sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,721 to 62,740 of 67,364 messages
mcs
07/11/2012 at 20:15

Checked out the pictures ss your mate needs to get some pies down her.....bless ........looks as though she was ready to lay down and die!!!!

07/11/2012 at 21:25
I'll see you at Gosport AH... It should be good!
07/11/2012 at 22:53

Great report Susan and congrats on no. 11 - awesome! I'm sticking at 8 (9 if you count the unofficial one with Blind Dave on his John O'Groats to Lands End last year).

08/11/2012 at 07:58
m c s .. Yes she is very tall and thin! Bless her.
08/11/2012 at 12:36

(ikle)

08/11/2012 at 12:47

Morning. Or afternoon...

Been in the sea and it wasn't horrid.  Sadly the sun waited till we'd got out to put in an appearance. 25 mins today so not too bad.a

Did my 2 hours yesterday but there was a bit of shuffling, a bit of walking up a hill near the end, a bit of mincing round huge puddles and it wasn't pretty. It was prob only about 10 miles . So Dave, I don't know about Gosport being good... but it'll be done.

08/11/2012 at 12:48

Slept funny a few days ago and my back just won't uncrick. Grrr.

Hope you're feeling better Ikle - we love you. xx

08/11/2012 at 13:04

We all love you Ikle.

Loved the photos Susan, the ones where you seem to be pulling her on, was Shade going to give up? Both of you look great. Very good photos actually.

AH, you ever done any Alexander technique?

I did some classes in the hunt for a cure for my tendonitis, the only exercise I got anything out of really was the resting exercise they get you to do for your back. Really helps when I have any pain or soreness there, whatever the cause. Its a good one to know if you're sat at a desk for hours too.

Google alexander tech semi supine, there should be some. You do sort of a tuck holding onto knees, then let go slowly, 2-3 books under your head, supporting neck. Will see if I can find a clip.

I've got a PDF about it if you want me to PM it. Very relaxing, you can have a nap/ close eyes for a minute or two. or 5-10 mins. Anyone asks, you can say its part of your exercises.

08/11/2012 at 14:07

Funnily enough FRC, the only alexander technique move/pose? I've ever been shown is semi supine.  I've MET'd my neck a bit but a bit of semi supination might be worth trying to calm everything down. Thanks for offers of help.

08/11/2012 at 16:54

ooh susan I have heard of alexander technique and now I want to look up that move for me, thanks

08/11/2012 at 18:05

Well... that was an interesting day. Spent most of it with a TV Producer filming in the shop... one day I might be famous 

Now I have the decision of either intervals or run tonight... don't much like doing intervals in the dark (no floodlights for us unfortunately on our grass track!) but I'll decide when I get there...I'm easily led!

08/11/2012 at 21:08

I ran... it was epic... last mile 6:44

zzz

09/11/2012 at 07:18
Well done Dave , TV star in waiting ...
09/11/2012 at 09:29

Wabo, susan? semi supine is a really good position to know.

had a look at youtube but clips aren't great, lots of variation. This is except from the pdf I mentioned, how I got shown. You could sit for 30 seconds, 3-5 minutes, however much time you have, a few times per day especially if any aches.

"Semi supine
Simply lie down on the floor (a bed will not do) with your knees up and a few books under your head. That’s doing it but how do I get there?

Getting there
1. Get your books.
2. Sit on the floor and put the books behind you.
3. Draw your feet up as close to your bottom as you can get them, holding your legs with your hands.
4. Allow your head to drop forwards as far as it will drop. Don’t pull it or force it — just drop. Also, allow your back to curl forward as much as it wants. Don’t try to be
straight.
5. When you’ve done all that (and not before) then let go of your legs.
6. Leaving your feet on the ground and your head dropped forwards, roll back.
7. Roll back as fast as you dare …keeping your head forwards the whole time.

8. Only when your head touches the books should you stop keeping your head
forwards. Keeping your head forwards stretches your back. If you let it come back
and lose your stretch, your lying down will be a lot less useful.

So I got there. How do I get up?
To get up, roll over — like a cat. Look where you’re going to roll. Then let your head turn. Then your shoulders, then your hips. Your legs come last. That’s important."

I probably had 6 sessions at £50 (yikes!) so you're getting the best bit for free.

Great exercise if you are often sat in office chairs for most of the day, have neck/ back problems, also things like headaches & migraines since you get rid of a lot of tension.

Good session DtF, fast last mile. Getting faster?

09/11/2012 at 09:29

FOTD ! TOTP! double whammy.

09/11/2012 at 12:17

dave remember your sub 4 friends when you are famous.....

frc, great tips I have all of those sitting at a desk all day problems too!

racing tomorrow, 5 mile xctry again, should be fun

mcs
09/11/2012 at 13:21

FRC thanks for that £50 lesson back in the office after two days out in the cold....very useful to know that exercise. I sit on a swiss ball infront of my computer most days and get a bit stiff in the hammies and back. Will give it a try........

09/11/2012 at 14:25

FRC - getting faster and seemingly finding it easier to maintain pace (most of the time) especially when running with some of the guys with the club. Last nights partner is a bit of a power house and we raced each other back to the club - great stuff!

mcs
09/11/2012 at 15:29

Getting dark here up north nearly time to don the trainers and head off up the trail for a little run home. ITS FRIDAY have a good weekend all, especially if you have a race planned.

09/11/2012 at 15:54
Tired... Not enough sleep this week post Mara what with film crews and awards dos, watch out Dave the show biz life is exhausting Darlink.....
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.