sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,721 to 62,740 of 66,856 messages
06/11/2012 at 21:36
Sorry to hear that Dave
06/11/2012 at 23:12

Great report Susan - really enjoyed reading it. How did the filming go?

07/11/2012 at 08:18

Yay Susan!  You are a superstar helping everyone round. Looking  back, hangover gone, sleep had, did you enjoy it? Monday sounds EXcellent

Dave - your mojo will be back - you're just mentally cream crackered after marathon training.  Give yourself permission to not run and just don't worry about it.  But if you don't come to Gosport you'll have ME to answer to.

On that note - off to see if I can run for two hours without stopping in preparation for Gosport.  Wish it was a bit less lumpy around here.

07/11/2012 at 12:16

afternoon all

susan I willlook up them photos..

dave sorry to hear about your run,hope you make gosport though, you will be introuble with Iron hen....

07/11/2012 at 12:21

do you have a link susan, cant find anything

07/11/2012 at 13:59

oh dont worry Wabo - when I get some I will post them on facebook.

yes Lou its  a lovely course - it was hard with the emotions and expectations of everyone and helping others etc .. but the course is a nice one... (Nice one I should say ....   )

07/11/2012 at 19:12
I liked your report too, Susan. It was rather jolly and lovely. My cat is snoozing and purring on my shoulder in my bed. Nice! Putting off run. Interval. Yuk. Unhealthy pre run dinner. Oops.

I'm sorry everyone if I was grumpy about my knee. At the beginning of the week. Especially FR and furthermore C. It's all about going back to work. I didn't mean to be grumpy. I like all everybody's advice and helpful niceness. I do a Lot.
mcs
07/11/2012 at 20:15

Checked out the pictures ss your mate needs to get some pies down her.....bless ........looks as though she was ready to lay down and die!!!!

07/11/2012 at 21:25
I'll see you at Gosport AH... It should be good!
07/11/2012 at 22:53

Great report Susan and congrats on no. 11 - awesome! I'm sticking at 8 (9 if you count the unofficial one with Blind Dave on his John O'Groats to Lands End last year).

08/11/2012 at 07:58
m c s .. Yes she is very tall and thin! Bless her.
08/11/2012 at 12:36

(ikle)

08/11/2012 at 12:47

Morning. Or afternoon...

Been in the sea and it wasn't horrid.  Sadly the sun waited till we'd got out to put in an appearance. 25 mins today so not too bad.a

Did my 2 hours yesterday but there was a bit of shuffling, a bit of walking up a hill near the end, a bit of mincing round huge puddles and it wasn't pretty. It was prob only about 10 miles . So Dave, I don't know about Gosport being good... but it'll be done.

08/11/2012 at 12:48

Slept funny a few days ago and my back just won't uncrick. Grrr.

Hope you're feeling better Ikle - we love you. xx

08/11/2012 at 13:04

We all love you Ikle.

Loved the photos Susan, the ones where you seem to be pulling her on, was Shade going to give up? Both of you look great. Very good photos actually.

AH, you ever done any Alexander technique?

I did some classes in the hunt for a cure for my tendonitis, the only exercise I got anything out of really was the resting exercise they get you to do for your back. Really helps when I have any pain or soreness there, whatever the cause. Its a good one to know if you're sat at a desk for hours too.

Google alexander tech semi supine, there should be some. You do sort of a tuck holding onto knees, then let go slowly, 2-3 books under your head, supporting neck. Will see if I can find a clip.

I've got a PDF about it if you want me to PM it. Very relaxing, you can have a nap/ close eyes for a minute or two. or 5-10 mins. Anyone asks, you can say its part of your exercises.

08/11/2012 at 14:07

Funnily enough FRC, the only alexander technique move/pose? I've ever been shown is semi supine.  I've MET'd my neck a bit but a bit of semi supination might be worth trying to calm everything down. Thanks for offers of help.

08/11/2012 at 16:54

ooh susan I have heard of alexander technique and now I want to look up that move for me, thanks

08/11/2012 at 18:05

Well... that was an interesting day. Spent most of it with a TV Producer filming in the shop... one day I might be famous 

Now I have the decision of either intervals or run tonight... don't much like doing intervals in the dark (no floodlights for us unfortunately on our grass track!) but I'll decide when I get there...I'm easily led!

08/11/2012 at 21:08

I ran... it was epic... last mile 6:44

zzz

09/11/2012 at 07:18
Well done Dave , TV star in waiting ...
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.