon
01/11/2012 at 18:10

Goog Luck Susan!

01/11/2012 at 21:27
Good luck Susan! Sure you will have a wonderful time.

Can we online stalk you?

Howard, how are you? Any news?
01/11/2012 at 21:40
Thank you Howard and FRC not sure if you can but I seriously am running with my mates and it took more than four hours to do 20 miles so we maybe a while !
01/11/2012 at 22:03
St Susan, I know you're running it with mates! Just enjoy it.

Spending spree in Canne after as a reward?
01/11/2012 at 22:29

Goog luck from me too Susan!!

01/11/2012 at 23:08

Good luck Susan, have a great run!

02/11/2012 at 07:11
Thank you ....
02/11/2012 at 08:35

Au Revoir... off to Lu'on Airport...

02/11/2012 at 13:26

good luck susan, you are a star!

02/11/2012 at 18:42

Just came on to wish Susan good luck and she's already departed. Oh well, if you can read this Susan - good luck! Will also text tyou.

03/11/2012 at 17:12
FOTD?

Good luck Susan.

DNS may be on the cards?. started feeling rough and a bit fluey last night, slept right through from 11 to 10am. Managed a run this morning with club but very heavy legged and went straight to bed after, shivering. Forgetting a sub 1:30 attempt, see how I feel tomorrow, if I run at all. Doh.
03/11/2012 at 17:35

Yeah, I feel a tiny bit flu-ey too. Like the beginning of a cold. My mum had a cold on holiday. Wonder if I might get it.

Feel better soon, FRC.

I had a 5 mile run today. Have been upping my mileage a bit since recent comments.

We are all quiet today aren't we? I wonder if we are holding our breath to see how Susan got on.

04/11/2012 at 07:36
Morning all

martin if u read this dont run for the sake of a few quid I once played a round of golf after getting up feeling rough. BIG MISTAkE there will be other days

Hope everyone else is ok
mcs
05/11/2012 at 11:04

Back from the Lakes, did Scafell Pike and Great Gable from Wasdale the home of Joss Naylor, suspect he was abroad, goes abroad now in the winter to save the joints. What a fantastic area, camped at Wasdale.....snow, hail, rain, mist, but bootiful colours.
Hope the sickies feeling better today. Did a six miler to work flipping cold but a bootiful day and the trees are fantastic colours.

05/11/2012 at 11:12

Blimey mcs, what a weekend to be camping!  Although I think the whether wasn't as wet in the north.

Am knackered!  Yesterday's experimental sortie into kickboxing has done interesting things to my hip flexors. 

Wonder how Susan's feeling this morning?

Hope you all had great weekends.

Wabo , lovely pics of your gorgeous little Cleo on FB.

05/11/2012 at 11:26
Martin, i was of course sensible, doubt I could've even shuffled around. 24 hours or so bug, now feel fine. Timing is everything.

AH, Perfect weather in NW yesterday, bit of sun, no rain. Lovely. Think you've had tidal waves down south, loads of rain?
Kickboxing, yikes. That's going to stretch a few things.

Mcs, weekend sounds great. No idea who Joss Naylor is, sorry. lakes lovely though today. Off for a walk, then a swim.

How did St Susan do ? Not friended, assume she had fun.

Goes to look at Cleo.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.