sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,741 to 62,760 of 67,283 messages
09/11/2012 at 09:29

Wabo, susan? semi supine is a really good position to know.

had a look at youtube but clips aren't great, lots of variation. This is except from the pdf I mentioned, how I got shown. You could sit for 30 seconds, 3-5 minutes, however much time you have, a few times per day especially if any aches.

"Semi supine
Simply lie down on the floor (a bed will not do) with your knees up and a few books under your head. That’s doing it but how do I get there?

Getting there
1. Get your books.
2. Sit on the floor and put the books behind you.
3. Draw your feet up as close to your bottom as you can get them, holding your legs with your hands.
4. Allow your head to drop forwards as far as it will drop. Don’t pull it or force it — just drop. Also, allow your back to curl forward as much as it wants. Don’t try to be
straight.
5. When you’ve done all that (and not before) then let go of your legs.
6. Leaving your feet on the ground and your head dropped forwards, roll back.
7. Roll back as fast as you dare …keeping your head forwards the whole time.

8. Only when your head touches the books should you stop keeping your head
forwards. Keeping your head forwards stretches your back. If you let it come back
and lose your stretch, your lying down will be a lot less useful.

So I got there. How do I get up?
To get up, roll over — like a cat. Look where you’re going to roll. Then let your head turn. Then your shoulders, then your hips. Your legs come last. That’s important."

I probably had 6 sessions at £50 (yikes!) so you're getting the best bit for free.

Great exercise if you are often sat in office chairs for most of the day, have neck/ back problems, also things like headaches & migraines since you get rid of a lot of tension.

Good session DtF, fast last mile. Getting faster?

09/11/2012 at 09:29

FOTD ! TOTP! double whammy.

09/11/2012 at 12:17

dave remember your sub 4 friends when you are famous.....

frc, great tips I have all of those sitting at a desk all day problems too!

racing tomorrow, 5 mile xctry again, should be fun

mcs
09/11/2012 at 13:21

FRC thanks for that £50 lesson back in the office after two days out in the cold....very useful to know that exercise. I sit on a swiss ball infront of my computer most days and get a bit stiff in the hammies and back. Will give it a try........

09/11/2012 at 14:25

FRC - getting faster and seemingly finding it easier to maintain pace (most of the time) especially when running with some of the guys with the club. Last nights partner is a bit of a power house and we raced each other back to the club - great stuff!

mcs
09/11/2012 at 15:29

Getting dark here up north nearly time to don the trainers and head off up the trail for a little run home. ITS FRIDAY have a good weekend all, especially if you have a race planned.

09/11/2012 at 15:54
Tired... Not enough sleep this week post Mara what with film crews and awards dos, watch out Dave the show biz life is exhausting Darlink.....
09/11/2012 at 21:00

What award dos have you been to Susan?

Wabo - I'm xcing tomorrow, too.  Not as far as you - we're doing about 6 or 7k.  First running race for AGEs.

Then back in the sea on Sunday. Actually looking forward to it. No doubt I'll get the dreads again tomorrow night.

What's everyone else doing?

09/11/2012 at 23:06
Mcs, that was 50 pound x 6 lesson!
AT did cure some twitches and back problems, but not much else. Shout if anyone wants the pdf about semi supine, it's about 20 pages. Good for breathing & relaxation, mindfulness. Rest of ATech, is a bit preachy, you must stand/ sit this way. SS good though.

DtF, good to have a partner or two. Reaping the benefits of post marathon boost.

Race Sunday for me, it might be 10k, though someone says is 5.5 miles. I don't mind but why not add the extra distance? It's on one of the best 5k road routes locally so seems a waste. Little fitness test tomorrow to see how I feel.

Good luck to Jovi & Martin, marathons, Wabo & AH with XC. Looking forward to AH swimming blog week 2 also. Susan, Rest for you!
Good weekend all.
Edited: 09/11/2012 at 23:07
10/11/2012 at 00:28
Most glamorous awards AH .. The Premises and Facilities Management Awards, presented by Gabby Logan zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
10/11/2012 at 11:27
I did parkrun instead of battersea park 10 don't think I did PB. Now off to British library...
10/11/2012 at 11:29
Ps I'm feelin the love
10/11/2012 at 12:30

mwah! for ikle for all for awards visiting peeps and so on xx

10/11/2012 at 15:16
Great to see Martin this morning. We ran the first couple of miles together but we both had different goals for today so then parted. In ecstatic to report. I got a new PB am so happy 3:26:10 only 21 seconds but not run close to that since 2010 & third 26.2 in 6 weeks. Today was one of those days when it all seemed to go well. Plan was to target 2:40 for 20 miles & then hang on which is pretty much what I did. Ideal weather for running cool but very still. Feeling more hopeful again of sub 3:30 in the spring when I can do a proper taper. Enroute to London now for night at theatre & after show drinks not sure the heels were such a good choice !
10/11/2012 at 16:29
Bloody hell Wendy you are AMAZING
10/11/2012 at 17:28
Hope you had a good run too Martin

Just been doing my thank you e mail about the sponsorship I got for the marathon, and Ickle I don't have your email, plus the couple of anonymous donations that may have been some of you lovely lot I raised over ?? 500 which considering the number of times I have asked is brilliant and thank you very much ! Big hugs ((()))
10/11/2012 at 18:04

Evening all, As Wendy said different plans today I wanted to finish feeling strong (ish) so forced myself to have my first little walk after 5 miles took lots of 30 second to 1min ones from then on. Very much a Comrades training run. As a result very happy with 3.55.16 It was good to just jog across the line knowing I could have gone further, in fact kept thinking maybe I should have done the 40 that was also on!

Very aware fot those who have not got a sub 4 that may sound bad but all I would say is the more you do the easier it gets honest. Thats my 8th marathon or above of the year and convinced if you stay healthy it makes a huge difference

10/11/2012 at 19:19
awesome Martin, I walked a bit last week and was 5 hours 8 or more ha ha ... Can't believe how many marathons you and Wendy clocking up
10/11/2012 at 20:48

Martin & Wendy - excellent!! 

11/11/2012 at 00:26

Well done Wendy and Martin. Amazing! People with amazing times ie sub 3 hours have used the walk/run to great effect!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.