sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,681 to 62,700 of 67,272 messages
02/11/2012 at 18:42

Just came on to wish Susan good luck and she's already departed. Oh well, if you can read this Susan - good luck! Will also text tyou.

03/11/2012 at 17:12
FOTD?

Good luck Susan.

DNS may be on the cards?. started feeling rough and a bit fluey last night, slept right through from 11 to 10am. Managed a run this morning with club but very heavy legged and went straight to bed after, shivering. Forgetting a sub 1:30 attempt, see how I feel tomorrow, if I run at all. Doh.
03/11/2012 at 17:35

Yeah, I feel a tiny bit flu-ey too. Like the beginning of a cold. My mum had a cold on holiday. Wonder if I might get it.

Feel better soon, FRC.

I had a 5 mile run today. Have been upping my mileage a bit since recent comments.

We are all quiet today aren't we? I wonder if we are holding our breath to see how Susan got on.

04/11/2012 at 07:36
Morning all

martin if u read this dont run for the sake of a few quid I once played a round of golf after getting up feeling rough. BIG MISTAkE there will be other days

Hope everyone else is ok
mcs
05/11/2012 at 11:04

Back from the Lakes, did Scafell Pike and Great Gable from Wasdale the home of Joss Naylor, suspect he was abroad, goes abroad now in the winter to save the joints. What a fantastic area, camped at Wasdale.....snow, hail, rain, mist, but bootiful colours.
Hope the sickies feeling better today. Did a six miler to work flipping cold but a bootiful day and the trees are fantastic colours.

05/11/2012 at 11:12

Blimey mcs, what a weekend to be camping!  Although I think the whether wasn't as wet in the north.

Am knackered!  Yesterday's experimental sortie into kickboxing has done interesting things to my hip flexors. 

Wonder how Susan's feeling this morning?

Hope you all had great weekends.

Wabo , lovely pics of your gorgeous little Cleo on FB.

05/11/2012 at 11:26
Martin, i was of course sensible, doubt I could've even shuffled around. 24 hours or so bug, now feel fine. Timing is everything.

AH, Perfect weather in NW yesterday, bit of sun, no rain. Lovely. Think you've had tidal waves down south, loads of rain?
Kickboxing, yikes. That's going to stretch a few things.

Mcs, weekend sounds great. No idea who Joss Naylor is, sorry. lakes lovely though today. Off for a walk, then a swim.

How did St Susan do ? Not friended, assume she had fun.

Goes to look at Cleo.
mcs
05/11/2012 at 12:05

FRC cant believe you have never heard of Joss Naylor, go and get his book out of the library, google him. A living legend, he lives in Wasdale. The greatest fell runner of his generation and still running in his late seventies.  Some great videos of him on Utube I think too.  Bootiful day here off to the bank in the Bakewell sunshine.

05/11/2012 at 12:17

What do people think of sweatshop? gait analysis buy trainer and also buy innersole molded to one's own foot. Not about to do it, but housemate did it and seemed v thorough. Interesting. Any thoughts or experiences? Seems expensive since the innersole is half the price of the trainer.

mcs
05/11/2012 at 13:55

Have you tried a sports physio rather than Sweatshop IM? They only want to sell things in a shop where as a sports physio want to get you right......all the best.

05/11/2012 at 14:15

Ikle - agree with mcs.  It may be fine at Sweatshop but they don't really know about biomechanics.  Not really - not as much as a physio, whatever they say.

05/11/2012 at 14:58

Thanks for responses. mcs, it took me ages to work out that IM was me! I always think of myself as IB! =) No, you misunderstand me, I'm not about to do it myself. I'm doing running school I think. Reckon biomechanics are the way forward, I was just surprised that there was a running shop gait analysis that was yet again completely different to anything I had experienced before. I wonder how Susan got on. I'm at work but too shattered to do anything. Always sleep SO badly the day before I go back to work...

05/11/2012 at 15:10
mcs, shall look Naylor up, Im more a Coe / Ovett era person. Was just looking across to Wasdale this morning actually.

Ikle, Go with the Physio if it's that bad - what does the gait assessment say? Is it that bad you need custom insoles, and for one foot, both? (I had a "short" leg so needed something on left leg) If they do improve your arch /gait / style in 6 months time, is that another pair needed doing?

I used to wear lovely big Chelsea boots but really tough on heels. You don't wear running shoes that often so would you need them for all shoes/ heels ultimately?
mcs
05/11/2012 at 15:20

Naylor was winning all the fell races in the 70s. Just got his book from the library at lunch time so fantastic pictures of the lakes in them. FRC that sounds like you live somewhere bootiful.....there was snow on the tops on Great Gable and Scafell Pike last week got some great pictures. Mind you not bad here in Bakewell today.

05/11/2012 at 16:20

FRC- Well done there will be other days. Also if you want to read a fantastic fell running book try "feet in the clouds"

MCS- Sounds like a great weekend maybe after Comrades next year may give a fell race a go will need something different to aim for.

Wonder how Susan is feeling. Must have been so good to help others finish their first marathon and not care about times not to mention France.

Just had an e-mail which Im a bit excited about, Im doing a one of "foxy Daves" marathons Sunday (not mentioned before as its not an A race) anyway Steve Smith who I have read about will be attempting his 500th sub 3.30 marathon nice to be part of it

05/11/2012 at 16:23

afternoon all

hen I know she is so so cute!

guys I cant stop long as I am at work, but guess who might have a vlm club place??? also who turns 55  next year (keep that quiet) which means (I believe) gfa is 4.15....

Edited: 05/11/2012 at 16:23
05/11/2012 at 16:35

ooooh Wabo....

+1 for Feet in the Clouds.

I have news

05/11/2012 at 17:07
wow lou how great is that
05/11/2012 at 17:10
Sorry wabo on the phone but hope u have as I think you will become the 2nd on the thread to have a place and a great target to go for
05/11/2012 at 20:48

echo what martin says lou, thats brilliant and so well written 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.