sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,921 to 62,940 of 67,531 messages
25/11/2012 at 15:45
Glad to hear the knee held out ok ikle!
25/11/2012 at 16:16

Hanks!

25/11/2012 at 20:46

Scott - sorry to hear your news.  Glad you've found running helps. It's all those endorphins. And a great sense of achievement. xx

Great news re the 10 miles, Ikle.

My knees are both constantly sore . Must be careful.

Fab w/e in Jersey. Simon was working - or was meant to be - he got a bit frustrated that our lovely friend was intent on showing us the whole island when really we'd gone over so they coudl work.. But I had a lovely swim yesterday in the rain along a lovely beach and today I ran along another beach. Not quite as lovely but one hell of a lot better than any of the beaches around Winchester!  Did some good eating and drank rather a lot too.  The hot flushes seem to be back - am sure it's got to do with drinking.

Sorry Martin - too far away from Gloucester for you.

25/11/2012 at 20:55

What's that slow thumping/plodding sound?

...Oh... it's me trying to run...

That's what it felt like during this weekends runs...

25/11/2012 at 21:17
DTF, keep doing what you are doing, we all have down time when it comes to training, just remember all the positive stuff!
25/11/2012 at 21:21
Thanks AH, it's not just the endorphins, it helps that I have something to focus on, I am very goal orientated, so even going for a 5 mile run in a certain time helps!
26/11/2012 at 08:13

Happy Birthday Dave!

mcs
26/11/2012 at 09:31

I ran a nice 10 miler with daughter on her bike yesterday to keep me chatting and not go to fast as I tend to run my mileage at all the same pace if not careful. Averaged 8.40 so not too fast this time.  Rained all night and into Sunday am up here the river in Bakewell is just about coping though the fields are flooding.  Hope all are keeping their feet dry. Out running yesterday I have some waterproof socks that are awesome for keeping the feet dry.  Trainers get wet but the feet still dry amazing sealskinz, they do make your feet abit sweaty though.
Glad the knee held up Ikle. Always good when you get out and achieve your goal and the niggles stay away.   Have a good week all and hope work picks up for those with job issues out there.

26/11/2012 at 12:49

ikle, pleased about your knee!

mcs thats nice to get your run in and have time with your daughter!

hen, sounds like a lovely weekend, apart from the flushes, mine just stopped a while back, sure they will come back though!

26/11/2012 at 12:50

sorry to read about the job scott, hope something turns up soon

26/11/2012 at 13:44

Hi all, cor has'nt it just been raining, very hard here all weekends lots of flooding, had to drink friday and saturday this weekend which I havent done since i've started training properly, felt awful yesterday morning, got out for 7 miles with a few hills in the hour, i'm just keeping miles going at the moment easy pace, then have been sticking to pace when i do my interval training, went to docs and he's referred me for an X-ray on my ankle, so not sure what to think at the moment.

MCS i struggle to keep to a set pace and end up just going off when i feel good, which i know i shouldnt,

Scott hopefully your enthusiam from ruinning will let you snap up a job in no time at all.

26/11/2012 at 14:32
Thanks Andrew, and I think it's time fora run now.....
Out in the fog and rain!
26/11/2012 at 15:06

I wish I had trouble keeping slow! Was good running with TGR because he makes me go fasterer. Just his natural pace is faster than mine. Being a boy n all. And tall.

mcs
26/11/2012 at 15:22

I tend to end up running about 8 min miles to 8.30 generally and then when I do intervals flat out I can get down to 7mm.....but struggle to run long slow pace tend to speed up all the time, guess I just want to get home. Perhaps I need to put more hills into it.

26/11/2012 at 15:29
Well, that was hard work! Enjoyed it though.....
mcs
26/11/2012 at 15:31

Nearly dark here and raining just for a change........day of rest for me so driving home today a rare experience for me to have the car. I get it when there is no fuel or something wrong with it that needs to be fixed.

26/11/2012 at 20:24

Evening all

mcs- No that one. Guess your natural pace is your natural pace only way I can slow down is add walk breaks

Got to honest the treadmill wasa good option tonight. Good for training anyway started at 12.1 km hour then went up by .1 every 1KM to finish at 13. Tough but pleased after my 2  x 10 milers Fri/Sat with a 48.02

26/11/2012 at 22:39

SO! The Running School phoned me today and have brought forward my free running analysis session to TOMORROW evening! At 7pm! I'm well excited! And looking forward to telling all to all! =)

26/11/2012 at 22:48

In other news, my trousers started to fall down at work today, so something's obviously working!

I also accidentally shut troublesome child's fingers in the door when he was trying to escape. Oops!

26/11/2012 at 22:50
Sounds good Ikle, we await all the good stuff.

No running for me tonight, went to a talk by a sports scientist about hydration and related stuff. Fairly good. she has worked with Greg Whyte, and various athletes, teams.

Chatting after found out she has worked with Tim Noakes at Comrades.

There was much free pizza. Need to go for a run tomorrow now..maybe early, then club in evening.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.