sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,801 to 62,820 of 66,863 messages
13/11/2012 at 11:55

Re: Bournemouth Marathon - I'm surprised it's even going ahead next year it was only mentioned a few weeks ago. This is possibly why the website is slightly unhelpful and contains misleading photos and no course map. Perhaps they're still figuring the route out - Hengistbury Head to Sandbanks and back would almost do it... and it'd be flat!

In true Ikle fashion my summing up of todays weather is pfft - a kind of nothing day, grey, mild, damp and uninspiring - at least the thermals can stay in the drawer for another few days.

So AH - Gosport Half? What's your plan... trotting or racing? I am thinking more in the lines of a race (bit of rivalry going on at the club) so will start off at 7:45 pace which should be good for 1:41 ish. However I fully expect to blow up after 10 miles, so will see what happens!

I am due to be doing Thunder Run next year with a friend and some others... who else up for this?

mcs
13/11/2012 at 12:03

I would be up for a turn out depending on dates when is it?

13/11/2012 at 12:28

Thunder Run is July 27/28th.

DtF we already have one team of 7-8, likely 2 teams next year since some want definite option of doing 5 laps or more. Gives us the flexibility that some people can do 2 laps, and then enjoy beer/ booze & food. Others get to run 4-6.

Worked out £40 each including all food & BBQ, 3 days camping is included already in price. We also have a South African BBQ expert on our team. V important

Not sure if Rob is still reading about furst/ sub 3:30, but Jovi does have a great fitness base, 15 marathons? Proved that by being able to get straight back into 30 miles at Thunder Run after 6-8 weeks out with injury. She is a Machine! Everyone is different though. One of our Thunder Run team runs 80-90 miles a week, as against my 25-35 miles.

mcs re: training plan - are you in a club? Are you in the Asics 6 thing for Paris or chance of it?

Realised, I should've kept mouth shut about doing sub 3:30... saved myself a round of drinks and one for Susan too. Had you forgotten the "buff" tip?

13/11/2012 at 15:05

mcs - a girl who used to post on here - xcrunner (then had a fairy name - you lot know who I mean) - I think did the Grindleford Gallop and lived in that neck of the woods.  Wonder where she is. She was aiming for a half ironman this summer I think. Scary to think a 16 wk prog for a race in March starts now!

Dave - def trotting.  I just haven't done enough running since Outlaw and my legs feel battered after every run.  I feel sure Sunday will be a PW but I don't really care. After it I think I just need to get my ability to run maybe four or five days a week going.  So undecided about what sort of prog to follow for Brighton. Not htat I've really thought about it all TBH.

mcs
13/11/2012 at 16:57

No club.......but family run though all bit slower than me so tend to run alone alot. Followed schedules from RW and P and D the last three years and improved alot. Just need another 8 minutes off to make it......time to don the head torch and stagger home again, just a gentle jog after quick miles this morning. 

13/11/2012 at 17:11

I've always fancied the THunder Run.

14/11/2012 at 08:04

Long time no post!

Jovi and Martin - wow wow wow - not sure how you keep just throwing out these marathons, much respect to you. It's amazing how far you can come with some grit, determination and training.

AH - not sure if I have already said but I really enjoyed your blog, you are very talented  I still think you're highly crazy with your swimming but hardcore!

MCS - I have done Grindleford for the last 3 years as I live not too far from there, will enter again at some point this week. Gradually getting faster each year, maybe going for 3.30 next time if I can get my act into gear! Have you ever thought of doing the Edale Skyline? That's a hard course, tougher than a marathon I'd say.

I was running along quite nicely as my mojo finally returned with vengeance until I got proper "woman flu". Think I really needed a good rest after the Bullock and my body was cross with me. Got a 10 mile road race in a few weeks which is not something I am looking forward to but good training for a half in January and then back to the fells again  

Do we have dates for a xmas meet up yet?

mcs
14/11/2012 at 10:30

Navigating the Edale Skyline could be scarey if the weather is bad, having walked round there quite alot. Hope you feel better soon Wishful......

14/11/2012 at 11:19

I would like to do Thunder Run. Someone tell me how. When is it again?

mcs
14/11/2012 at 11:36

July round a 10K route in a park for 24 hours non stop. Solo or team event!!! Tents, beer and barbecues involved too!!!

14/11/2012 at 12:34

Ikle, I posted info just above.

Fit-Running-Cat wrote (see)

Thunder Run is July 27/28th.

we already have one team of 7-8, likely 2 teams next year since some want definite option of doing 5 laps or more. Gives us the flexibility that some people can do 2 laps, and then enjoy beer/ booze & food. Others get to run 4-5.

Worked out £40 each including all food & BBQ, 3 days camping is included already in price. We also have a South African BBQ expert on our team. V important

Ikle, all you have to do is say "Yayyyy me!" and I'll pencil you in as interested like mcs. AH? Monies would be March - April approx so ages away.

We had a team of 8 last year, different abilities from 40 min 10k upto 1hr pace, everyone did at least 2 laps, but limited some to 4 laps. Second smaller team of 5-6 would solve this for everyone. Two teams would work out better/ cheaper, we had loads of food thrown away. One big shared camp for the teams.

14/11/2012 at 14:14

I already have a team for TR but hope we can all at least meet up.

So tired this week I know I did a marathon last weekend but feel drained Starting work at 6 this week not helping so not going to run this week and eat/drink what the hell I like

mcs
14/11/2012 at 14:47

Get some grub down you Martin and some vitamins.....you sound drained. This time of year loads of colds and flu about, limited daylight and energy levels drop for normal folk, not to mention marathoners who do miles of running. All the best.

14/11/2012 at 18:40
Yayyy me! Pencil me in, Scottie! I just need to check with Basey that the dates r ok.
14/11/2012 at 18:42
I knew the info but just didn't know if I had to book it myself.
14/11/2012 at 21:20
ace!
No you don't have to do anything. I'll sort everything out nearer the time, March / April probably. It's ??250 for a team of 8, with a bit for food roughly ??40 each.

Remember its 10k trail, trail shoes maybe useful, and goes on into night, so head torch needed.
14/11/2012 at 21:40

FRC - have you entered the teams ofr Thunder Run yet? Our team have already entered.  With it becoming so much more popular it might be full up by March?

Legs feeling quite springy considering marathon but I do feel a bit drained of energy. I went to running club last night but  took it steady.  Will do my usual run tomorrow morning but just very easy pace.  Wont do a long run this weekend and just do parkrun on Saturday.

14/11/2012 at 22:07

I have a head torch, but don't have any trail shoes. What fun!

15/11/2012 at 08:58

Ran just over 6 miles yesterday evening. Knee hurting a little by the end. Been eating healthily for nearly 4 days and already lost over a kilo! Hoorah! It's always like that at the start, huh? Just have to keep going over the Christmas season.... Happy sunny day all.

mcs
15/11/2012 at 10:23

Head torch charged and ran to work with it on this morning.....dont really like running in the total dark but this new head torch I have is amazing Laser Lens massive broad or narrow beam on it. Really lights up the trail. Ran home ahead of a cyclist last night not sure why he was going so slow but easily went past him and then kept well ahead all the way up the trail......

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.