sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,801 to 62,820 of 67,662 messages
mcs
14/11/2012 at 10:30

Navigating the Edale Skyline could be scarey if the weather is bad, having walked round there quite alot. Hope you feel better soon Wishful......

14/11/2012 at 11:19

I would like to do Thunder Run. Someone tell me how. When is it again?

mcs
14/11/2012 at 11:36

July round a 10K route in a park for 24 hours non stop. Solo or team event!!! Tents, beer and barbecues involved too!!!

14/11/2012 at 12:34

Ikle, I posted info just above.

Fit-Running-Cat wrote (see)

Thunder Run is July 27/28th.

we already have one team of 7-8, likely 2 teams next year since some want definite option of doing 5 laps or more. Gives us the flexibility that some people can do 2 laps, and then enjoy beer/ booze & food. Others get to run 4-5.

Worked out £40 each including all food & BBQ, 3 days camping is included already in price. We also have a South African BBQ expert on our team. V important

Ikle, all you have to do is say "Yayyyy me!" and I'll pencil you in as interested like mcs. AH? Monies would be March - April approx so ages away.

We had a team of 8 last year, different abilities from 40 min 10k upto 1hr pace, everyone did at least 2 laps, but limited some to 4 laps. Second smaller team of 5-6 would solve this for everyone. Two teams would work out better/ cheaper, we had loads of food thrown away. One big shared camp for the teams.

14/11/2012 at 14:14

I already have a team for TR but hope we can all at least meet up.

So tired this week I know I did a marathon last weekend but feel drained Starting work at 6 this week not helping so not going to run this week and eat/drink what the hell I like

mcs
14/11/2012 at 14:47

Get some grub down you Martin and some vitamins.....you sound drained. This time of year loads of colds and flu about, limited daylight and energy levels drop for normal folk, not to mention marathoners who do miles of running. All the best.

14/11/2012 at 18:40
Yayyy me! Pencil me in, Scottie! I just need to check with Basey that the dates r ok.
14/11/2012 at 18:42
I knew the info but just didn't know if I had to book it myself.
14/11/2012 at 21:20
ace!
No you don't have to do anything. I'll sort everything out nearer the time, March / April probably. It's ??250 for a team of 8, with a bit for food roughly ??40 each.

Remember its 10k trail, trail shoes maybe useful, and goes on into night, so head torch needed.
14/11/2012 at 21:40

FRC - have you entered the teams ofr Thunder Run yet? Our team have already entered.  With it becoming so much more popular it might be full up by March?

Legs feeling quite springy considering marathon but I do feel a bit drained of energy. I went to running club last night but  took it steady.  Will do my usual run tomorrow morning but just very easy pace.  Wont do a long run this weekend and just do parkrun on Saturday.

14/11/2012 at 22:07

I have a head torch, but don't have any trail shoes. What fun!

15/11/2012 at 08:58

Ran just over 6 miles yesterday evening. Knee hurting a little by the end. Been eating healthily for nearly 4 days and already lost over a kilo! Hoorah! It's always like that at the start, huh? Just have to keep going over the Christmas season.... Happy sunny day all.

mcs
15/11/2012 at 10:23

Head torch charged and ran to work with it on this morning.....dont really like running in the total dark but this new head torch I have is amazing Laser Lens massive broad or narrow beam on it. Really lights up the trail. Ran home ahead of a cyclist last night not sure why he was going so slow but easily went past him and then kept well ahead all the way up the trail......

15/11/2012 at 11:49

I have a head torch. But I think you're all mad

Is there specific kind of head torch for running? The one I have I bought from a DIY store and have mostly used for rummaging in the loft. It feels like it'd slip about if I ran in it ... Perhaps I should give it a try one morning. Though living in fairly well lit suburbia I might feel a little self conscious.

15/11/2012 at 12:30

You should try experimental running in moustaches on elastic! Went down really well on my estate. Ahem.

mcs
15/11/2012 at 13:41

Sounds painful. Try Inov8 fell shoes love them.......run a few fells in the Lakes and round here lovely shoes. Bit slippy on wet rock but most shoes would be I reckon.......

15/11/2012 at 15:59

Lots of reading back... Well done Jovi.. You've come on, Martin! Great report Susan...

Cicero I wear the head torch round my hips - sure, it looks like a luminous willy but it makes the ground shadows longer.

We are on hols, going to Malta by train. So far have got to Sicily. Ferry tomorrow. So I have been running "naked" in Paris, Rome and Turin (no garmin /ipod)! Has really helped as @ start of week got a text from HR man to say my job was at risk I.E I was on the redundancy list  -heard today I got to keep my job, but you can imagine however levelheaded you try to be, you still feel stressed.

Wabo did you get the club place? 

Have booked Frankfurt for next autumn and Malta and Riga are pencilled in for spring. Plan is to go along to the regular club track sessions weekly as well as the other training and see if I can get a 3:58:xx or even better. Whether the ambition will last...!

mcs
15/11/2012 at 16:17

Fido glad to hear you survived...........not nice.......had to go to a factory this week to collect some of our kit, 50 gone as the factory is shutting. Times are tough still out there. 

15/11/2012 at 17:08

Fido. nice to see you. Enjoy naked running. hope your stress levels are lowering now.

Riga?

Track sessions definitely work. As shall be proved v soon.

Cicero, car mechanic head torches are heavy and will flop down with the movement as mine did. cheap enough to buy a light running one. They give a better light anyway. Ikle can run with a moustache at the same time perhaps.

Ikle, a Cheap pair of Adidas Kanadias will do fine for £25-35 by the way.

Edited: 15/11/2012 at 17:15
15/11/2012 at 21:52

Hello all.  Hello Fido - haven't seen you for ages!  Hols sound fab. Are you marathoning in Malta?

I use a Petzl headtorch from Blacks when I'm coaching in the dark on the grass - mainly so the runners can see me. But on Tues we did a point to point session and I did almost as much running as them and the bloody thing fell down the whole time. And nearly broke my nose. Love the idea of having it round your waist. Why not?

In other news: I've got another edition of my blog out.  Sorry if you're all blogged out. Have been a bit zealous with the self promotion .

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.