sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,941 to 62,960 of 67,659 messages
26/11/2012 at 23:33
Frc, I was thinking of running in the morning and then with club in the evening, club run will be 6 or so miles, what should I do early on?
27/11/2012 at 08:09
Scott, depends what the session is. Dont want to be drained / tired in the evening.
Easy run?

Anyone use Inov8 shoes? Wondered about buying trail/ fell running shoes rather than spikes.
27/11/2012 at 09:47

guys a quick question do you log all of your runs for pace distance etc or just run for a set time?

27/11/2012 at 10:29

I never just run for a set time but I don't see why not!

27/11/2012 at 10:34
I usually have a route in mind, and aim for a pace per mile.
27/11/2012 at 10:42

Good Day all you runners!

Just popping in to say that I ran another XC for club on Sunday. Very wet and muddy. Good fun all the same and I actually felt fine all the way around (even on the hills). Our top lady got carted off to hospital after falling over in large puddle and cutting her knee.

Club 10k this Sunday so hoping I feel up for it and get a good run in to finish the year. I have a club mate who is there or there abouts with me for pace. He Just finished ahead of me in the last 10k and I am 2 -1 up in XCs. I did sit behind him in the first XC and used him as my pacer until the last mile (which he keeps reminding me about!). I am not great at pacing so tend to need someone to pull me along.

Hills with club tonight if my dearest wife lets me!! She has been giving me the silent treatment since last week when I said I wanted to go running with club on Tuesday - she had other plans she hadn't told me about !! I said "Tuesday is my running night.. I always run on a Tuesday!!. She said "you can run later on!": "I said I want to run with club not on my own at midnight!"; she said "OK, I'll arrange something else...huff, huff!!" ....not sure she has said much else to me since then.....so there is a God!!!

Edited: 27/11/2012 at 10:43
27/11/2012 at 12:05

Andrew, use garmin for most runs, some good calendar & analysis features on there if thats what you're after, most of my runs are with club or pals so generally a set session or time limit. 

I also use cardiotrainer on my android phone after the fact, very rule of thumb, but if I've done an hours circuit, football, or weight session or whatever, it gets logged in there. Whenever I put my phone on, it shows calorie count for last 7 days on one screen - to nag you - plus can look back on my history.

so 2801 miles run since Jan 2011 till today, ~352,000 calories,  including gym 500,000 calories. a fair bit burnt off !

Umbongo , bad boy. can't you both run or one looks after kids? Is Mrs Umbongo a member of a club or run on her own? I don't like Mrs FRC running in the dark for example.

27/11/2012 at 12:07
Umbongo, I am sure that she will get used route it.... have you heard the tonys trials on marathon talk, about the runner marrying the non runner? It's hilarious.

In other news, has any one got any tips on stopping my running tops stinking? I wash them as per instructed, as soon as I get back from a run, but very often, they still stink of B O.
27/11/2012 at 15:54

Umbongo, don't be mean!

SD2, my brother has a rank solution or at least response to same problem. Don't use deodorant. I'm not sure how that helps. In fact I'm fairly certain it doesn't.

27/11/2012 at 16:24
Thanks iklebutn, I think......
Just got back from a windy 6 miles, hovering around 8.30 pace.
Uneventful, but came back covered in dog sh#t!
And I stink to high heaven of B O as well!
27/11/2012 at 16:42

Ikle, your brother smells. thats what you want to say. Cicero est stinkum, QED?

Scott, ditch the kit maybe? might be past its sell by date... the low temperature washing now. Have a wash?

Definitely have a wash this time!

Edited: 27/11/2012 at 16:43
27/11/2012 at 16:47
Have a wash? That might just be crazy enough to work!
Mrs D has put her foot down, I am not allowed to go to running club tonight, apparently I "have had all day to go jogging". That hurt, but really hurt.
27/11/2012 at 16:49
Thanks for sharing. Nice multi-sensory impression...
27/11/2012 at 16:54

SD2 - try soaking them in Milton tablets once a week to kill the bacteria which causes the smell.

27/11/2012 at 17:08

funnily enough milton tablets were recommended at talk about hydration last night... for your bottles.

surveys of a team of athletes found faecal matter inside the bottles. ugh.

27/11/2012 at 17:31

god this thread has gone all disgusting .. BO and poo.. nice...

changing the subject - Umbongo its nearly Christmas - be nice to your wife

AH and Wabo - am signed up for Claybury !! where is it and can i get back here in time for me tea party ??

Fleet half people - its the same day as Finchley 20 ... damn .. may have to do Finchley 20 ... ho hum...

27/11/2012 at 18:22

where is Wendy ?

27/11/2012 at 18:28

Choice choices!

Must arrange a gettogether....

Back at work - lots of folk redundant - everyone looking drawn. 

I have kit like that...

27/11/2012 at 21:48
Sorry for lowering the tone folks.....
I will try the Milton tablets though, that actually makes sense.....
27/11/2012 at 21:49
In other news, job interview tomorrow, fingers crossed......
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.